• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Subaru R2 Vs Perodua Kelissa

htc94

Hi there people,

Lookin for a Hatchback/Kei car for my sister .

Reqmnts are : Automatic transmission + good interior + availability of spare-parts, budget max: 1.4 -1.5 million

we went through and checked plenty of Nissan march k11's Suzuki Alto's (Japan) , and Kelissa's and starlets (most of them 1997 model so it didnt meet the req, ) , and Vivas (over budget: all with Auto trans cost more than 1.7 mill)

however most of them when inspecting - have been poorly maintained, interiors were in reallly bad state and some had a list of many owners (worried abt the resale aspect here)

we inspected a Perodua Kelisa[2005] and a Subaru R2[2004] recently, and both of them were in really good condition - now the problem is out of these cars which would be the better buy ? Major concern is spare part availability as both these cars are well over 7 years old. agreed the R2 is rare but are spares avail for Kelisa as well? ( Mind you i DID use the search in this site, - nothing about spares etc) I feel that the R2 being Subaru has better build quality than the perodua.

anyways overall which would be the better buy out of these ?

I have seen more Kelisas than the subaru's and I've seen some places that do kellisa spares, so i dont think spare parts will be an issue for the kellisa.

Have no personal experience with the two cars, but like you said I also think the subaru's build quality and comfortability would be better than the kellisa's.

• Like 2

I am not much aware of Subaru R2.

But about Perodua Kelisa, it is imported by (Unimo ) Unit#d Mot#rs and they have spare parts. Also some other shops at Panchikawatte do spares for Kelisa.

Also Perodua Kelisa is based on Daihatsu Mira L500 & L700 and most of the parts are compatible with Daihatsu parts.

Thanks for the reply sampath and reckless ,,, yes some more background check revealed that the kelisa is in fact a better option probably gonna go for it - thanks again.

Avoid the R2 unless u are a sucker for punishment. And no, R2 does not have 'better' build quality. I've been in one and it looks very much like a cheap bubble gum car.

On top of it, it comes with a CVT gearbox which no one in Sri Lanka probably knows how to maintain or repair if necessary.

The Kelisa it is..

i dont have personal experience with the R2

did look it up few years ago in a Sale. not a bad car but. i dont think spares will be available easily.

The Kelisa on the other hand. such a nice piece of lil car not so spacious if your a fatso like me.but not half bad.