• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Warning Lights

estias

Question

hi

i have a 2000 toyota carina at212,my low fuel warning light is not working i have checked the bulb it looked ok but i changed anyway and there is no change.i have checked for blown fuses but could not find any.can anyone help me please.......

12 answers to this question

Did you try checking the fuel tank level sensor? :) It might be under the rear seat. Pull it out carefully and check. Try not to smoke while you are doing iot and try not to drop anything in the tank also.

machan in that case the fuel gauge will also fail innit ? the OP doesn't mention anything that sort

Members,

Remove the tank unit and check up the end connections are OK, If you earth the bulb wire then the fuel low bulb will work.

At the same time check the tank unit end out let connection, when the level is very low the fuel meter light will come on.

By connecting a bulb on to tank floater unit on your hand, have to move the floater unit up and down by hand. to check the bulb signal connection.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Guys what's the attached warning light indicates? Is that the low tyre pressure warning? It's a Corolla 121.

It appears one or two times and went back.

Edit; Photo added.

Too blurry, but that looks like the "Tyre pressure warning" indicator.

Guys what's the attached warning light indicates? Is that the low tyre pressure warning? It's a Corolla 121.

It appears one or two times and went back.

Edit; Photo added.

It is the low pressure warning. Make sure you have equal pressure on both tyres on front and back. Hope the tires are identical. In a very rare case it could be the wheel sensors needing a simple clean up.

Too blurry, but that looks like the "Tyre pressure warning" indicator.
It is the low pressure warning. Make sure you have equal pressure on both tyres on front and back. Hope the tires are identical. In a very rare case it could be the wheel sensors needing a simple clean up.

Thanks guys. Most of the tyre pressure warning lights on internet had virticle bar instead of horizental one as in pic.

Is it a single sensor? or all 4 wheels has 4 sensors? I am not using the car, its with a friend. He has pumped Nitrigon :sleeping-smiley-008: .. Could inflating one wheel with regular air can cause this kind of problem?

The ECU of your car gives out this alarm when there is a difference in the wheel rotational speed consistently over a predetermined period. An under inflated tire has slightly smaller diameter and hence a lower tangential speed compared to correctly inflated wheel. I do not know if mixing up nitrogen inflated tires with those inflated with regular air to the "same pressure" can result in differences in diameter but if it does for some reason then you may get this alarm. There are four sensor for the four wheels and the same sensors detect wheel lock up to enter the braking system into ABS mode.

Edited by Rumesh88