• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Moderator Please Stop This Watchmen Abusing Me

Sylvi

Members,

Please note I have said this early repeating again because I am compelled to do so.

I was not aware this forum was existing. One of the forum members visited me and said that your automobile service is wanted by some members in this forum. So I joined the forum and posted my details about what I do. There was few comments that I am advertising.

There after one member accused me for estimating Rupees 150000.00 for a job, and he did that by himself with elbow grease with very little sum of money.

There after this watch men started calling me uncle. I am no relation of him when i replied for those posts. the moderator started issuing me warnings.

Later moderator advised to me to report the abusing posts to him which i did. I have totally ignored this watchmen and Jdnet.

This has still not ended this watchmen had joined with some other members in the forum and still abusing me with unwanted language.

I do not abuse any members or call them in unwanted language. At the start I used to call members Sir. which I did study in my college how to address unknown person.

There is a limit to every thing.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Moderators. I agree with sylvi.

Please note he has said this early repeating again because he is compelled to do so.

He was not aware this forum was existing. One of the forum members visited he and said that your automobile service is wanted by some members in this forum. So he joined the forum and posted his details about what he does. There was few comments that he is advertising.

There after one member accused him for estimating Rupees 150000.00 for a job, and he did that by himself with elbow grease with very little sum of money.

There after this watch men started calling him uncle. He is no relation of him when he replied for those posts. the moderator started issuing me warnings.

Later moderator advised to him to report the abusing posts to him which he did. He has totally ignored this watchmen and Jdnet. Yet posts useless crap in Jdnet's threads.

This has still not ended this watchmen had joined with some other members in the forum and still abusing me with unwanted language.

He do not abuse any members or call them in unwanted language. At the start He used to call members Sir. which He did study in his college how to address unknown person.

There is a limit to every thing.

quick question: really who the hek is this forum member that asked sylvi to come here? he keeps saying that yet no one wants to drop a name

• Like 2

Exactly Ripper and I don't think some people realise that. I mean he talks in the same way my own father and his buddies do and that is how that generation communicate. Now I think we were all brought up to respect our elders and indeed its an essential part of our culture as Sri Lankans. And people should also realise our own kids when they grow up might find our manners and the way we talk a bit odd, but I don't see why we should be ridiculed for that.

+1 , very well said.... unfortunately few of the guys on this forum are not mature enough to understand what you are trying to say.

ummm if sylvi goes around posting his email annd personal details on the forum, then it's fair game. He is in a sense inviting people to contact him. I don't see anything wrong in the message. It's not like he called sylvi an annoying old prick that thinks he knows more than every one here beause he has been scrubbing tires with a pol muddha for 50 years.

Now having read some of those pms of Silvi, I just edited what I was going to say....... this is simply hilarious...... soooo jobless at work to day.... whats that term now... LMFAO or LMAF ??? , not quite sure but I am definitely laughing my ass off here..... :)

Edited by CARBON B4
  • Like 2

wow another useless thread.. but with great entertainment value... wow man.. madz, peri.. can we get some advertisers in here.. i mean come on... this shit is the bomb... name calling, airing of dirty laundry, skeletons coming out of every closet imaginable...

its like freaking jersey shore... hmmm "Colombo shore"

Edited by charitha19

While I agree with Don on his initial point that there should be line between personal and pulic use of forum details.

This Sylvi phenomenon is not just age gap, it’s just that lack of class and dignity that makes him write those things to Watchmen. May be his age caused him forget how abusive he was and go in public to complaint against watchmen. I’m sure most our old fathers aren’t this low in act.

quick question: really who the hek is this forum member that asked sylvi to come here? he keeps saying that yet no one wants to drop a name

Thats what I want to know too. Whoever it was deserves a massive kick where it hurts! :lam:

Thread has been cleaned up, for those wondering why there are weird disjointed posts.

No fair :P

But yeah I agree its not exactly PG13 stuff sylvi's said. Too bad what sylvi called me, my mom and my dad cant be shared in a public forum without being moderated while my "Can you please not type useless crap on autolanka. Thanks! Have a Nice day!" is what 'abused' him..

Edited by Watchman

Generation gap. Happens every where in almost every forum. younger generation is usually apolitical, less tolerant of BS, blunt mannerism, decisive.....older generation is just the other way around. Best example is how many of our grand fathers, fathers have the kohen kapuwath kola or nil type while the young ones care the jack about party colors or politics just as long as the job is done

• Like 1

seems like a lot has happened here before Peri came in and cleaned the yard :P

IMHO...Sylvi writes a lot of rubbish too. To get to a simple point, he takes the long boring winding road and at times still end up missing the goal.

But, compared to many posers you find here... Sylvi actually has some hands on knowledge with mechanics. Considering his generation, it's good too see an elderly gent still interested in motoring stuff.

But i do agree...He can be a pompous chap talking about queens English, good schools and what not. He does not know how to behave in an online motoring community that's mostly populated by younger people.

• Like 5

seems like a lot has happened here before Peri came in and cleaned the yard :P

Sylvi actually has some hands on knowledge with mechanics. Considering his generation, it's good too see an elderly gent still interested in motoring stuff.

Yes.. he definitely got his hands on something.... :) and he is interested in a lot of other weird kinky stuff.....

Seems there were some other things mentioned which Peri has kindly cleaned up. And I agree with you as well, common decency has to go both ways. But as it is said in Buddhism, anger breeds anger. There is no point of trying to fight fire with fire. I think my advice to anybody on this forum is, if somebody posts something factually incorrect point it out, if you have a different opinion feel free to air it and everybody must understand by virtue of you publishing your opinion you are also inviting others to challenge it and that is how a forum works. We all have to learn to take criticism without restoring to bad language name calling and personal attacks and accept the diversity of opinions that exist :) But there is still such a thing as etiquette and if you don't like an individual or what he has to say, I think the best way to deal with it is just ignore that individual. Anyway, since Sylvi and Watchmen have both had their say, its time to move on..........

The Don',

A very good post by you.As it is said in Buddhism, anger breeds anger. I have forgive and forget the past.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 3

Seems there were some other things mentioned which Peri has kindly cleaned up. And I agree with you as well, common decency has to go both ways.

But as it is said in Buddhism, anger breeds anger. There is no point of trying to fight fire with fire. I think my advice to anybody on this forum is, if somebody posts something factually incorrect point it out, if you have a different opinion feel free to air it and everybody must understand by virtue of you publishing your opinion you are also inviting others to challenge it and that is how a forum works. We all have to learn to take criticism without restoring to bad language name calling and personal attacks and accept the diversity of opinions that exist :)

But there is still such a thing as etiquette and if you don't like an individual or what he has to say, I think the best way to deal with it is just ignore that individual.

Anyway, since Sylvi and Watchmen have both had their say, its time to move on..........

Agree with you, lets hope others who 'agree and forgive and forget' actually do it. But it's a shame you didnt get to read what sylvi wrote me before peri had to come in and do his work. Very insightful 1st class english (and content)!

• Like 1

Agree with you, lets hope others who 'agree and forgive and forget' actually do it. But it's a shame you didnt get to read what sylvi wrote me before peri had to come in and do his work. Very insightful 1st class english (and content)!

Dear Silvy, Dear Watchman, I think me and all other members would like see the end of this matter and hope by now both of you are happy. Please forget all what happened in the past and let's move on to other topics. If we never repeat our mistakes again , tomorrow will be happier than today. Isn't it? :)

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 2