• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrids...do We Really Need Them?

Duncan

Thats not what you said, this is what you said.

Your choice of words was "NEED". Flat out statement. Not choose. And need a car. And now you want it to mean something else.

Which is actually more typical Cali BS.

Please remember I'm not arguing over better cars. I'm simply pointing out the utter rot you post. Now please go away.

I was using tongue-in-cheek humor to play with the title of this thread. Exxxcuuuuuse meeee.

Typical short sighted mentality. Deny problems and do nothing about them. Take no preventative or corrective action. So then a small easily corrected problem over time becomes a really really really big problem. At which point, when something has to be done, a complete solution to fix the big problem is too difficult and expensive to fully implement.

I congratulate you on being able to speak out of your ass! Remarkable achievement but a pain to watch nonetheless. As I said before, I apologize for the forum members for wasting your bandwidth on this bull crap. :)

• Like 1

I congratulate you on being able to speak out of your ass! Remarkable achievement but a pain to watch nonetheless. As I said before, I apologize for the forum members for wasting your bandwidth on this bull crap. :)

And I apologize on your behalf to everyone for your original nonsense about vehicle emissions/pollution in Colombo being lower than cities in the U.S. and other countries. :)

2qcp4dc.jpg

Edited by Californikan

And I apologize on your behalf to everyone for your original nonsense about vehicle emissions/pollution in Colombo being lower than cities in the U.S. and other countries. :)

2qcp4dc.jpg

Nice colourful slide, but please help me and the rest of us recall when there was ever a emission standard for importing new vhicles. Maybe you could help us google the gazette notification or the relevant act.

2qcp4dc.jpg

This chart depicts emission standard regulations imposed by various governments over a period of time,it doesn't show actual emission levels for countries....This is just some random image that pops up when you Google 'Emission standards'...tell me,are you that desperate to look smart or just stupid?

Edited by MasterDon

2qcp4dc.jpg

Capital L!! LOL - dude check what you've posted!!!! ROFLMFAO!!! :heat:

This chart depicts emission standard regulations imposed by various governments over a period of time,it doesn't show actual emission levels for countries....This is just some random image that pops up when you Google 'Emission standards'...tell me,are you that desperate to look smart or just stupid?

Yes, I know that. It quite obviously says emissions standards and not emission levels.

The relevant point of the slide is that SL is way behind in even setting its emissions standards compared to Asian neighbors.

Ah, another "point" where he said one thing, but was trying to say another...

Go Away Cali.

Actually no, you are wrong. It's not "said one thing, but was trying to say another". It's called two separate, but related ideas in one post. One idea in words and the other related idea in a chart. But of course you didn't pick that up. No surprise You've proven time and time again that you are unable to assimilate ideas that are too different from your own.

PS. Six years is a long time to be mod. Babysitting a bunch of juvenile delinquents has made you a grumpy, irritable, homourless old man. Maybe it's time you handed over the reins and went away.

• Like 1

Actually no, you are wrong. It's not "said one thing, but was trying to say another". It's called two separate, but related ideas in one post. One idea in words and the other related idea in a chart. But of course you didn't pick that up. No surprise You've proven time and time again that you are unable to assimilate ideas that are too different from your own.

You've proven time and time again you are too dumb to separate your ideas.

Also you've posted a graphic which has no relation to the topic, or the current flow of the thread. And there is no relationship between the two ... err... ideas either. One second you're talking about the level of air pollution vs US. Next you put a picture about regulations in comparison to Asia, ONLY on light vehicles. And quite a few others have pointed out you are being a dumbass too. We also note that you conveniently ignored Watchman's question. Again, typical Cali behaviour.

Go away.

PS. Six years is a long time to be mod. Babysitting a bunch of juvenile delinquents has made you a grumpy, irritable, homourless old man. Maybe it's time you handed over the reins and went away.

I care as much for that opinion as I do about your opinions on motoring. Zip, ziltch, nada. Tho I did find it humorous that you just referred to yourself as a juvenile delinquent. Now go away.

Edited by Pericles

And you obviously are the king of dumbass conclusions.

Hmmm that's interesting cause i never mentioned you by name, i just said "please stop feeding the damn troll".

Well you know if the hat fits wear it.

I'm surprised he's not banned already... For irrelevant posts and sending topics out of track. Has got some of us only reading through now.

As for the hybrids, Prius to be specific, them not emitting any noise is one big issue. I almost lost my knee, because of a Prius, which was already injured due to a minor accident earlier. They might fit bells or whatever in other countries, but doubt the penny pinchers here will do anything that will affect their pockets...

Edited by BLu3HaZe

I'd buy a Prius in a heart beat if I had the money. Only because it takes me 1 hour to drive 14kms, and I could save a buttload of cash on fueling my car.

Edit: I'd also fit it with a Star Wars sound effect generator hooked up to the e-throttle.

Edited by terrabytetango

You've proven time and time again you are too dumb to separate your ideas.

Also you've posted a graphic which has no relation to the topic, or the current flow of the thread. And there is no relationship between the two ... err... ideas either. One second you're talking about the level of air pollution vs US. Next you put a picture about regulations in comparison to Asia, ONLY on light vehicles. And quite a few others have pointed out you are being a dumbass too. We also note that you conveniently ignored Watchman's question. Again, typical Cali behaviour. Go away.I care as much for that opinion as I do about your opinions on motoring. Zip, ziltch, nada. Tho I did find it humorous that you just referred to yourself as a juvenile delinquent. Now go away.

Big Sigh. Your post :rolleyes: could be a textbook definition of a person flailing around grasping at straws in a desperate attempt to discredit what someone else wrote, but only ending up making himself look like a fool. There are so many mistakes in your post and such a complete lack of knowledge about this subject matter :rolleyes: it's laughable.

Also you've posted a graphic which has no relation to the topic, or the current flow of the thread. And there is no relationship between the two ... err... ideas either.

You are utterly and completely wrong. The two ideas - emissions standards - and - vehicle emissions levels are completely linked. This is a historical fact in all major markets.

It is the major market governments that force carmakers to produce lower emissions vehicles cars through strict emissions regulations and penalties. Not the other way around. Just recently the U.S. govt mandated super stringent emissions standards for the years 2018-2025. No car maker except Tesla currently meets the new standard. But all carmakers will have to meet the new standards or face penalties. In this way it is the major market governments that force carmakers to develop even cleaner vehicles through emissions regulations and penalties, much more than the carmakers themselves do. Because of this, countries with stringent emissions standards have vehicles with much lower emissions than countries with lax emissions standards.

One second you're talking about the level of air pollution vs US. Next you put a picture about regulations in comparison to Asia, ONLY on light vehicles.

Wrong again. The debate started off with a Colombo vehicle emissions vs U.S. cities vehicles emissions comparison,but quickly moved on to SL emissions vs other countries. FYI: 'Other countries' refers to all countries all over the world including countries in Asia.

One second you're talking about the level of air pollution vs US. Next you put a picture about regulations in comparison to Asia, ONLY on light vehicles.

Now this is just plain stupid. And yet again it shows your total lack of knowledge about the subject matter.

2qcp4dc.jpg

The first entry in the chart is the European Union. The European Union is not in Asia. The European Union is not in Asian.The European Union is 27 European countries. You looked at the chart and couldn't even understand that it shows SL emissions standards in comparison to Asia countries AND 27 Europrean countries. And if you knew anything about emissions which you don't , you'd know that Sri Lanka has adopted the Euro emissions classification system so it's best to compare SL with countries that use that same system.

More total lack of knowledge about the subject matter. You don't even know what a light vehicle is. And what's worse, you didn't even bother to look up what a light vehicle is before spouting off your utter rot. A light vehicle is a CAR. CARS is what we are talking about. CARS is what we have been talking about the entire time.

We also note that you conveniently ignored Watchman's question. Again, typical Cali behaviour.

It's not my job or my obligation to google things for other people, even if I have a black belt in Google. If you are so concerned with finding that info, then start looking for it yourself instead of whining like a baby.

Edited by Californikan

Hmmm that's interesting cause i never mentioned you by name, i just said "please stop feeding the damn troll".

Well you know if the hat fits wear it.

Actually, no.

You urged people not to respond to the troll. I had no idea who your troll was so I dangled a carrot in front of you to see if it was me you were referring to. But then you bit the carrot I dangled in front of you and responded to me, so I guess not.

More total lack of knowledge about the subject matter. You don't even know what a light vehicle is. And what's worse, you didn't even bother to look up what a light vehicle is before spouting off your utter rot. A light vehicle is a CAR. CARS is what we are talking about. CARS is what we have been talking about the entire time.

So the black smoke and soot belching cars, vans, buses and lorries that are common on SL roads is a very rare and unusual sight on U.S. roads. When one walks on Galle road there is constant smoke and soot belching from vehicles with no emissions controls. When one walks on the road in an American city there is hugely lower levels of emissions coming out of the tailpipes of vehicles.

Big Sigh. Your post :rolleyes: could be a textbook definition of a person flailing around grasping at straws in a desperate attempt to discredit what someone else wrote, but only ending up making himself look like a fool. There are so many mistakes in your post and such a complete lack of knowledge about this subject matter :rolleyes: it's laughable.

As amusing as it is that you seem to think that what you are doing is actually what other people are doing, it gets tiring telling people who don't know any better what an idiot you are. Go Away Cali.

Actually, no.

You urged people not to respond to the troll. I had no idea who your troll was so I dangled a carrot in front of you to see if it was me you were referring to. But then you bit the carrot I dangled in front of you and responded to me, so I guess not.

My bad, i actually forgot your problem

cant+cure+stupid.jpeg

I made a calculation based on present values of fuel, my present car, a cheapest hybrid, and the interest rate which indicated that shifting to a hybrid will not give me any financial benefit for the distance I travel. When it does not give me even a financial benefit, why would I give up the simple pleasure of driving a pure petrol car even though it is a modest one for a hybrid :)

I won't!

Is this guy on a mission to make people HATE hybrids?

At first I also thought this guy is being paid by hybrid car sellers guys but now I too, am inclined to believe that he is actually being PAID by petrolheads to make everyone hate hybrids!

Good job Cali! :)

My bad, i actually forgot your problem

cant+cure+stupid.jpeg

Grasping at straws I see :rolleyes: . Your embarrassment is understandable since you were stupid enough to fall for a very basic trick.

Geeez...that was far too easy :D . I even dangled the carrot after you urged everyone not to respond, and still like a donkey you went for the carrot .

34zei3q.jpg

Now I predict you will continue to act like a donkey and try to respond to me again.