• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw E 32 7 Series

Gayans87

Gosh, People are so against europian cars. Although my 206 does ~ 7-8 i can forgive that because a Jap car (In it's league) can never give me that smooth ride,handling and character. I used to have a Mini, i would say repairs most likely cost about the same. You just have to avoid agents in most cases and walk a little in Panchikawatta.

IMO the best 7 series is the one that came in the movie "Transporter"

Kind of you to respond and your fondness for the top choice among discerning froggy females is touching but the OP has probably bought a Maruti by now.

Gosh, People are so against europian cars. Although my 206 does ~ 7-8 i can forgive that because a Jap car (In it's league) can never give me that smooth ride,handling and character. I used to have a Mini, i would say repairs most likely cost about the same. You just have to avoid agents in most cases and walk a little in Panchikawatta.

IMO the best 7 series is the one that came in the movie "Transporter"

That would be the E38. My all time favorite!

People love European cars but can't afford them. Thats the problem. If I'm in Europe i don't wanna buy Lexus or Mazda. Merc and BMW isn't same as there and here. Same car deferent price tags, its huge than japan. That what i told earlier, not to condemn any car.

I mean Japanese cars are more economical than European. But still I like and love European cars, I talked about the general popularity.. As a example think about the Peugeot 307 full option 1.6L . Its same space as Honda airwave.. Do you think these two vehicles have same market value on SL. Remember I'm talking about SL market not France market. and Merc C180 vs Lexus Y15, You and me and some handful of guys love European cars, and rest of sri lankans also want to have a proud owner of a Merc or BMW but Does it practical. I'm not talking about First down payment any how we can get a merc with a finance, So my point does it same as maintaining a Japanese car. Merc C180 vs Lexus Y15, isn't same in maintenance cost... People care about that, even a tiny Fiat panda is more costly than Toyota Passo in SL for maintenance.. Sometimes I see thing like this, Longtime ago I went to buy a specified part to my mark II and its interchangeable with Lexus IS300 so I asked the salesman with Lexus brand and he replied with a price and later that evening when I went to purchase that. I asked it from Toyota name, So funny thing is he told me total deferent price for that same part and it was lot cheaper. That kind of market that SL has. So brand names and Gas guzzling is major part of market value..

Edited by Malaka2

I didn't try it in ebay or singapore. I loured it from German Factory so It cost more than 10,000

You lure spare parts??? you take kinkiness to another level :speechless-smiley-003:

Anyway, if you buy stuff off the agents (which is what i assume you so fancily call the "German factory"), it is definitely more expensive that any other source, But still your statement of a general "nut" costing over 10K is either;

1. A gross exaggeration on your part to either cheat your self or your comrades in to believing that your 2002 A4 is actually a Bugatti Veyron

2. The agents exploiting your gullible character

3. You hired Halle berry to hand carry it from Germany

• Like 3

Agent take weeks to deliver parts if it isn't in stock, So I personally purchased that part from my friend in UK and he got it to his residence and courier back to SL. Because that time I didn't have Premio so A4 on road really important to me..

PS: Among the parts I ordered that time there was the NUT called Crankshaft NUT, it wasn't much expensive but with courier chargers and Custom fees it cost that much Mr. rangerover

Edited by Malaka2

You mean crankshaft bolt??!

That costs less than $25. So 80% of the cost is because you decided to go for the premium logistics option given the situation you claim to have been in. You could have got it down for about $50 if used normal Royal Mail international registered post within 14 days.

14 days mean 2 weeks, Are willing to roam garage for two weeks for simple T-belt replacement?

Well for a nutshell dweller like you it might have been the option. But for a normal individual there are so many other options available to get down parts in a matter of days. Ignorance is not always bliss

• Like 1

"Would like to go for a e46 convertible. Wonder if any of the ones in the country are up for sale!"

If you have a ambition like this. Don't sit and wait try to full fill it. You can find e46 in europe and hope they would happy to sell it to you.

You imbecile, the best you can do is go stalk my profile and check the last status update i made months back?

• Like 1

Its your freedom for buying.. and I just suggest... You may be right daddy dreams having a car but I didn't dream but i have what I want.

Don't insult others, thats not good. You already told me nutshell dweller and batty boy, Slanging others doesn't make a gentleman.

Edited by Malaka2

Some newbies.... brings out the worst in people... :)

BTW Malaka2, you started off buying a 'crankcase nut' but ended up replacing a T Belt. Why?

All do respect Mr. VVTi, I didn't buy carnkcase nut its Crankshaft bolt/nut. If you mind I can mention you that everytime you unscrew Crankshaft Nut you can't use it again. Crankshaft nut/bolt only can be use once.. I'm sorry if I'm mistaken.