• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Moderator Please Stop This Watchmen Abusing Me

Sylvi

Watchmen is sending emails to my email address abusing me.

There is a limit of every thing.

You as the moderator please stop this

----- Original Message -----

To: #####@sltnet.lk

Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:34 AM

Subject: hi

Hi Sylvi Unkel,

Can you please not type usesless crap on autolanka. Thanks! Have a Nice day!

Cheers

Watchman

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi Sylvi,

I'm not trying to defend watchmen or anyone.

But the source email address says #######. This could be watchmen or anyone posing as him to simply aggrevate the tension that you guys have been having for sometime.There's no possibility for the forum application can block these emails as well.

Here are your options:

1. In your email application, block this email address permenently. The email will simply not appear in your inbox.

2. if the you start getting bembarded with similar emails, get a good spam guard for your email application or from the service provider.

Hope this helps.

K9M

Hi Sylvi,

Welcome to the world of the world wide web. I think this is why people are very weary of publishing their personal contact information on public forums and some members have preferred to remain anonymous. There is also nothing Pericles can do to help you, as you have shared your contact details and the message has not originated from the forum.

And there can even be an argument that this email is light hearted and not abusive.

Sylvi, please don't respond to such correspondence and the matter will just die out as people lose interest.

But I hope the rest of the forum members will join me and in condemning this sort of behaviour whether it is from Watchmen or by anybody else.

We obviously don't agree on what every one else says and we like grown ups can have debates and arguments in good spirit. We might not still agree at the end of that but that is just life. We are all individuals :)

But we need to have these debates in the spirit of things, without trying to make personal statements or comments and definitely not taking these disagreements beyond the forum and hounding and harassing individuals. They have shared their contact details in good spirit and to help other forum members and that trust should not be broken. Else a forum like that cannot exist.

So to Watchman I invite you to apologise and hopefully we can draw a line under this affair and move forward like grown ups.

+1 Well said!

ummm if sylvi goes around posting his email annd personal details on the forum, then it's fair game. He is in a sense inviting people to contact him. I don't see anything wrong in the message. It's not like he called sylvi an annoying old prick that thinks he knows more than every one here beause he has been scrubbing tires with a pol muddha for 50 years.

Also why can't sylvi just pm peri or madz? this is clearly him attention whoring as usual and the only thing we can blame watchmen is for feeding him. Also, can we really prove this was by watchman? ayone could email sylvi and write his name at the end.

Edited by jdnet

Also why can't sylvi just pm peri or madz? this is clearly him attention whoring as usual and the only thing we can blame watchmen is for feeding him. Also, can we really prove this was by watchman? ayone could email sylvi and write his name at the end.

I think this whole "sylvi phenomena" is nothing more than a classic example of generation and culture gap! I actually feel sorry for the chap!

• Like 1

ummm if sylvi goes around posting his email annd personal details on the forum, then it's fair game. He is in a sense inviting people to contact him. I don't see anything wrong in the message. It's not like he called sylvi an annoying old prick that thinks he knows more than every one here beause he has been scrubbing tires with a pol muddha for 50 years.

Abuse? That must be the most polite abuse ever dished, I mean he did say "thank you" and "Have a nice day"!

All of you guys have a point and only Watchman can confirm whether if it was him or someone else and we shall give him the benefit of the doubt.

But let us still draw a line between energetic and emotional debate, people expressing their views and harassment. I will be honest, I don't always enjoy what Sylvi has to say nor do I agree with it. But we have to respect the fact that he has the same right to express his opinion as much as we have. As long as he sticks to the forum rules that is how it has to be. And lets face it, we have all shared our contact details at some point or the other to help another forum member out in good faith. We then don't expect for that same contact details to be used to harass us.

Whatever your point of view may be, I still don't think we can condone something like this happening to Sylvi or any other forum member for that matter.

Sylvi, use your spam blocker to block emails from that address. And never ever give out your sltnet email address again. Just use a disposable email address from yahoo, gmail or whatever.

While many of us (me included) use an alias in AL forums Sylvi has been quite open and shared his details which has to be appriciated,While we may not agree with all his posts there have been quite a few posts where he has been helpful to others in trying to sort out their problems .We have no right to send mails like that which shows intolerance and make Autolanka into a crappy forum like Elaikiri or Lankanewspapers where members abuse each other which will put a 'maallu kade' to shame!

@ Sylvi,I suggest you block that email address and if it continues change your email address and dont share it on the AL forum

can we really prove this was by watchman? ayone could email sylvi and write his name at the end.

On top of it all he just posted his email address out in the open again, Jeeeez :facepalm:

Watchmen is sending emails to my email address abusing me.

There is a limit of every thing.

You as the moderator please stop this

----- Original Message -----

To: #####@sltnet.lk

Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:34 AM

Subject: hi

Hi Sylvi Unkel,

Can you please not type usesless crap on autolanka. Thanks! Have a Nice day!

Cheers

Watchman

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi Sylvi,

I'm afraid that we cannot do anything regarding this as it's out of our control. I advice you not to post your personal contact details on public forums.

In general for all the members:

* You can simply ignore posts,chats and PM's of individuals by going to AutoLanka --> Your control panel --> Settings --> 'Ignore' Preferences

* You can simply report posts if you see any misleading information posted by an individual by clicking the 'Report' button underneath and we will take care of it.

All of you guys have a point and only Watchman can confirm whether if it was him or someone else and we shall give him the benefit of the doubt.

But let us still draw a line between energetic and emotional debate, people expressing their views and harassment. I will be honest, I don't always enjoy what Sylvi has to say nor do I agree with it. But we have to respect the fact that he has the same right to express his opinion as much as we have. As long as he sticks to the forum rules that is how it has to be. And lets face it, we have all shared our contact details at some point or the other to help another forum member out in good faith. We then don't expect for that same contact details to be used to harass us.

Whatever your point of view may be, I still don't think we can condone something like this happening to Sylvi or any other forum member for that matter.

+1 Well said Don!

• Like 2

Zspox.jpg

As far as trolling and wasting people's time goes, this thread takes the cake.

If the email is real and its watchman, then I condemn it.

If the email is real and its not watchman, then thats a real low tactic by whoever who doesn't have the nuts to express his own opinion and pretended to be someone else

In either case, email isn't moderated by forum moderators, so really, of all the utter crap posted on the forum, this thread is right among the biggest and steamiest piles of crap ever.

Members,

Please note I have said this early repeating again because I am compelled to do so.

I was not aware this forum was existing. One of the forum members visited me and said that your automobile service is wanted by some members in this forum. So I joined the forum and posted my details about what I do. There was few comments that I am advertising.

There after one member accused me for estimating Rupees 150000.00 for a job, and he did that by himself with elbow grease with very little sum of money.

There after this watch men started calling me uncle. I am no relation of him when i replied for those posts. the moderator started issuing me warnings.

Later moderator advised to me to report the abusing posts to him which i did. I have totally ignored this watchmen and Jdnet.

This has still not ended this watchmen had joined with some other members in the forum and still abusing me with unwanted language.

I do not abuse any members or call them in unwanted language. At the start I used to call members Sir. which I did study in my college how to address unknown person.

There is a limit to every thing.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Zspox.jpg

As far as trolling and wasting people's time goes, this thread takes the cake.

If the email is real and its watchman, then I condemn it.

If the email is real and its not watchman, then thats a real low tactic by whoever who doesn't have the nuts to express his own opinion and pretended to be someone else

In either case, email isn't moderated by forum moderators, so really, of all the utter crap posted on the forum, this thread is right among the biggest and steamiest piles of crap ever.

Moderator,

Thank you for your comment and it is your opinion also.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hello,

yesss yess... it was me. I actually tried PMing sylvi but it says sylvi cant receive PMs. And I dont want to clutter the forum by responding to sylvi and making the thread a crap one by making it sylvi-centric. Since I have a thread dedicated to me by sylvi now I would also like to point out something:

1- Yes there's this generation gap and mutual respect and all that.. But in this case its a case where a single person not willing to adapt to the community he is in. Endless times sylvi has been asked to stay on topic and to minimize the completely irrelevant crap (ahem.. material) with the pure intention of keeping the thread relevant. Fine his generation likes to talk about lots of random stuff then maybe he can do it when he's with his buddies over a drink. I'm sure he's not the only person of his generation on the forum. And the generation gap issue can be taken both ways. A large majority of us here are in their mid20s to late 30s. Think of all the teenagers and pre-teens who come in with their gangster talk and pimp it up yo ideas. But after a few posts they realize the ways of the community and conform with the community. They dont go on with that with100s of posts. Am I right? And this is not a case of not offering a seat to an old grandpa in a bus. This is case of a arrogant j***a$$ (in my opinion) who thinks he, his wealth, his English and his knowledge is better than everyone else. Say he wants seniority based on age; when we give him that and call him uncle he goes bonkers too..

2- I dont have to tell the people who have been here long enough how factually incorrect and unsafe some of his advice has been. Unfortunately to a newbie, they can only judge the advice of members based on the number of posts. And thanks to "yess XXX, you are correct", "As YYY has said ZZZ will help you", "you have stated that A-B-C" sylvi has clocked quite number of posts. And then he advises someone "go buy a Chinese van because in 20 years the quality of Chinese goods will be good" or "remove your fanbelt and go through water because that will cool your engine" and sat someone DOES do it and f**ks up his vehicle.. Is he gonna bitch about sylvi no, it's going to be "autoolanka told me to do it"... Yes, everyone has the right to express opinions but not to mislead them.

@sylvi:

sorry for spamming your email. Also my apologies for making you feel abused by such saying the word 'crap'. Its strange how easily you feel abused yet do not realize how abusive you are. I recall you saying you're saving your old PMs from me take action against me. Btw do you have anything before the 17th of May? Cos I dont, or maybe I deleted it to make space. I'm in a mood to go all wiki-leaks on you and share the non-abusive PMs you sent me :)

• Like 1