• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Trj120

AWESOME

Question

hi,

i'm planing to buy toyota prado TRJ 120 petrol jeep. which model is good TZ or TX & best fuel consumption which engine capacity is the best.

Toyota Prado TRJ120 Petrol TZ or TX Limited

2700cc

3400cc

4600cc

which one good in fuel consumption.

If you know any jeep below 8.0mn please let me know.

big_43926_5.jpeg

23 answers to this question

There's no 4.6L prado 120 or 150 for that matter. The latter TZ versions of the 120 came with a 4.0L. With a budget of 8 mil it will be out your reach as they go for well over 10 mil or even closer to 12 mil if I'm not mistaken. I think you're better off going for a 3.4 TZ-G as it has way more options and quite a lot faster than the 2.7 TX. To make matters worse the 2.7 comes with 4 speed auto.

One more thing. This is purely to keep you informed. You can't generalize When you refer to the 120 series as the TRJ120 it means you're referring only to the 2.7L version.

There's no 4.6L prado 120 or 150 for that matter. The latter TZ versions of the 120 came with a 4.0L. With a budget of 8 mil it will be out your reach as they go for well over 10 mil or even closer to 12 mil if I'm not mistaken. I think you're better off going for a 3.4 TZ-G as it has way more options and quite a lot faster than the 2.7 TX. To make matters worse the 2.7 comes with 4 speed auto.

One more thing. This is purely to keep you informed. You can't generalize When you refer to the 120 series as the TRJ120 it means you're referring only to the 2.7L version.

no there is 4690cc engine capacity prado. and you know current market price in srilanka 2.7L unreg 9.0mn , registerd price will be lower than un reg price. 3.4L prado price 7.5mn registed KK numbers. but i want to know which one good for fuel consumption

Edited by AWESOME

no there is 4690cc engine capacity prado. and you know current market price in srilanka 2.7L unreg 9.0mn , registerd price will be lower than un reg price. 3.4L prado price 7.5mn registed KK numbers. but i want to know which one good for fuel consumption

No there isn't. The 4.7L V8 was fitted to the Lexus version of the Prado 120, which is the Lexus GX470. So good luck finding one of those in our shores. If you want a 4.7 V8 over here you'll have to go for 100 series or a cygnus. You can buy a 98-99 Cygnus for around 8.5 million.

I could've been clearer in my last post about the pricing. I meant to say that the 4.0L version of the 120 will be just under 12 mil. You can buy plenty of 2.7s and 3.4s for under 8 mil. That is why I suggested the 3.4, as the 2.7 is way too slow. The fuel consumption might be slightly better on the 2.7 as it's 4 cylinder unit.

Edited by g-unit

Especially for this type of vehicles, the registration number means nothing. Majority are late registrations. So a 7.5 Mil KK registration plate would be a 2003/04 model that was imported in an era where import taxes and exchange rates were much more desirable!

Links to download JDM catalogues of Toyota Land Cruiser Prado TRJ120

2004 August

http://web-cache.str...ra-u_200408.pdf

2005 July

http://web-cache.str...ra-u_200507.pdf

2006 August

http://web-cache.str...ra-u_200608.pdf

2007 July

http://web-cache.str...ra-u_200707.pdf

2008 August

http://web-cache.str...ra-u_200808.pdf

How do you get these stuff mate?

Especially for this type of vehicles, the registration number means nothing. Majority are late registrations. So a 7.5 Mil KK registration plate would be a 2003/04 model that was imported in an era where import taxes and exchange rates were much more desirable!

yes its 2004 model.. but i want to know now 2700cc & 3400cc fuel consumption.

thnx but i want to know 3.4 model fuel consumption

You must be a rich man if you're still asking about getting a 3.4 in today's car economy. In any case, the answer to your question is "shitty." Our office one gets under 5kmpl in the city and not much more on long trips.

One of the least economical and practical vehicles I can think of. You're much better off going for a mid-late 90s Prado, back when it still meant something more than a boorish street cruiser.

• Like 1

Could any of you please tell me the standard tire size for the Land Cruiser Prado 120 ?

The Internets giving varied numbers.

Thanks in advance!

That might be because you see various sizes of rims on those things. So I would guess the 'standard size' depends on what size rims you have.

That might be because you see various sizes of rims on those things. So I would guess the 'standard size' depends on what size rims you have.

Well what I meant by standard size was the recommended size by the vehicle manufacturer.

2 hours ago, Shev said:

Did you find the fuel consumption of 3400cc

Since its been 11years since the member was online I doubt you will get a response from him. Expect to get about 4-5kmpl on average. Considering the age of the vehicle there will be some wear and tear that makes the car less efficient. So don't be surprised if the fuel consumption is towards the poor end of the spectrum.

greetings all ,

my personal opinion based on driving experience of Prado GX (manual) TX (Auto )& TZ (Auto).

both TX and GX were 2TR VVTI  4cylinder engines and TZ is 3.2 cc 6 cylinder. To be honest ,when compared to TX and GX ,TZ is heavenly in every aspect smooth driving ,,balloon like suspension and what not , yes obviously fuel consumption is little bit lower than both TX and GX coz TZ is 6 cylinder so my personal recommendation is TZ ,,TZ and TZ.

one last thing if someone is seriously concern about fuel consumption shall not opt for any Prado in that case coz Prado is a luxury vehicle with luxury fuel consumption. It does not understand the meaning of economical driving .harder you  hit the gas harder it hits your pocket 

just my view ..