• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can I Import Damage Vehicals From Japan?

Praboda Fernando

Dear experts,

I would like to know from you guys,

1. Can I import minor damage Cars from Japan? (May be without Jaai certificate) (Please look at the vehical which i have attached as a sample)
  2. If yes, up-to which manufacture year vehicles I can import?

Thank you and kind regards,

Praboda

post-49355-0-47313500-1332057592_thumb.j

post-49355-0-94786000-1332057603_thumb.j

Edited by Praboda Fernando

Bro,

I would be able to buy above car around 9laks in SL rupees (FOB price) so we can do some good business from that. Isn't it?

So bring it in cheap, patch it up and sell it off to an unsuspecting punter at the full price? And you want our help to do that? It's so nice to know wonderful people like you exist and I'm grateful to you for posting your charming business idea for us all to know to avoid buying cars from anyone called Praboda Fernando.

• Like 8

Bro,

I would be able to buy above car around 9laks in SL rupees (FOB price) so we can do some good business from that. Isn't it?

A noble cause but there is a small hitch. You can bring it in as dismantled parts only.

Think you should continue to pose in wedding photographs with fat ugly chick instead of making money. :)

You cant import this car...JAAI certificate is a needed document to import a vehicle to SL....Also government do not allow any damaged cars to be imported to SL...u can get this repaired in Japan and then take this car to JAAI inspection center and get the certificate...after that you can import this to SL....

allowed period of Cars to be be imported max 2 years from the first Reg Date..

A noble cause but there is a small hitch. You can bring it in as dismantled parts only.

Think you should continue to pose in wedding photographs with fat ugly chick instead of making money. :)

Hmmm...I was wondering what the fat ugly chick was doing with that baboon... :)

If this was a viable business plan, I am sure our fellows would have already flogged this horse to death too.

Besides our BOP has gone to the dogs because of the tax cut and the subsequent increase in imports, especially vehicles this country barely needs or can afford to maintain. Last we need is for fcking morons in bad suits to start bringing in crash damaged cars to SL, wasting precious Forex.

• Like 1

You cant import this car...JAAI certificate is a needed document to import a vehicle to SL....Also government do not allow any damaged cars to be imported to SL...u can get this repaired in Japan and then take this car to JAAI inspection center and get the certificate...after that you can import this to SL....

allowed period of Cars to be be imported max 2 years from the first Reg Date..

Thank you very much for your usefully information..

Oh man that thing has been rear ended badly, the chassis is probably bent or cracked. Any decent mechanic would be able to figure that it has been in a collision.

Damage doesn't look that bad!! No chassis damage there. Nothing wrong in anyone fixing this and selling it on!! I have seen cars that have been in worse accidents being fixed & sold on. That I disagree on!!

So you wouldn't mind buying this car after Mr P. Fernando fixes it up and claims its an accident free car?

Damage doesn't look that bad!! No chassis damage there. Nothing wrong in anyone fixing this and selling it on!! I have seen cars that have been in worse accidents being fixed & sold on. That I disagree on!!

yes i was saw a car badly damaged which was fully restored.......and this does not look so bad....i mean our fellows do smash cars and then put it to the road after much worst accidents than this...

but your business venture to sell it at same price is not acceptable.

Whoa fellas! Easy. No point insulting his wife and all...

Dear experts,

I would like to know from you guys,

• Can I import minor damage Cars from Japan? (May be without Jaai certificate) (Please look at the vehical which i have attached as a sample)
  • If yes, up-to which manufacture year vehicles I can import?

Thank you and kind regards,

Praboda

'Praboda Fernando': Most of the members of this site hold themselves to a high standard of ethics, and obviously don't take kindly to business plans based on a concept that aims to defraud the motoring public of Sri Lanka (and potentially introduce unsafe vehicles onto the roads). It makes sense that they take that approach right? I mean, I don't want to be sold a substandard car which was involved in an accident; especially one which was imported illegally without proper certification or inspection. I'm sure you don't either.

Edited by Kavvz

Whoa fellas! Easy. No point insulting his wife and all...

Why not? :) Hopefully it will discourage morons like him displaying their utter stupidness, selfishness and greediness on an online forum. He might as well rob a bank or way lay some inncoent people and rob them off their money than do what he plans to do.

We have enough and more thieves in this country pulling off crazy stunts to make a quick buck. If insulting his wiofe and family results in saving one inncoent car buyer, then it's worth it.

Besides, when you are stupid enough to put a retarded picture of hismelf with his wife, you open yourself up for all kinds of things... :)

Jeez, that suit. Typical Axio/Allion driver... :)

• Like 1

I don't think the customs allow damaged cars into the country. and looking at that damage i'm pretty sure the boot floor is bent so you'll have to replace quite a few panels. if you are repairing this car in an "ethical" manner this will cost you about 300-400k. a lot more if you do it through the agents.

seeing the disdain of many members about repaired vehicles I would like to add something. I've spent the best part of last 2 years in garages and I've seen accident damaged vehicles being repaired with various levels of skill. some used brand new parts which were welded back on to the original welding points and repaired to the original state. mostly the owners took this route. there was another type who just wanted to fix things cheaply. that involved a lot of cataloy and hammering. and some of the newer vehicles didn't have airbags in the end cos they were expensive to replace. this also meant they used blow torches on stressed components of the vehicles thus weakening them. so they were cutting a lot of corners. so a vehicle like this with telltale signs of accident repair is worth avoiding. but I wouldn't mind buying a vehicle although its been in an accident if its been repaired to a good standard. look at most of the performance cars here in sl anyway. how many hasn't been rolled or shunted? I know people who buy these cars anyway with the understanding they were mended properly. I think without judging a car based on accidents its had we should actually look at how well it was mended.

• Like 1

The point was not about buying a car which has been rear-ended. The point is about fraud.

Before Praboda Fernando edited his original post, he claimed that if he can import this car for FOB Rs. 900k, he can repair and sell it for a good profit. That was more or less the exact wording.

If Praboda Fernando (or anyone else) sells a accident-repaired car disclosing the fact that it is a repaired car, then no one in this forum would have a problem. The whole point is he's trying to peddle a repaired car for a good profit. That's why him, his wife and his 'hathmuthu paramparawa' deserves to be insulted.

@Kavvz - you have seen the edited version of Praboda Fernando's post.

• Like 1

Why not? :) Hopefully it will discourage morons like him displaying their utter stupidness, selfishness and greediness on an online forum. He might as well rob a bank or way lay some inncoent people and rob them off their money than do what he plans to do. We have enough and more thieves in this country pulling off crazy stunts to make a quick buck. If insulting his wiofe and family results in saving one inncoent car buyer, then it's worth it. Besides, when you are stupid enough to put a retarded picture of hismelf with his wife, you open yourself up for all kinds of things... :) Jeez, that suit. Typical Axio/Allion driver... :)

I can't view what profile pic he has put on. However IMHO puting his wife or who ever for his profile pic is about his standards, talkking about fat ugly chick suits for your standards.

About the topic, as mentioned, if its possible to repairt this upto proper standards and obtain proper JAAI certificate (with records of repair I guess). Do it leagal and ethical way. Sell it with records then there is no harm at all. (there are worst cars in our road). However I doubt all that will be cost effective in the end. But if you want to cut short and make some easy money its big NO. I think government should have policy and different pricing for car imports depend on its history. If the process is clear easy and transparent the perticular example of car is not the worst accident I've seen :)

Edited by MkX

You know, guys, the day some relative of yours who buys a car imported like this thinking he's getting a great deal, and puts it on our super duper highway, and the thing comes apart under the stress at 100kmph and leaves bits and pieces all over the landscape, I'd like to see if you guys will still be saying "well, its ok to import cars like that for patch up and sell jobs".

I didn't want to post on this thread, its bloody distasteful, but really, some of you guys...

VVTi's being an abrasive unmentionable as always, but at least he has his priorities right here. Not excusing his behaviour or the things he says, but at least the thought behind it is right.

• Like 3

VVTi's being an abrasive unmentionable as always, but at least he has his priorities right here. Not excusing his behaviour or the things he says, but at least the thought behind it is right.

Awww Peri... I am blushing here... : :blush:

Funny way of justifying the actions of Mr VVTi....... This Praboda chap is no doubt an a*shole for thinking of doing something like this, but that does not mean his wife/GF or kids need to get insulted for his actions.