• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Year Tyre - Indonesia

ThilakR

Question

Hi Friends,

I need to change tyres of my car. (185 70 14) and was looking for an affordable and good tyres

Found Good Year tyre made in Indonesia for Rs.10,600.00

How is this tyre and the price?

Your advice is greatly appreciate.

Many thanks :)

Edited by ThilakR

Guys ,

I checked a tryes @ a place in mount . all maybe aware of the place . just front of the lion pub seling used tyres . but looks new (called cutta kapapu tyres) . any one have used shuch ? howd the qulity and usage ?

can get 175 /70 R13 for 3000/= max .

who have used ? and any experiance ?

Are these retreads. Because rubber on tyres have a finite lifetime I don't think its advisable to use used old tyres unless for an emergency. Retreads, well they have their uses, but probably only for the rear wheels though even that is only if you are really having difficulties with money or for a commercial application.

Never Buy (Katta Kapapu tyres) or used Tyres... ther is a reason why the original user has changed it machang

I agree with you . heard same places are there enough @ jethawana road too . and price can be cheep more than that . some are says thats ok to use . can change two thime when you buy a new one . but i can't accept it . so thats y need experiance from users .

Are these retreads. Because rubber on tyres have a finite lifetime I don't think its advisable to use used old tyres unless for an emergency. Retreads, well they have their uses, but probably only for the rear wheels though even that is only if you are really having difficulties with money or for a commercial application.

its looks same like new . when they sell they saing its some cheep chinice tyres . but i check with macanic gay . he too said those are used and ther have cut the marks again . but some are bying those and using.

its looks same like new . when they sell they saing its some cheep chinice tyres . but i check with macanic gay . he too said those are used and ther have cut the marks again . but some are bying those and using.

I don't think you can cut the marks on existing worn rubber. You will have to put another layer of rubber on top before you do that. Personally I'd stay away from them. Using a cheap Indian or Chinese brand would be better than using tyres like that.

Definitely stay away from the "kutta kapapu" tires.. I've been to the Arpidac facility where they retread tires, and followed the process from start to end. The first step is actually shaving off the existing tread down to the core. They do however cut tread sometimes for massive specialty tires, those tires come out of the oven basically as slicks, with a full layer of rubber.

Any one have changed or check the Tyre prices resonantly ?

what will be the cost of 165/70 R13 ?

now I have 175/70 R13 with alloy wheel. what is the minimum size (175 / 165 / 155 ? ) i can use with this ?

My spare wheel is 155/80 R13 with the rim. that's the original Tyre size and feel very easy to turn when that fix to the front.

can i use the same size Tyre with the alloy wheel ?

Guys I Put new tyres CEAT 165 / 80 R13 (Rs5800/= )

But now have a small issue need to raice front suspention . coz gap bitween tyre and mudgurd is not enough to go with alloy .

Guys I Put new tyres CEAT 165 / 80 R13 (Rs5800/= )

But now have a small issue need to raice front suspention . coz gap bitween tyre and mudgurd is not enough to go with alloy .

You should have used a smaller tyre size, possibly 165/60 R13. Use a tyre size calculator when changing tyre sizes so that the overall diameter of the wheel remains constant.

http://www.alloywheels.com/Tyre_Calculator

You should have used a smaller tyre size, possibly 165/60 R13. Use a tyre size calculator when changing tyre sizes so that the overall diameter of the wheel remains constant.

http://www.alloywhee...Tyre_Calculator

Actullay thets the correct tyre size of my car . even my spare wheel on that size . but now it have came out bcoz of the alloy . any way Job Done yersterday .

My machanic raice the car body up from the shoks . now it has more space .

and feel very comfert when drive .

Edited by mensoft

Guys can you let me know the places?

i had put all the details including phone numbers. site Admin has removed all the details. so nothing to do.

you contact admin and ask. he will know.

sorry

Edited by Nilantha

i had put all the details including phone numbers. site Admin has removed all the details. so nothing to do.

sorry

Hmm.. interesting.

I don't know the rules here, but if these information can be properly encrypted with asterix (like bri*gestone) I think it would be great!

sorry

We moderate local automotive related website URL's ..but you can publish phone numbers ect.

We moderate local automotive related website URL's ..but you can publish phone numbers ect.

He only had a names of a few places, what they had quoted for which (different tyre brands) and telephone numbers when it was available Madz. That post is now deleted. At the very least it was an indicator of the kind of discounts people can expect if they negotiate and also that the places in Malay street aren't necessarily the cheapest.

He only had a names of a few places, what they had quoted for which (different tyre brands) and telephone numbers when it was available Madz. That post is now deleted. At the very least it was an indicator of the kind of discounts people can expect if they negotiate and also that the places in Malay street aren't necessarily the cheapest.

I cannot remember moderating something like that..maybe he must have posted it during the old forum to new forum changeover period.

sorry

Hi Nilantha, If you don't mind can you pls re-post all the details again?

I cannot remember moderating something like that..maybe he must have posted it during the old forum to new forum changeover period.

Hi Nilantha, If you don't mind can you pls re-post all the details again?

I am sorry brother i don't have time to find those things again. if i had time i will try to do it again.

SORRY

Goodyear Dureplus prices gone up again. last time i bought for 9,800/- before one month. yesterday i went to buy two tyres. the final prices was 11,200/- but i could find Yokohama 185/70/14 Philippians for 10,500/- but i went for MAXXES tyre set it was 9000/-