• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Korando User???

Audi A4

Mine is a non permit 4WD version according to them highest grade

I'm very happy with it and good comfort and surprisingly th they have improved on the service department also , that is a good sign,

Checked on the spares and confirmed from the stores that they have a reasonable amount of bumpers and other body panels have been brought to the country along with the basic service parts like filters etc ..

Talking about the vehicle very practical vehicle which you can really enjoy then drive with good leg space

Leather seats are very nicely finished and comfortable

I have done only one service and the cost was very reasonable it being the 1st labour free service compared to what Kia users say . Correct me if I'm wrong

Fuel consumption Colombo with heavy traffic it does 7-8 and normal traffic it dos 9 and outstation about 10-11 According to them these should improve as mine is below 10000 mark

I would say value for money and if you are not bothered about the Second hand market like me go for it

And even in the Net couldn't find any bad reviews so far

Hope this helps you guys

Hey MRN,

To my feeling, this is the general perception of a people who believes that "Japanese vehicles (especially toyota) are the best and all others are just pieces of crap", Suprisingly, things have changed lot in Europe. During my last visit to europe in last year, i could see a clear dominance of Korean vehicles on roads. Now, most of Opel SUVs are also comming from Korea.

Lets hope this traditional thinking in sri lanka will change and vehicles from other countries also fetch a good second hand value in the near future and ultimately reduce the inflated value of pretty old japanese vehicles.

Edited by udayap

• 2 weeks later...

That's good to hear

I don't think you will be disappointed . I took it and I'm not disappointed

All the best

would you like to share the information on the costs of parts for the first service.

Also would like to know the additional information about the first service of the brand new vehicle. Did the agent do routine servicing activities only or any other work/adjustments were done?

1st service ( 5000Km) costed me Rs 4800 if im not mistaken this is the TOTAL bill ( labour free ) and they did a Oil change with Filter m alignment etc..

i have the Bill at home tommorow i will give you a breakdown if possible.

1st service ( 5000Km) costed me Rs 4800 if im not mistaken this is the TOTAL bill ( labour free ) and they did a Oil change with Filter m alignment etc..

i have the Bill at home tommorow i will give you a breakdown if possible.

Rs 4800??? Damn that's cheap! My Kia Sorento first service cost me around Rs.19000 with Labour free!!!

• 1 month later...

Guys,

Korando has Active 4WD system, what is the difference of this compared to full time and part time 4WD.

Is there any advange of going for 4WD korando instead of 2WD?

Some members have commented the weaknesses (wear and tear, fuel consumption) of full time 4WD vehicles (those may be speculations). Are those problems are also associated with active 4WD vehicles also?

Probably MRM may shed some light,,,

In the Korando Active AWD uses the rear two wheels only when the front two wheels starts slipping and if you want all four wheels to be locked there is a Diff Lock . so in day to day use it runs like a Front wheel drive car.

This is Not a serious Off roader so AWD will come in handy if you fall into a Ditch or a Small drain etc.. this is what i feel. Unless you want to do some Sand Runs .

Thanks

In the Korando Active AWD uses the rear two wheels only when the front two wheels starts slipping and if you want all four wheels to be locked there is a Diff Lock . so in day to day use it runs like a Front wheel drive car.

This is Not a serious Off roader so AWD will come in handy if you fall into a Ditch or a Small drain etc.. this is what i feel. Unless you want to do some Sand Runs .

Thanks MRM for clearing my doubts. Probably, this is the reason for a very marginal difference of the fuel consumption of AWD and 2WD versions.

Hey MRN,

Thanks for sharing your experiences and make me happy about the choice i made. However, i had always second thoughts about my choice when I went through the comments given in one of the tread of AL about SSangyong vehicles in general. Someone had given a huge list of engine faults came along with SSangYong Kyron.

To my feeling, this is the general perception of a people who believes that "Japanese vehicles (especially toyota) are the best and all others are just pieces of crap", Suprisingly, things have changed lot in Europe. During my last visit to europe in last year, i could see a clear dominance of Korean vehicles on roads. Now, most of Opel SUVs are also comming from Korea.

Lets hope this traditional thinking in sri lanka will change and vehicles from other countries also fetch a good second hand value in the near future and ultimately reduce the inflated value of pretty old japanese vehicles.

Hey what are talking about, except Toyota other vehicles are crap what a foolish statement is that. BMW and Mercs technology is way more advanced than Toyota. Toyota can only dream about making a transmission and Engine quality of a BMW. Most Toyotas have a 4-5 speed Automatic gear box where as BMW produced 8 speed gear box and giving you most important torque in low RPM range and making your car more efficient. Dont say only toyota makes good cars , Toyota is No 1 in market share due to its price, Honda makes better cars than toyota but unfortunately Honda cars are little expensive. BMW, Mercs are in different league.

• 1 month later...

I've heard that the catalytic converter of korando (euro V) is prone for clogging, specially with short distance drives with low quality diesel. Did you face any problems upto now.

Edited by udayap

• 1 year later...

Quote from - Rover posted elswhere

"Does your Korando has a DPF? I'm 90% sure that my vehicle has it but when I asked from the sales guy at Ideal when taking the delivery he said it's only for euro models. Also did you recieve conditions of warranty from the agents? The guy promised to email me the conditions of warranty but even after several reminders still no any action.
Did you face any problems with the vehicle so far and any thing else that I should know about?"

I bought my korando (micro) in 2012, at that stage the vehicle came with a DPF. However, Micro has got some complaints about unsuitability of this system for our conditions they removed this system for free of charge. I got it changed after 1 year usage of the vehicle. It seems you have bought a Korando which is directly imported from Korea (not an assembled one by micro) and I have heard that in newer imports don't contain a DPF. However, if this bothers you following are the few checks you can do:

1. If the vehicle is equipped with a DPF, you get very cleaned muffler tip, just like a Petrol Car. If you notice some carbon deposits on the muffler tip, definitely the DPF has been removed

2. Once you open the bonnet cover. On your right hand side, just above the diesel filter you would be able to see "differential pressure sensor, Brand-Bosch, Made in Germany" if DPF is present. it is a rectangular (3x2 cm) part connects to the engine and thermo couplers coming from the DPF barrel. The absence of this means there is no DPF.

I received conditions of the warranty, if you need a copy pls let me know. But, guys at Micro are quite flexible and you can get done things pretty easily. I could remember the they replaced the silencer barrel which came with the vehicle (that made in Sri Lanka by micro) with an original one from Korea upon my request.

so far I have done 21000 km, once i experienced a small jerk in the shifting of gear, but service guys fixed it by updating the software of ECU. Other than that no issues. I used super diesel throughout.

hope, this information helpful.

Edited by udayap

"Does your Korando has a DPF? I'm 90% sure that my vehicle has it but when I asked from the sales guy at Ideal when taking the delivery he said it's only for euro models. Also did you recieve conditions of warranty from the agents? The guy promised to email me the conditions of warranty but even after several reminders still no any action.

Did you face any problems with the vehicle so far and any thing else that I should know about?"

I bought my korando (micro) in 2012, at that stage the vehicle came with a DPF. However, Micro has got some complaints about unsuitability of this system for our conditions they removed this system for free of charge. I got it changed after 1 year usage of the vehicle. It seems you have bought a Korando which is directly imported from Korea (not an assembled one by micro) and I have heard that in newer imports don't contain a DPF. However, if this bothers you following are the few checks you can do:

1. If the vehicle is equipped with a DPF, you get very cleaned muffler tip, just like a Petrol Car. If you notice some carbon deposits on the muffler tip, definitely the DPF has been removed

2. Once you open the bonnet cover. On your right hand side, just above the diesel filter you would be able to see "differential pressure sensor, Brand-Bosch, Made in Germany" if DPF is present. it is a rectangular (3x2 cm) part connects to the engine and thermo couplers coming from the DPF barrel. The absence of this means there is no DPF.

I received conditions of the warranty, if you need a copy pls let me know. But, guys at Micro are quite flexible and you can get done things pretty easily. I could remember the they replaced the silencer barrel which came with the vehicle (that made in Sri Lanka by micro) with an original one from Korea upon my request.

so far I have done 21000 km, once i experienced a small jerk in the shifting of gear, but service guys fixed it by updating the software of ECU. Other than that no issues. I used super diesel throughout.

Thanks for the keen response. Today I checked my vehicle like you told and apparently there is a dp transmitter at the same location you described. See the photo. I tried to trace the lines but they disappear somewhere behind the turbocharger. Also I noticed heavy white smoke for about 10 minutes on two occations while travelling more than 50km/h. Even the manual describes about the DPF and how the regeneration takes place. Then why the sales guy said that it is not there. He should know the vehicle inside out right? May be the manual is common for all models. Any way I will call him again today.

https://db.tt/Q5bEIToc

Rover

ÃÂ

Don't trust what sales guys say. It is certain that your vehicle has a DPF unit. I would Get it removed at Micro in the next Service.

ÃÂ

Actually, they are not removing entire DPF but make some openings in the DPF allowing free flow of exahust. Then of course the DPF act as a catalytic coverter.

Edited by udayap
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Attn: Udayap,

Dear Sir,

May I post two questions on my Korando (2WD Auto model) please?

(1) It has done about 9,800 km and I have noticed that fuel consumption is still at 6 - 7 km/lt in city traffic -- though I was told that fuel consumption would improve as I gain more mileage !!!

(2) I too have noticed sudden jerks in the shifting of gears especially when I start from a temporary stop in traffic OR when I slow down, let's say to negotiate a pot hole or a bump. Doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally. Looks like the gearbox is hunting for a suitable gear and suddenly happen upon one!

Any advice is highly appreciated. Apart from that, I am happy with this little SUV :)

Thanks a lot

Edited by Odnarok