• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Battery Issue.

Dhanushkapg

Question

Dear Experts,

i have nissan FB15 car. In 2010 i changed by battery to Amaron Sealed type one. ( 18 months warranty ). Then htwo months before 18 months suddenly car not start, Then i clam warranty and attach new Amaron Battery to Car in 2011 ( 18 months warranty ) .Then after yesterday my car not start again withing warranty period.

According to my point of view , My car is not heavily running and almost it running once or twice a month. According to my memory it not start since 3 or 4 weeks yet.

So i like to know , how frequently car should be start if it parked at home. What are the battery caring tips to protect battery in maximum duration ?

Your answers are valuable

guys,

Anyone know where i can buy a Battery Float Charger or Jump Starter from here. Can get it off eBay but the quality of it im not sure and shipping will be more than the product itself. Any local dealers or a shop around colombo?

<<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-Battery-Float-Charger-Cen-Tech-Brand-New-Car-Motorcycle-ATV-12V-/360462412499?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53ed3bead3&vxp=mtr>>

<<http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-CAR-JUMP-STARTER-BATTERY-BOOSTER-LED-LIGHT-START-/170732326924?pt=UK_Recovery_Tools&hash=item27c070900c#ht_4530wt_952>>

I bought one from amazon...had it for a good 3 years or so now.

use it to keep my bike battery in shape and the occasional charging of the truck battery. Held up pretty well.

http://www.streetwizeaccessories.com/car-accessories/Battery-Chargers-~-Testers/1/all-categories/0/1/?page=1

thats the brand but the model i got seems to have been discontinued.

And afaik....you can't buy it in SL. at least not the float charger. You might be able to find a jump starter though

'Jay Serasinghe,

I have two battery charges maximum 4 Amps with ammeters and regulator if you are interested you can contact me on 071 2222420/ 2573690.

This post is not a advertisement specially made for any members who wants to have a float charger.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Is there any consequence in using a low amperage battery than recommended because, now I'm using one due to it been installed by a battery shop who offered help when i was stuck at the middle of the night.

Clark's son,

What Amperage was your original battery, what is your car.

If few amperes less than the original battery it wont do any harm to your car.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Edited by Sylvi

Is there any consequence in using a low amperage battery than recommended because, now I'm using one due to it been installed by a battery shop who offered help when i was stuck at the middle of the night.

as per my understanding, lower rated battery will discharge faster than a proper rated battery. If you're using all electrical features and pushing the electrical system to the max, a lower amp rated battery will die out sooner.

Charging circuit wont be able to keep up with increased discharge levels.

having said that, if the difference is little and you dont run high powered stereos, auxiliary lights etc etc... there shouldn't be a major issue

• Like 1

Thanx guys it was a 35Amph for a 55Amph, was a pretty upset day, so had no choice. as he opened the shop near midnight.

It starts and runs well so will go for a recommended one next time

'Clark's son',

Is it the new battery came with the car or replased early.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanx guys it was a 35Amph for a 55Amph, was a pretty upset day, so had no choice. as he opened the shop near midnight.

It starts and runs well so will go for a recommended one next time

IMO...35amph is too low for a vehicle that needed 55amph.

when you're night driving in wet weather, chances are that the battery will start deteriorating faster. (lights, ac, wipers are all on) add a stereo and possibly auxiliary lights to the equation and things just get worse

Guys, worth to note down this number.

Battmobile Hotline - 0777714714

Whenever you need any assistance at the road side regarding a battery problem, call Battmobile. They will come to you shortly.

The brand of the battery is immaterial and it is free of charge.

http://www.brownsgroup.com/power-generation-battery.php

(This detail is only published to convey the message to the forum members who are not aware of this and not for any business purpose or to promote any brand)

The brand of the battery is immaterial and it is free of charge.

If i only knew this I would have called them.

BTW

the book says 45amp h is enough, but the previous owner had used a 55amp h one,

I'm now using this for about 6month not much of a problem,

just posted to clarify whether it could harm the electronics.

And yes I would shurely replace it when it becomes hard to start

Edited by Clark's son

If i only knew this I would have called them.

BTW

the book says 45amp h is enough, but the previous owner had used a 55amp h one,

I'm now using this for about 6month not much of a problem,

just posted to clarify whether it could harm the electronics.

And yes I would shurely replace it when it becomes hard to start

what is your car dude?.

Thanks Ripper/ Sylvi for the info.

most of the batt float chargers are rated for 110V AC. I am still looking for a good one.

Just curious to know, Is it possible to jump start a car with 230v AC current? I have seen industrial jump starters used in shops. any DIY circuit diagram to try this out? Googling didn't help much to find :(

most of the batt float chargers are rated for 110V AC. I am still looking for a good one.

Just curious to know, Is it possible to jump start a car with 230v AC current? I have seen industrial jump starters used in shops. any DIY circuit diagram to try this out? Googling didn't help much to find :(

source one from the UK mate. that's what i did!

On the mains powered jump starter thing...i would be very cautious in trying a DIY setup for that. Something goes wrong and you'll fry all your electronics. Too big of a risk to take IMHO

source one from the UK mate. that's what i did!

On the mains powered jump starter thing...i would be very cautious in trying a DIY setup for that. Something goes wrong and you'll fry all your electronics. Too big of a risk to take IMHO

Yeah while also taking the risk of electrocuting yourself...

Edited by Watchman

Jay Serasinghe',

There are some welding transformers have this facility with DC 14 volts tap on the out put side of the wlding winding which is 40 volts AC.

If you have a welding transformer this can be done with a 200 ampere diode to convert to DC.

IF you want to make one buy a old welding transformer with a good winding i will help you to do same. It is 100% safe will not damage your electronics due to 14 volts DC. Or the voltage can be redused to 12 volts on the jump charger.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.