• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 323 1991-1994

jan_ke20

Hi I'm having a BG3P 1996. Fuel economy is around 10-11 kmpl in City and 13-14 kmpl outstations. Solid Car.

Spares are available in Asiri Motors and new Rainbow motors in Punchikawaththa.

Try to find a good condition one, as most of the ones are either hacked by trying to modify or not treated well by the owner.

Thanks Thanushka...

Do u belive that BG3P does patrol better way than BG5P....????

It seems like your figures are very reasonable.....

Hi, I have no idea about the fuel consumption of BG5P. And also if I'm correct, BG5P engine is a multiple point Injection engine, BG3P is a single point injection. My mechanic says BG3P does well on fuel due to the single point injection, but I don't have any insight about it.

In terms of pulling power, I didn't felt that much under power with the 1.3 engine.

One more question...

BG3P has only 4 forward... Is that enough to speed....???

We'll you can easily hit 80-100 kmph with the 4th gear without much difficulty. But I didn't tried 100+ since still I didn't tried it on the highway. And also there is a 5 speed version of BG3P also available. They are the brand new imports. If you're lucky, may be you'll be able to find a one. But they are difficult to find, at least during the time I'm looking for a ride, abt 2 years back.

The BG3P is probably a little more fuel efficient if you are not using AC and you are travelling in the city. The problem is once the AC is on and you have to travel at a reasonable speed say above 80KMPH you do have to rev the engine hard and the lack of a 5th gear does become a problem.

So if given the option I will buy a BG5P which is the better overall car. But the 4speed gearbox on the BG3P is a revelation for quick acceloration :) Just runs out of juice really quickly.