• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Front Windshield Tint?

SimpleAuto

Gents,

Have any of you guys used a tint for Front windshield? If so, do you recommend the same? does it cut down hear in a considerable amount? does the light comes though serves the purpose? also will 3M is good enough for that purpose? You guys are aware of any other good brands?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, putting a 3M Tint o your front windscreen is an excellent idea. It cuts the light/heat and in the night you can avoid all those other idiots who drives on the High Beam.

For best effect, make sure you tint all 4 windows and the rear windscreen too. It will give you better gas mileage as the AC won't work as hard too since inside the car its nice and cool.

• Like 2

Dont be so sarcastic.... he is asking about the clear tint for the windscreen.

Its a little expensive Rs 12k for the full windscreen, Kle*npark has a unit where u can test it yourself by holding it to a heat lamp. I have checked it out and there is a noticeable reduction in the heat. So if you are someone who drives a lot in the mid day heat its a good investment and will also protect the dash plus help the a/c.

I dont think there are any other clear tints available in the mass market other than 3M, and cannot guarantee if they work.

Its a little expensive Rs 12k for the full windscreen, Kle*npark has a unit where u can test it yourself by holding it to a heat lamp. I have checked it out and there is a noticeable reduction in the heat. So if you are someone who drives a lot in the mid day heat its a good investment and will also protect the dash plus help the a/c.

I dont think there are any other clear tints available in the mass market other than 3M, and cannot guarantee if they work.

Thanks a lot for the information buddy....Do you think driving under the same is safe and all? i mean it wont introduce any glare or anything? thanks again!

I wasn't. I was trying to help the man.

jeez you must be the life of every party you get invited, eh? :)

Thanks a lot for the information buddy....Do you think driving under the same is safe and all? i mean it wont introduce any glare or anything? thanks again!

No, there is a guy in office having it.... seems ok and cannot see any difference as its a clear tint.

Although you cannot say how it will be after say 3 or 4 years time, after some reaction to the sun and heat.... some discoloration is possible, but 3m would have done their research...

No, there is a guy in office having it.... seems ok and cannot see any difference as its a clear tint.

Although you cannot say how it will be after say 3 or 4 years time, after some reaction to the sun and heat.... some discoloration is possible, but 3m would have done their research...

Don't they promote it by saying that there is a 10 year warranty on some of these?

if it's clear, then it isn't a tint. The 3M clear film application reduces UV absorption and the heating up of the interior on sunny days without affecting clarity. It's like having a screen protector on your windscreen, you can see the difference but it doesn't obscure anything. There's a car in our office which has had the treatment done to it.

I have been using 3M crystalline tint on my front windshield for the past 2.5 years. It hasn't got discolored so far. Got it done from KleenPark. It used to be 12K for the front windshield. Noticeable reduction in heat during the day time.

I have been using 3M crystalline tint on my front windshield for the past 2.5 years. It hasn't got discolored so far. Got it done from KleenPark. It used to be 12K for the front windshield. Noticeable reduction in heat during the day time.

Thanks dude...good to hear from someone who has already gone thro..