• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Mazda Demio Thread

Lakshan Maduranga

My car was advertised on AL sometime back , So I used the same pics ;)

Nice! Love the sport front bumper, side skirts and spoiler. But you can't get away with just two photos. ;)

Guys, I only have this photo at the moment. And the car was very dirty at the time the photo was taken. I'll share a set of better photos ASAP.

Very nice (again the bodykit and spoiler)! We have green Demio twins on the forum. :)

Saw an aftermarket bodykit for the Demio on eBay and it had the exact front bumper air dam that you've got. I'll definitely be bringing down a kit when I come to SL. It had a similar air dam for the rear bumper as well. Has yours got that too?

• Like 1

Very nice (again the bodykit and spoiler)! We have green Demio twins on the forum. :)

Saw an aftermarket bodykit for the Demio on eBay and it had the exact front bumper air dam that you've got. I'll definitely be bringing down a kit when I come to SL. It had a similar air dam for the rear bumper as well. Has yours got that too?

Thanks Davy :)

Yes, it got air dam on the rear bumper as well. I'll get you a full set of photos (exterior/interior) soon. The previous owner has brought down the body kit from Singapore. I must give credit to him for everything he has done to the car. Really love it.

Guys,

please share fuel consumption measurements of your demio

Here are the figures for mine (in km/l). Btw, I'm not an economical driver.

Average (city) ~ 9

Average (outstation) ~ 15-16

Average (overall) = 10.65

Worst = 8.04

Best = 19.55

I got some photos here. Enjoy :)

Very nice! You've got rear fog lights as well! I saw them on eBay and was thinking whether or not to get them.

The double din conversion looks good. Did P3tco L@nka (or was it Adv@nce C@r Audio?) have the double din conversion kit as well? Or was it bought from eBay?

Thanks Davy.

I like the the rear fog lamps (LED reflectors). I think it improves the look of the car.

It was P3tco L@nka. Let me have a look at the records and tell you after office today.

Here's the info of the double din conversion.

Place: P3tco L@nka

When: September 2010

Total cost: Rs. 155,000/= (Kenwood setup = Rs. 95,000/=, Rest was to the conversion kit and the work)

Hope this helps.

Here's the info of the double din conversion.

Place: P3tco L@nka

When: September 2010

Total cost: Rs. 155,000/= (Kenwood setup = Rs. 95,000/=, Rest was to the conversion kit and the work)

Hope this helps.

Thanks machan! I will probably get the conversion kit from eBay.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Just wanted to share a random set of photos I caught in Melbourne within a span of about 2 weeks of grey Mazda 2 DEs. :)

Mazda2%20in%20Melbourne_zpsyzrdlnhr.jpg

Can anyone spot the significance of the car on the bottom left corner?

• 3 weeks later...

I think he is referring to the fact that it is a 3-door....

It was introduced/showcased in 2007 (or 2008) at some European MS (Paris ?) and was an export model only. So technically all 3-doors are Mazda2 and not Demio

EDIT: I think the 3-door was DH and not DE...

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

It's a DE5FS ;) The sports version with 1.5 engine. (alloys says it all) :)

Actually, all Mazda 2s of this model in Australia are DE5FS. I don't think the DE3FS was imported here. So as iRage said, I was referring to the fact that it's a 3 door. :)

It was introduced/showcased in 2007 (or 2008) at some European MS (Paris ?) and was an export model only. So technically all 3-doors are Mazda2 and not Demio

Yes, you're right. Thanks for that bit of info. I think even the 3 door model goes as DE, because I find all 3 door Mazda 2s in the DE category when I do a search in carsales.com.au. There's DE series 1 and 2 which separates the pre-facelift from the facelift.

• Like 1

No idea what the model code for a 3 door is...I thought I saw a UK spec one which had a DH or something on its plate (when looking for a second car in Tanzania).

..and apparently, according to the google gods, it was first showcased at the GENEVA MS not the Paris one in 2008...

Actually, all Mazda 2s of this model in Australia are DE5FS. I don't think the DE3FS was imported here. So as iRage said, I was referring to the fact that it's a 3 door. :) Yes, you're right. Thanks for that bit of info. I think even the 3 door model goes as DE, because I find all 3 door Mazda 2s in the DE category when I do a search in carsales.com.au. There's DE series 1 and 2 which separates the pre-facelift from the facelift.

Oh, too bad I missed that detail :speechless-smiley-004: I too think that even the 3-door model goes as DE because entire 3rd generation is categorized as DE.

• 11 months later...
Just now, ravindasenarath said:

Hi all,

I'm also looking out to buy a Demio ( 2007 - 2010 ) these days. Didn't found one with this projector lights. priced around 28 - 31 on advertisements. Car of this years has driven around 70000km. Anything special that I should look in guys? 

check the front engine mounts. the gel mount tends to go bad after 60000 km. and genuine mount cost me 19000

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ravindasenarath said:

Hi all,

I'm also looking out to buy a Demio ( 2007 - 2010 ) these days. Didn't found one with this projector lights. priced around 28 - 31 on advertisements. Car of this years has driven around 70000km. Anything special that I should look in guys? 

Reiterating what has been discussed already, but HID was an option that came in on some special edition Demios as iRage has described here. So finding one will be a bit difficult IMO. These ones have 15 inch factory alloys, multi-function steering, RPM meter, HID headlamps, fog lamps and a CVT gearbox. Some of the basic ones have an RPM meter.

If the steering rack is worn out, you should feel vibration through the steering when you go over a rough surface. On our Demio, there was a quite a bit of vibration on rough roads and the rack was repaired and it has been running for over a year without the issue recurring. Since you are a bit obsessed with this issue, it's better to avoid examples that display the least vibration.  

Being a car that is almost 10 years old, apart from a proper inspection, all you can rely on is proper maintenance/service records. There are guys like this who ruin their cars by using wrong ATF oils, so it's not the fault of the car but improper maintenance. Check the historical eco test reports to make sure the mileage has not been tampered with. Then again these are things you should check when purchasing any second hand car.

• Like 1

Thanks @Davy

I checked this one today morning. Basic model with no RPM meter. Maintained by Mazna. He has replaced fuel pump( With 2nd hand) and right motor mount ( gel mount ). Front suspensions felt like soft to me. Engine is running smoothly, vehicle is running good. Right headlight is filled with water. Something is off there. Front bumper is slightly off and he said he replaced( not repaired ) it after hitting a tree root. Still I could see filler ( that paste use before painting ) dust gathered around side blinkers. Didn't see any structure damages. He jumped into 28 straight away ( 28.75 in add) and is eager to sell me the vehicle tomorrow. So I do not feel comfortable with that car. :unsure:.

Edited by ravindasenarath
added details

17 minutes ago, ravindasenarath said:

Thanks @Davy

I checked this one today morning. Basic model with no RPM meter. Maintained by Mazna. He has replaced fuel pump( With 2nd hand) and right motor mount ( gel mount ). Front suspensions felt like soft to me. Engine is running smoothly, vehicle is running good. Right headlight is filled with water. Something is off there. Front bumper is slightly off and he said he replaced( not repaired ) it after hitting a tree root. Still I could see filler ( that paste use before painting ) dust gathered around side blinkers. Didn't see any structure damages. He jumped into 28 straight away ( 28.75 in add) and is eager to sell me the vehicle tomorrow. So I do not feel comfortable with that car. :unsure:.

You might want to see what caused the fuel pump to go bad. coz that rarely happen, in a vehicle with low milage.

gel mount I understand....seems to be a common issue

53 minutes ago, ravindasenarath said:

Thanks @Davy

Water inside the headlight and a replaced bumper is probably the result of a frontal, and a badly repaired one. He might be telling the truth about the bumper because this one has fog lamps and the basic version didn't come with them.

Guys I think you wouldn't mind me sharing details of cars I checked here. 

I checked this just now and first thing I noticed it when I start the car it went revving high ( More than 2 in rpm meter ). Once I put it to D rpm went down and after than on N and P rpm is down as we usually see. Owner said they used the car day before as well. Is this is symptom of any issue?