• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw E 32 7 Series

Gayans87

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if a 1994 BMW E32 7 Series (730Li) would be a good car for Srilankan usage..?? Saw one of these a few days ago and it looked awesome... I'm guessing it must be amazing to drive but at an expense....

Any idea on how high the maintenance is on a car like this..?? and how's the fuel consumption..??

PS : This is totally for satisfying my ego....I love huge cars and this is something that actually would be a treasure to own if a common person like me could afford it... :)

If anyone out there owns a beauty like this please give me your feedback... Thank you.. :) :)

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if a 1994 BMW E32 7 Series (730Li) would be a good car for Srilankan usage..?? Saw one of these a few days ago and it looked awesome... I'm guessing it must be amazing to drive but at an expense....

Any idea on how high the maintenance is on a car like this..?? and how's the fuel consumption..??

PS : This is totally for satisfying my ego....I love huge cars and this is something that actually would be a treasure to own if a common person like me could afford it... :)

If anyone out there owns a beauty like this please give me your feedback... Thank you.. :) :)

The Short answer is..... No.

• Like 1

Dude these cars are not meant for common people.

Expect to pay on fuel consumption/ maintenance cost, this is the main reason these cars depreciate sooo much.

Having said that if you don’t do much running this will be a nice car to own.

May I suggest the 5 series IMO it is a better drivers car and with less costs, however with less road presence too.

Hi Guys,

Is it The Silver one?

It was a white bro....

I think this would be used as a second car or may be a sunday car... just to go out for an occation ya....

Any idea as to how much one of these would cost these days..??? and the fuel consumption..?? i'm guessing is about 5-6 km/L if you are gentle..... :)

These two statements clearly shows that its not the car for you!

Dude these cars are not meant for common people.

Expect to pay on fuel consumption/ maintenance cost, this is the main reason these cars depreciate sooo much.

Having said that if you don’t do much running this will be a nice car to own.

May I suggest the 5 series IMO it is a better drivers car and with less costs, however with less road presence too.

Bullshit of the week!!

Edited by rangerover

Hey Rangerover,

I know I cannot afford a car like this, as I mentioned this is just for my information... :) I guess I can dream a bit ya.. :)

I know of a guy who owns a car that is just sitting in his garage, He is out of the country and well I was just trying to find out some info regarding the car....

If you could please share your knowledge it would be awesome...

Yes I guess it was a 18- or 19-.... VVTi do you have any idea about the maintainence of a car like this and the fuel consumptiom, cuz if (a big if) I am going for it, this will be something I need to consider....

Thanks for your info bro....

Yes I guess it was a 18- or 19-.... VVTi do you have any idea about the maintainence of a car like this and the fuel consumptiom, cuz if (a big if) I am going for it, this will be something I need to consider....

As others have said...really doubt this car will suit your needs.

What do you drive atm?

Dude the same question keeps poping out of all your posts, "maintainence of a car like this and the fuel consumptiom".

No offnece mate but if you are in the mindset of a typical SL car buyer who cares about things such as fuel economy,resale value, maintenance costs etc. like many of us have said this is not the car for you.

Hey Rangerover,

I know I cannot afford a car like this, as I mentioned this is just for my information... :) I guess I can dream a bit ya.. :)

I know of a guy who owns a car that is just sitting in his garage, He is out of the country and well I was just trying to find out some info regarding the car....

If you could please share your knowledge it would be awesome...

I didn't mentioned anything about affordability. But your intention of buying an E32, or for that matter any euro to "boost your ego" is recipe for disaster!

Ok, here is low down, to service my 1997 E39, 523i, it cost roughly 30K each time at the agents or even at Milroy's. That 730i has a V8 if I am not mistaken, so it will cost more. But it came as a I6 as well. You will have to check on that. Cost will depend on how you want to maintain, you can go el cheapo and ruin the car or you can do it the proper way and prolong the car's life.

Its a thirsty beast, 5-7kmpl would be your best bet. Parts are not cheap for 7s, even if they are old. Suspension repairs will be in excess of 150K. Body parts harder to come by, so during one of your weekend ego trips you knock a tuktuk and bust a headlight, well... I don't want to think about that.

But if you are planning on keeping it for weekend runs and to show off to people, I'd say that's a bad idea as they do not age well, when not used.

But by all means, buy one.

• Like 1

i had around 3 euros...never had any maintenance issue...and i get a mid range salary...only a guy who uses euros know they`r cheaper than japan crap...

• Like 1

thanks guys.... I love euro's and especially BM's. the bigger the better hence a 7 series....

I don't think I can afford this car as yet, knowing me I would want to take it to office everyday...something that is going to be very costly i guess. I'm not earning a big 6 figures as yet so may be I will go for one in the future...

as I said I like to dream and may be someday it just might come true... :)

thanks soo much guys for all your info :)

thanks guys.... I love euro's and especially BM's. the bigger the better hence a 7 series....

I don't think I can afford this car as yet, knowing me I would want to take it to office everyday...something that is going to be very costly i guess. I'm not earning a big 6 figures as yet so may be I will go for one in the future...

as I said I like to dream and may be someday it just might come true... :)

thanks soo much guys for all your info :)

Best bet is to start off with a 3 series. A E30, E36 or even the e46 would be the ideal bimmer if you are an avid fan of the brand. Just make sure you don't spend your entire budget on the car. Leave about 2-3k minimum for preventive repairs once you get the car. Its better to change all lubricants and certain parts in the cooling system to be safe. Day to day running there onward is not going to be an issue

Best bet is to start off with a 3 series. A E30, E36 or even the e46 would be the ideal bimmer if you are an avid fan of the brand. Just make sure you don't spend your entire budget on the car. Leave about 2-3k minimum for preventive repairs once you get the car. Its better to change all lubricants and certain parts in the cooling system to be safe. Day to day running there onward is not going to be an issue

This is the best advice I've read in this thread :) I think starting small is always a good idea which will prepare you to what lies ahead. I think the key to owning an unusual car is to have an expert understanding of it, so that you are not ripped off by conmen when trying to maintain it but also know what to do when something goes wrong.

The 7 series is expensive to maintain even in Europe, but I think that is not surprising at all. It is more sophisticated than the equivalent 5 or 3 series.

• Like 3

I learnt to drive in an E30....I guess its still the reason I drive like a maniac :) It was a 318i as well....

My Dad owned most of the old BM's so I grew up with them around. Had an E36 as well, E34 & E39 for a little while... Never a 7 series though.

so I guess BM's are like home to me... But for me to own one for myself, I think I might have to wait a bit longer...

Its something worth the wait :):)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Think these facts twice before you jump to buying option...

1. Can you afford the fuel consumption.

2. Its prestige gives you somethings in SL roads but as it is, it ripped your pocket out of you when repairs come. Trust me you can't buy a nut and bolt below Rs.10000/-. Even if you have money sometimes specified part not available on open market so you have to order it from Germany. It gets time.

3. At last when you had enough with it you can't sell it with a profit or without profit. Because SL car market based on fuel consumption and not on luxury.

If you ignore these facts and yet you want to have it. You're truly BMW enthusiast bro..

2. Its prestige gives you somethings in SL roads but as it is, it ripped your pocket out of you when repairs come. Trust me you can't buy a nut and bolt below Rs.10000/-. Even if you have money sometimes specified part not available on open market so you have to order it from Germany. It gets time.

Its hard to imagine we live among such morons

• Like 2

Gosh, People are so against europian cars. Although my 206 does ~ 7-8 i can forgive that because a Jap car (In it's league) can never give me that smooth ride,handling and character. I used to have a Mini, i would say repairs most likely cost about the same. You just have to avoid agents in most cases and walk a little in Panchikawatta.

IMO the best 7 series is the one that came in the movie "Transporter"

Edited by TheFlyingFox