• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

V8 Supercar Races - Adelaide

Duncan

Hey everyone

Been quite a while since I last posted here.

A few weeks ago I attended the CLIPSAL-500 V8 Supercar race in Adelaide (street circuit). This was the season opener.

V8 Supercar racing has cult status in Oz and either you are a Ford fan or a Holden fan. But this is the last year it will be a two horse event. From next year Nissan is expected to crash the party with a two team entry. Their entry is expected to be the new Nissan Altima with a Infinity V8.

Holden, Ford and Nissan (as per regulations) will share the same chassis.

Here are a few random pics from the event.

PS - sadly for me damn Ford won this one!!

DTI_1273.jpg

DTI_1241.jpg

DTI_1217.jpg

DTI_1071.jpg

DTI_1028.jpg

DTI_0978.jpg

DTI_0928.jpg

DTI_0921.jpg

DTI_0913.jpg

DTI_0911.jpg

• Like 1

PS - sadly for me damn Ford won this one!!

Good stuff. Would love to see Nissan in there just to spice things up a bit. This Holden-Ford thing has been going on for too long.

So you are a Holden fan eh? :D

Yes would be nice to see what Nissan can bring to the party. But in Oz there is only two iconic (car) motor brands and that's Ford and Holden and no other manufacturer can take that title. Aussies love their V8's. Just like a true American loves their home grown full size pick ups.

On the other hand Nissan (Patrol) is an icon when it comes to 4x4s in Oz.

Yes would be nice to see what Nissan can bring to the party. But in Oz there is only two iconic (car) motor brands and that's Ford and Holden and no other manufacturer can take that title. Aussies love their V8's. Just like a true American loves their home grown full size pick ups.

On the other hand Nissan (Patrol) is an icon when it comes to 4x4s in Oz.

Godzilla isn't entirely unknown in Oz racing ;) Maybe they can make a dent.

I think the Australian GT Championship or somesuch also runs in support of the GP weekend. Great pix Duncan, such a fantastic racing series. Can't wait for Nissan (and possibly Chrysler) to join Ford and Holden. Glad Nissan is coming back to the ATCC/V8SC after they were unceremoniously dumped for the R32 GTR being TOO strong.

I'm not too familiar with the series either but I do catch the odd event on PEO Tv sometimes, and I must say they have some awesome camera angles, including undercarriage shots right at the U joint on the diff. Looks as much fun as DTM me thinks.

Yes the GT races run on the back of the V8 races.

Also had the "Aussie Cars" (similar to formula fords) and V8 Utes (Pick ups) as lead up races to the Supercars.

It's four days of great racing. Unlike some of the other formats, the V8 supercars do two races. Saturday and Sunday.