• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Driving License

Lasanga Perera

You would probably would be fined or worst case scenario be taken to court and might get a ban on obtaining the license from the DMT, depending on the situation you might be given something between 6 months to 3 years. (Not entirely sure about the duration though)

I gotta ask, given the fact that the minimum time between the written test and the trial is only 3 months why would anyone risk it ? I mean jeeze its just 3 months :speechless-smiley-019:

Lol Ive drove for more than 2 months now and I drove to Kurunegala, Kandy really can pass that simple trial :) Also I am getting the auto license not the manual :P

What!!!! ?? is there a license for Auto ones ? :/

Hi,

I have a L permit and learners insurance. But the rule - license holder should sit on the front left seat. If I get caught driving alone with the L permit what will happen?

I'm not 100% sure of this but chances are, your insurance policy as well the driving permit is valid only if a licensed driver accompanies you.

You might be able to get away sweet talking a cop if you're pulled over for a routine check up.

But things wont be rosy if you hit another vehicle or worse, hit a person.

Even if the fault is not yours, you'd be in pretty deep kakki me thinks :)

• Like 1

I didn't wanted to drive an autogear car thinking that it does not gives you the "Driving Pleasure". But just 1-2 months after having a auto car I thought "why did I do it in the hard way earlier?."

• Like 1

Not reallu machan, my mom drives a manual and she actually hates Auto's

I think you missed his point.

Nexus was saying that it's good to start with autos and give people the chance to drive around until they are confident enough to take on a manual.

• Like 1

Lol Ive drove for more than 2 months now and I drove to Kurunegala, Kandy really can pass that simple trial :) Also I am getting the auto license not the manual :P

As it has already been mentioned, your big problem will be if there is a accident. Since you wont be able to claim insurance, you will have to foot the entire repair bill regardless of whose fault it is. Anyway when someone without a valid license has a accident it is automatically considered their fault. As you say its a brand new car and all, very foolish to risk it.

Edited by jehan80

I didn't wanted to drive an autogear car thinking that it does not gives you the "Driving Pleasure". But just 1-2 months after having a auto car I thought "why did I do it in the hard way earlier?."

you will not regret going through the old fashioned way and having the manual license dude. imho for a girl lets say its ok to have a auto only license, but for a guy a manual license is a must. Say in an emergency you wont know what vehicle you may have to drive, also generally speaking with an auto you wont be able to get the same driving pleasure as with a manual.

you will not regret going through the old fashioned way and having the manual license dude. imho for a girl lets say its ok to have a auto only license, but for a guy a manual license is a must. Say in an emergency you wont know what vehicle you may have to drive, also generally speaking with an auto you wont be able to get the same driving pleasure as with a manual.

Real men drive sticks :sport-smiley-004:

just kidding!

I think you missed his point.

Nexus was saying that it's good to start with autos and give people the chance to drive around until they are confident enough to take on a manual.

yep this is what i said. :)

i think it's a good thing to issue auto licenses ladies have problem learning manual gear cars at first.

Might as well learn the harder thing first. Its easier then trying to get rid of learned habits and relearning something when learning the harder thing.

Also, thats a pretty unfair generalization. Most of the lady drivers at my work place drive stick, and prefer stick. Complete opposite to the rest of life, but thats the way it is here.

• Like 2

No you cannot drive a manual also the manual gear system is the best but why worry so much manual is not good in this country and in this messed up traffic. Auto works really smooth and if you want you can use the trip tronic gear system. I dont know if other auto cars have this system but if you can use it you can speed up fast where ever you want to.