• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Korando User???

Audi A4

I Am NOT a Korando user.

But for god sake...

If you have service manual or user or workshop manual,please feel free to share it here without saing im happy to point out source.

Sometimes, it may helpful for some other user in another 5/6years later or so.

Just saying

Edited by chan5

Attn: Udayap,

Dear Sir,

May I post two questions on my Korando (2WD Auto model) please?

(1) It has done about 9,800 km and I have noticed that fuel consumption is still at 6 - 7 km/lt in city traffic -- though I was told that fuel consumption would improve as I gain more mileage !!!

(2) I too have noticed sudden jerks in the shifting of gears especially when I start from a temporary stop in traffic OR when I slow down, let's say to negotiate a pot hole or a bump. Doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally. Looks like the gearbox is hunting for a suitable gear and suddenly happen upon one!

Any advice is highly appreciated. Apart from that, I am happy with this little SUV :)

Thanks a lot

Mine is a AWD Auto does around 8 km/lt in city limits. But, better not to compare this figure as I am often drive around kandy. Surely, out of the city mine does 13 -14.

Regarding the mild jerk, i think this is normal condition under very low acceleration. Probably, a characteristic feature of the Idsi-auto box, which comes from The Australia.

I don't have any idea about ready-made seat covers. But, if you search the forum you would be able to find out some places that you can get it done.

Edited by udayap

Regarding the mild jerk, i think this is normal condition under very low acceleration. Probably, a characteristic feature of the Idsi-auto box, which comes from The Australia.

As far as I know, DSI transmission manufacturer went bankrupt in Australia 5 years back. Chinese people bought the company thereafter and manufacturing happens in China. Only design and development happens in Australia.

Mine is a AWD Auto does around 8 km/lt in city limits. But, better not to compare this figure as I am often drive around kandy. Surely, out of the city mine does 13 -14.

I don't have any idea about ready-made seat covers. But, if you search the forum you would be able to find out some places that you can get it done.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Appreciate it.

As far as I know, DSI transmission manufacturer went bankrupt in Australia 5 years back. Chinese people bought the company thereafter and manufacturing happens in China. Only design and development happens in Australia.

Still the manufacturing plant in australia is in operation though the company was takenover by Geely. Ssangyong gear box comes from australia.

Edited by udayap

Attn: Udayap,

Dear Sir,

May I post two questions on my Korando (2WD Auto model) please?

(1) It has done about 9,800 km and I have noticed that fuel consumption is still at 6 - 7 km/lt in city traffic -- though I was told that fuel consumption would improve as I gain more mileage !!!

(2) I too have noticed sudden jerks in the shifting of gears especially when I start from a temporary stop in traffic OR when I slow down, let's say to negotiate a pot hole or a bump. Doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally. Looks like the gearbox is hunting for a suitable gear and suddenly happen upon one!

Any advice is highly appreciated. Apart from that, I am happy with this little SUV :)

Thanks a lot

It looks that the korando engine ls quite stable than merc based kyron and actyo engines. Korando exdi 2l has been developed by AVL_Austria.

It looks that the korando engine ls quite stable than merc based kyron and actyo engines. Korando exdi 2l has been developed by AVL_Austria.

Thanks. Here are some inputs I gleaned from the web on the possible source of Korando engine (Pl see below). May be this engine is assembled in Korea with parts sourced from MB??? Any idea?

"Have more than a sneaking suspicion that this may be a Mercedes-Benz unit. Have a look at an MB A class or B class engine and then look at this one, also, the manufacturers book states that engine oil is required to meet Mercedes Benz oil specifications, even citing the MB number. The british press release kit also mentioned that the engine met Mercedes Benz durability tests. It all points to one thing really......"

"I had a feeling it was a Benz derived engine.it sounds like one.if you notice the gurgle sound when youre just cruising that's typical Benz. Even looks like bits of M Class on the outside. I'm getting 6.7 km now, I didnt expect below 7 due to its weight. Only issues are turbo lag and the tyres. This would be a screamer with 2 turbos....."

"Kyron M200 engine is a Mercedes design. I had both the Kyron and a Korando and comparing the two engines, it looks like a new head design on the old block, so perhaps an evolution of the original Kyron donk. I have heard that Motori in Italy had input, as well as AVL from Austria...."

Thanks. Here are some inputs I gleaned from the web on the possible source of Korando engine (Pl see below). May be this engine is assembled in Korea with parts sourced from MB??? Any idea?

"Have more than a sneaking suspicion that this may be a Mercedes-Benz unit. Have a look at an MB A class or B class engine and then look at this one, also, the manufacturers book states that engine oil is required to meet Mercedes Benz oil specifications, even citing the MB number. The british press release kit also mentioned that the engine met Mercedes Benz durability tests. It all points to one thing really......"

"I had a feeling it was a Benz derived engine.it sounds like one.if you notice the gurgle sound when youre just cruising that's typical Benz. Even looks like bits of M Class on the outside. I'm getting 6.7 km now, I didnt expect below 7 due to its weight. Only issues are turbo lag and the tyres. This would be a screamer with 2 turbos....."

"Kyron M200 engine is a Mercedes design. I had both the Kyron and a Korando and comparing the two engines, it looks like a new head design on the old block, so perhaps an evolution of the original Kyron donk. I have heard that Motori in Italy had input, as well as AVL from Austria...."

Refer following document, Page 12.

http://www.tuvpr.com/pdf/2013-general%20presentation.pdf

Ssang Yong Korando 2010 2011 2012 2013 - Service Manuals

You can visit following link for a very comprehensive set of Service Manuals for SSangyong Korando.

This site requires you to register only once, and after that, you can download service manuals free. They offer Service Manuals for other makes too. We should all be grateful to this site for this excellent service.

http://car-service-manuals.com/catalog/ssang-yong/korando-new-actyon

Interesting Article about the present status of DSI. Asutralia...

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/1668073/hard-to-compete-with-dsi-factories-in-china-on-cost/

Thanks. So AVL developed Korando 2Lt engine. What about parts? Any possibility they are sourced from MB, etc?

Like Japanese Manufacturers. SSangyong too sourced parts from different manufacturers, ex injector system: Delphi, Pumps: Warco, Turbo-Unit: Honeywell-korea, electronic parts: Bosch, etc. This is common to all vehicle manufacturers I suppose.....

Like Japanese Manufacturers. SSangyong too sourced parts from different manufacturers, ex injector system: Delphi, Pumps: Warco, Turbo-Unit: Honeywell-korea, electronic parts: Bosch, etc. This is common to all vehicle manufacturers I suppose.....

Understand. Just wondering why some people insist Korando has its main engine parts sourced from Mercedes Benz?

• 1 month later...

Korendo is a intresting handy vehicle I too love it from vehicle models. But since micro is servicing the car.am not too satisfied with their work.

I am interested about the vehicle please post details.intrested to get one to my wife

Odnarok -I saw your post.micro have their in house seat cover plant near dalugama. i spoke to jayamana @ micro service center he showed me some seat covers in Fabric but was not satisfied since it was light colour fabric

I walked into a building close by micro seen the board V*P Car Interiors Srilanka they work looking good.check with them.its every time better do it from a decent place.

There is a shop in darley road ,colombo 10 where there is some foreigner working .i did my job from them they did a good job.I preferred leather. mail me I will post my kyron photos they are known as custom car tailors.

They are in front of excel world

I will post their contact details if I find it.

Korendo is a intresting handy vehicle I too love it from vehicle models. But since micro is servicing the car.am not too satisfied with their work.

I am interested about the vehicle please post details.intrested to get one to my wife

Odnarok -I saw your post.micro have their in house seat cover plant near dalugama. i spoke to jayamana @ micro service center he showed me some seat covers in Fabric but was not satisfied since it was light colour fabric

I walked into a building close by micro seen the board V*P Car Interiors Srilanka they work looking good.check with them.its every time better do it from a decent place.

There is a shop in darley road ,colombo 10 where there is some foreigner working .i did my job from them they did a good job.I preferred leather. mail me I will post my kyron photos they are known as custom car tailors.

why dont you just post them without making people to ask you individually....

• Like 1

Im curious, do you have shares in this place? because you seem to be posting about them on EVERY thread.... As watchman says, just put up your interior pictures here.

Hey MRN,

To my feeling, this is the general perception of a people who believes that "Japanese vehicles (especially toyota) are the best and all others are just pieces of crap", Suprisingly, things have changed lot in Europe. During my last visit to europe in last year, i could see a clear dominance of Korean vehicles on roads. Now, most of Opel SUVs are also comming from Korea.

Lets hope this traditional thinking in sri lanka will change and vehicles from other countries also fetch a good second hand value in the near future and ultimately reduce the inflated value of pretty old japanese vehicles.

totally agree,korean vehicles have better looks almost comparable to the EU makers. reliability has improved. since a few years Engine and transmission technology is from Germany,mostly Bosch(and their korean sub Kefico). On the other hand,resale value of Toyotas has plummeted in Germany,after their fault hiding and recall episodes from 2009 and 2014. people mostly buy an Asian car as 2nd vehicle or for business use in Fleets,and they have switched from J-brands to Korean brands during the last 5years.

asking 2mllion for an 16 year old AE110 diesel just seems insane,and says a lot about what is wrong with SL used car market.

Edited by osaka_dude
  • Like 1

OSAKA DUDE...

Being a Toyota Engineer its sad that you dont know.

AE 110 is a petrol/Gasoline version of corolla.

CE 110 is the diesel powered.

There are no Diesel powered AE 110.

Its a commen nomenclature for toyotas from early 80s to late 90s.

CT210,CT211,CT190,CT192,CE100 for diesel carina/corona corollas.

While AT210,AT211,AT190,AE100 are for petrol counterparts.

You cant miss that basic Principle being a Toyota Engineer.

Edited by chan5
  • Like 4

OSAKA DUDE...

Being a Toyota Engineer its sad that you dont know.

AE 110 is a petrol/Gasoline version of corolla.

CE 110 is the diesel powered.

There are no Diesel powered AE 110.

Its a commen nomenclature for toyotas from early 80s to late 90s.

CT210,CT211,CT190,CT192,CE100 for diesel carina/corona corollas.

While AT210,AT211,AT190,AE100 are for petrol counterparts.

You cant miss that basic Principle being a Toyota Engineer.

AE,CE who cares,same old ..same old...never was a J-car fan.

Mr.Perfect,you missed one big point by posting without reading.

I AIN'T NO Toyota guy!

Edited by osaka_dude

AE,CE who cares,same old ..same old...never was a J-car fan.

Mr.Perfect,you missed one big point by posting without reading.

I AIN'T NO Toyota guy!

You name yourself osaka-dude and then state that you never were a J-car fan... you boast about having all kinds of special access to Toyotas secret engineering labs and then say you "ain't no Toyota guy"

Bit inconsistent aren't we, Osaka_Juice?

You name yourself osaka-dude and then state that you never were a J-car fan... you boast about having all kinds of special access to Toyotas secret engineering labs and then say you "ain't no Toyota guy"

Bit inconsistent aren't we, Osaka_Juice?

hey "moderator", stop imagining things.

Many wealthy Japanese are going for German,UK cars instead of Lexus,Subaru.you will be shocked by the share of EU cars you see in big japanese cities.

show me 1point in all my past comments where I said i have access to Toyota secret labs !

And I deny any responsibility for taking this post off-topic..

hey "moderator", stop imagining things.

Many wealthy Japanese are going for German,UK cars instead of Lexus,Subaru.you will be shocked by the share of EU cars you see in big japanese cities.

show me 1point in all my past comments where I said i have access to Toyota secret labs !

And I deny any responsibility for taking this post off-topic..

Wow you really ARE a clown aren't you?