• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vios 2004 - Break Light Issue

sanji82

Question

Hi

I have a problem with my Vios 2004 model car. As you notice, for VIOS, each break light is separated into 2 pieces and I have noticed that only the outer area lights while the inner area never lights up. I got to know from some, that this issue is caused by a relay.

But, I have noticed this issue in several Vios cars and I'm not quite sure how to activate the inner section of the break light, though it might actually be something connected to the relay.

Please give me an insight why this happens, if anybody knows this and it would be helpful if someone could actually educate me on how to light up both the sections of the break or atleast let me know the secrets behind this.

Thank you.

SANJEEWA

10 answers to this question

In my Vios, the inner lights act as rear fog lights. However I have seen some have both lights hooked up as brake lights. I imagine those cars are without the fog light option, which leads me to believe that the connectors to both bulb holders must be of the same design. If so, all you will have to do is get an electrician to make a parallel harness to hook up the tail light output to both lights. Not sure if the inner light bulb holder is capable of dual filament operation though, so you may only get brake lights. There are only two relays I'm aware of for the light circuits, and thats for the headlamps.

Edited by terrabytetango

Hi

I have a problem with my Vios 2004 model car. As you notice, for VIOS, each break light is separated into 2 pieces and I have noticed that only the outer area lights while the inner area never lights up. I got to know from some, that this issue is caused by a relay.

But, I have noticed this issue in several Vios cars and I'm not quite sure how to activate the inner section of the break light, though it might actually be something connected to the relay.

Please give me an insight why this happens, if anybody knows this and it would be helpful if someone could actually educate me on how to light up both the sections of the break or atleast let me know the secrets behind this.

Thank you.

SANJEEWA

Well, there is a button next to the fog lamps button. Press that.

Well mine is a 2005 model, maybe the feature was enabled from that year onwards. Both front and rear fogs light up with the same button, I can post pics if needed. I just checked with another Vios in my office, a 2003 S spec, the owner said the inner lights don't light up either. There's a 2004 E spec as well but it has no fog lights and the inner lights never light up in that.

Edited by terrabytetango

Well mine is a 2005 model, maybe the feature was enabled from that year onwards. Both front and rear fogs light up with the same button, I can post pics if needed. I just checked with another Vios in my office, a 2003 S spec, the owner said the inner lights don't light up either. There's a 2004 E spec as well but it has no fog lights and the inner lights never light up in that.

Yes, the inner ones work as a fog lamp. Mine is a 2004 E class model. It has two switches, one for the front fog lamp & the other for the rear one.