• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Diesel Vehicle For Around 20-25 Lks???

Audi A4

OMFG unbelievable :sad-smiley-023:

Sorry, but I must agree. That is some epic fail. They must not have "how to identify a car" in the curriculum.

But maybe you guys can teach him? It does look like he actually doesn't know, not that he is trolling.

Edited by Pericles

I have a simpler explanation. The rear boot lid might have sustained some damage and changed as a result, so the badge out side does not match the labels inside the door.

My car has a similar issue with the hood as it clearly says 4G15 engine while I know its a 4G91.

Sorry, but I must agree. That is some epic fail. They must not have "how to identify a car" in the curriculum.

But maybe you guys can teach him? It does look like he actually doesn't know, not that he is trolling.

Hmmmm yeah i guess for the benefit of others also we could do that.

whre else can we know what it is??the manual shows abt 6 model no`s..all look d same

Hmmm okay first up is you cant judge what a car is by badges, people add all kinds of stupid badges to cars. heck i've seen BMW 318i's with M3 badges but that doesn't make it an M3 does ?

Okay so to answer your question you have to first find your vehicle registration book (not the catalog but the one given by RMV) it should have a section called displacement (should be in cc if i remember correctly). If its says 1800cc it means 1.8, if it says 2400 its 2.4; just divide the cc by 1000 and you get the engine capacity in Litres which is the first part of the cars badge or version.

Second part is pretty straight forward, TDI stands for "Turbocharged Direct Injection" and it only applies to diesel engines. So if you know your car isnt a diesel it definitely isnt a "TDI". AFAIK the B5 never came with 1.8TDI engines (it was 1.9TDI).

So next step is to find out if its turbocharged, well dont ask me what it looks like cause im pretty sure you can find plenty of pics on the internet of a turbo charger. Find out if your car has a turbo. should be attached somewhere near your exhaust manifold, its hard to miss looks like a big round snail :D

so how do we badge the car ? first comes the engine displacement 1.8/1.9/2.4.

If it is turbo charged it should be 1.8T / 1.9T /2.4T etc.

this should help you out on additional specs (http://www.automobil...audi/a4_b5.html)

Edited by The Stig

I have a simpler explanation. The rear boot lid might have sustained some damage and changed as a result, so the badge out side does not match the labels inside the door.

My car has a similar issue with the hood as it clearly says 4G15 engine while I know its a 4G91.

but you clearly knew what the actual model was right? :D

<><><><> trolls at work! <><><><>

:medium-smiley-037: :medium-smiley-037: :medium-smiley-037: :medium-smiley-037: :medium-smiley-037: :medium-smiley-037: :medium-smiley-037: :medium-smiley-037: :medium-smiley-037:

watch for the sign people ! OP can be an avatar of a famous troll here :)

Edited by Cyclist