• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Korando User???

Audi A4

Maybe Californikan has migrated ? Having a brain frozen day and this is way too entertaining.

...and just for the benefit of the spectators who keep bumping in to these random japanese words and statements about Japanese companies and culture....

loosely translated Keiretsu means a group of enterprises each having some stake in each other's business and established in order to protect each other as well as gain advantages of horizontal and vertical integration.

DENSIN = Part of Toyota Group, less than 50% of automobile related output is for Toyota

AISIN = minority share holder is Toyota; supplier for multiple Japanese brands

Keihin =major shareholder Honda; supplier for Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki,etc....as far as I know car components are only for Honda (I am not sure about this)

MELCO = Mitsubishi ELectric COrp major owner is Mitsubishi and their products go all over the place

BOSCH (Japan) = Supplies to multiple Japanese manufacturers (so go German in car choice ?)

and interestingly there are smaller companies that feed product/service in to these companies at some point in their value chains.

The above information should mostly be available through their corporate websites. Based on certain interpretations; staff of these companies and their families should drive only cars from perhaps their primary share holder's company (see post #70) ..in which case driving say a Euro would be unacceptable. Based on the same logic the 8.8% of imports purchased last year ? has been by individuals who have nothing to do with the auto industry or by individuals who do not care about their work. Supra ! that article had so much missing in it !!!

The underlying modern day understanding of the principal behind employees being encouraged to purchase their own brands is that "if it is not good enough for you, it should not be good enough for your customers". The staff get discounts because it is "their" company and the fruits of "their" labor and not necessarily as an enticement.

Dude,stop iRaping the thread with what you just found about ownership of Densin,Aisin,and whoo-gives-a-f*ck-sin!.

nobody gives a sh!t

oh dear Admin please start a special thread for iRapers!

Dude,stop iRaping the thread with what you just found about ownership of Densin,Aisin,and whoo-gives-a-f*ck-sin!.

nobody gives a sh!t

oh dear Admin please start a special thread for iRapers!

HA HA HA...I guess what people just find out negates everything you have said or the basis for your argument or examples ? Awww...I would feel upset too....

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

HA HA HA...I guess what people just find out negates everything you have said or the basis for your argument or examples ? Awww...I would feel upset too....

underlying principal...oh no! The underlying modern day understanding............blah blah...

you have an issue with attention-seeking because you are a big shot salesman in Japan or something.otherwise why would you post the same cr@p twice?

how does your great keiretsu shareholder "information" prove anything about J-mentality or how Recalls Increase car sales as you seem to think?

I suggest to use your time more productively and go search for tsunami-hit Prius and accident vehicles to export to SL at high profit with fake JAAI certificates.

there's a thread opened in your own good name, O_J. can you please go and sh!t all over it? leave the ssangyong boys alone? i'm sure none of them want your rabid blather on their newsfeed.

shoo shoo. go to your thread now. good boy. goood boy. go.

• Like 1

underlying principal...oh no! The underlying modern day understanding............blah blah...

you have an issue with attention-seeking because you are a big shot salesman in Japan or something.otherwise why would you post the same cr@p twice?

how does your great keiretsu shareholder "information" prove anything about J-mentality or how Recalls Increase car sales as you seem to think?

I suggest to use your time more productively and go search for tsunami-hit Prius and accident vehicles to export to SL at high profit with fake JAAI certificates.

listen Osaka_jackass, you are really digging yourself into a hole here.. shut the F**k up before you dig yourself any further. Please.

Btw everybody here is far more likely to take iRage's opinion seriously than yours just FYI, because iRage is a reliable source. Unlike yourself.

Btw everybody here is far more likely to take iRage's opinion seriously than yours just FYI, because iRage is a reliable source. Unlike yourself.

iRape is the guy raping AutoLanka's reputation by posting false information all over it.

for example do you really believe what he posted about "Densin" twice,no 3 times!

If it was once ,you can say it's a mistake.but 3-times? .reliable my as$

Edited by osaka_dude

Oops..my bad....I had overlooked removing that post after I moved it on to your own little world of whoring...

O_J..just go whore here !

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16042-random-stuff-that-gets-whored-out-from-the-far-far-east/

for example do you really believe what he posted about "Densin" twice,no 3 times!

Yes we should all overlook information (uhumm...corporate propaganda?) provided by these companies themselves (I did say they are avl on the websites) and go with what you say

t is an undeniable fact that puppies need to eliminate. The frustrating part is the communication barrier as well as the lack of understanding about where and when it is appropriate to eliminate. Puppies come to us with the simple motto: "If I have to, then I'll do it." This pertains to eating, sleeping (ever see a pup fall over asleep in mid-play?), activity, exploration AND elimination! Puppies do not understand anything more than that. It is up to us to establish a bridge of understanding if they are to live with us harmoniously. We are the ones with all the requirements, not them! They'd be just as happy to take care of their needs the way they already know.

The most successful potty training methods consist of four key elements:

1. Confinement

2. Training

3. Timing

4. Praise

- Copied article -

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Has anybody tried aftermarket brake pads for SSangyong Korando. If so where it is available and how much the price. As usual, the company price is quite exorbitant : Front 10212 +Vat, Rear 8439+Vat. The OEM part is made by Mando..

I found following Mando Plus brake pads are compatible for Korando:

Front: MPH38 made for Hyundai SantaFe 6

Rear: MPH 39 made for Hyundai Sonata (NF) R

Anybody knows a place where I can purchase genuine Mando plus brake pads (No luck with Ajan....a Motors, Panchi)

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2016 at 7:52 PM, udayap said:

Has anybody tried aftermarket brake pads for SSangyong Korando. If so where it is available and how much the price. As usual, the company price is quite exorbitant : Front 10212 +Vat, Rear 8439+Vat. The OEM part is made by Mando..

I found following Mando Plus brake pads are compatible for Korando:

Front: MPH38 made for Hyundai SantaFe 6

Rear: MPH 39 made for Hyundai Sonata (NF) R

Anybody knows a place where I can purchase genuine Mando plus brake pads (No luck with Ajan....a Motors, Panchi)

Hi all,

I was able to find both front (KBF) and rear (Hi-Q) brake pads. All korean made pads, quite good in quality. For rear, Kia Soul brake pads are of perfect match. 

For, front pads I had to use shims from old brake pads but for rear nothing needed. 

The total cost - Front brake pads - Rs. 2900, Rear -Rs. 2500. Brake fluid (DOT 4) - Rs. 1000. DIY job -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgmOeYh4mTg

Total cost : Rs. 7000.00

If got done by micro - estimated cost Min 30,000.00

Total saving 23,000.00 (Min) for a satisfied perfect brake job.

Take home message - Don't rely much on routine repairs and serving for Agents.

For routine service done at home

5 l of MOBIL Delvec MX - cost  Rs. 5000, oil filter from the agent  - Rs. 1500.00

Total cost  - Rs. 6500

If done with the agent the cost would be minimum 13000 -14000.00

Edited by udayap
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

After using a Korando for 7 years (of course, got rid of it) following comments can be made....

1. The vehicle gives an acceptable service for about 80000 km. Only minor repairs as broken door actuators, clock spring, degraded speakers (all 4). The interior held up really good without any rattles.

2. The drama starts after passing 90000 km. The auto-gear box failed (Australian Made DSI gear box). This is an inherent issue of Korando. It costs Rs. 800,000.00 to 900,000 to get is repaired by the agent :).

3. After fixing the gearbox, oh boy!!!! the Turbo unit and engine problems.....Cost Rs. 600,000.

This is the quality of Ssangyongs experienced by myself.....Being a very careful user of vehicles, I guess the probability to happen these kind of failures is almost 95%.....

Lesson Learnt: Never go for new brands pop up in the market from time to time (Same applies for DFSK too....Just remembered the intersting discussion going on the AL).... Better rely on brands people trusted for years.... 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, vitz said:

Australian Made DSI gear box

Drive Systems International went bankrupt and was acquired by Geely in 2008 or 2009. They made gearboxes for Ford earlier but after that ended their main buyers were Ssangyong and Mahendra.  Ssangyong is also owned by Mahendra now. 

9 hours ago, vitz said:

Lesson Learnt: Never go for new brands pop up in the market from time to time (

Well kinda true... makes sense if you view these non-mainstream brands as disposable commodities but that is certainly not the case in Sri Lanka. The Ssangyongs have depreciated more than hybrids and that says something! 

On 10/19/2019 at 8:17 AM, matroska said:

Drive Systems International went bankrupt and was acquired by Geely in 2008 or 2009. They made gearboxes for Ford earlier but after that ended their main buyers were Ssangyong and Mahendra.  Ssangyong is also owned by Mahendra now. 

Yes now Geely owns it. But, I think the production continued for some years in Australia. That's why the 2012 Korando came with an Aussie Made M6 automatic gearbox. Now ssangyong sources automatic gearboxes from Aisin Japan.

But what i also have heard is  Ssangyong Kyron is giving lot of issues after passing 50K.  and sensors start to fail quite frequently.  

Not sure, Kyron and Korendo uses common components,  but after the Rexton, other models seem brittle, even the new Tivoli. 

The new Rexton is yet to be tested though.