• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Driving License

Lasanga Perera

dude instead of kickdown, what about shifting to 2nd? is it bad for the gearbox?

Yes. My cousin messed up the transmission in his car by regularly doing that for a year.

I think you missed his point.

Nexus was saying that it's good to start with autos and give people the chance to drive around until they are confident enough to take on a manual.

yep this is what i said. :)

Oops, sorry my mistake!!

yaya i'm sure WE are the reason you're still at home replying to this thread :P

It was, there were reported posts to clean up and warnings to be issued. I had to run to make the shuttle. Not to mention getting nearly knocked down trying to cross the street before they left me. I HATE early morning exercise. Now I suggest everyone behaves before I get really pissed.

...and not a single person comes with our famous reply for a newcomer " search the forum b4 starting a new thread" LOL

Good point but this particular thing hasn't been discussed before. At least not to my knowledge.

People, esp the regular posters get cheesed off when people ask the same bloody question all the time. ie. power shutters, central locks, audio systems etc etc

• Like 2

:sport-smiley-027: i think im drowning in this thread...being checking it every 15 mins,,once at 3.16 am... yikes

You can subscribe, then the software will send you a mail when something new happens, you don't have to keep refreshing.

Out of curiosity, when did they start issuing 'auto' license anyway?

Some time ago. I know a girl who went for that option too. Buddy of mine's wife.

Auto works really smooth and if you want you can use the trip tronic gear system. I dont know if other auto cars have this system but if you can use it you can speed up fast where ever you want to.

Its actually " Tiptronic " :) and not all auto cars have this, so doubt using this is properly taught at the learners...

if you are an absolute beginner it can be tricky so need to be careful not to over rev the engine in the wrong gear, like when down shifting at high speeds.

Its actually " Tiptronic " :) and not all auto cars have this, so doubt using this is properly taught at the learners...

if you are an absolute beginner it can be tricky so need to be careful not to over rev the engine in the wrong gear, like when down shifting at high speeds.

Dude she's not here looking for private tuition :P and she's said it a couple of times.. she KNOWS how to drive....

Just some legal advice.

Edited by Watchman