• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Unable To Start When It Is Heated Up

syj

Question

HI

I have got a Nissan FB 14 car which has done 110000km up to now. No problem when it is started in the morning. It starts with the first ignition. I faced very much difficulties to start it when the engine is heated up ( after engine runs for 15-30mins). It works after several ignitions and keeping the ignition key on while accelation. How do I overcome this matter? Please help me in this regards.....

10 answers to this question

some time a go i too have same problem as you in my civic after driving the car for a time and stop it's very difficulties to start need several ignitions to start when we take it to a mechanic he said there were some sensor problem and starter motor need replacing when we take the car to a another mechanic we found out that starter motor brushes are worn out after replacing them problem have solved my advice is check that out first keep us updated on this situation good luck dude. :)

btw if these happen again let the car cool down for 20 minutes and then try to start.

HI

I have got a Nissan FB 14 car which has done 110000km up to now. No problem when it is started in the morning. It starts with the first ignition. I faced very much difficulties to start it when the engine is heated up ( after engine runs for 15-30mins). It works after several ignitions and keeping the ignition key on while accelation. How do I overcome this matter? Please help me in this regards.....

'syj',

According to your post you have serviced the starter motor.

Check your battery earth connection if it is earthed only to body use a thick 80 ampere copper wire from the battery and give a connection to the engine.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks Sylvi,

I could not mention about something related. My present battery is 45 Amp and in good condition too. Further, my vehicle engine capacity is 1300cc.

do your car heat up more than it's use to?.

'nexus',

First of all for your question answer is. I always had the meter reading at 45% or 48% the temperature meter.When the engine runs.

After mixing 2Toil I had my temperature meter reading at 38 to 43% there was a definite drop on the heat on the engine.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Nexus',

Amperage of the battery is the capacity of the battery, do not Worry even 35 Amp battery is enough for your car.

Moment the car starts the alternator will recharge battery within minimal time the consumed current to start the car.

That is the advantage we have over a DC Dynamo to Alternator.

Alternator Generates AC current and the six diodes convert the AC current to DC then IC Regulator regulates the charge according to the setting of the circuit.It is mostly on 12 volts system is 14.5 volts DC.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1