• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Mazda Demio Thread

Lakshan Maduranga

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Isuru92 said:

Does anyone know a place where I can buy following parts for my 2008 demio. (Radiator fan mounting and brackets). I found them on aliexpress but it would be lot easier If I can find them here in SL. 

Hac6fc12f78434c33a5381c442f86cf98o.jpg_q50.jpg

Car-radiator-upper-bracket-for-Mazda-2-2007-2012-Mazda-5-2007-2011-Mazda-6-GH.jpg_960x960.jpg

Car-radiator-upper-bracket-for-Mazda-2-2007-2012-Mazda-5-2007-2011-Mazda-6-GH.jpg_960x960 (1).jpg

I wanted the same items and got them from Amayama.

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, Mohamed Nadir said:

Hi All

Thought of buying a Demio 2007(1500cc)

Did a overall check in Carchecks and got an overall score of 87.3%

16177871400166233797275456051546.thumb.jpg.c3fe21eab5ad7cce387d1e3a32ef671b.jpg

Did you buy it ?

If you did, I hope you got a decent price for it that would enable you to take care of some of those (well..almost all) of those things.

When it comes to Car Check reports, some items are somewhat obvious statements overkill and are put on there just so you "know" (eg. surface rust, dried bushes, etc...)

There are some obvious mechanical work that you need to get rectified. However, was there any indication as to the replacement of the front crumple zone replacement is all about ? You should have gotten some more infor about it or get it checked out by a garage.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iRage said:

Did you buy it ?

If you did, I hope you got a decent price for it that would enable you to take care of some of those (well..almost all) of those things.

When it comes to Car Check reports, some items are somewhat obvious statements overkill and are put on there just so you "know" (eg. surface rust, dried bushes, etc...)

There are some obvious mechanical work that you need to get rectified. However, was there any indication as to the replacement of the front crumple zone replacement is all about ? You should have gotten some more infor about it or get it checked out by a garage.

Thanks for the reply, no I thought I'd pass on this as the quoted price was 31.5 and realised apart from these repairs the gear box oil(CVT)was very bad and will have to spend more money on that aswell,and the owner was not willing to negotiate 

10 hours ago, Mohamed Nadir said:

Thanks for the reply, no I thought I'd pass on this as the quoted price was 31.5 and realised apart from these repairs the gear box oil(CVT)was very bad and will have to spend more money on that aswell,and the owner was not willing to negotiate 

Good decision you have taken - sometimes the time and effort to get things sorted can be daunting. Besides if an ridiculous price is been asked, then makes no sense.  The CVT boxes is another chapter all together   

12 hours ago, Mohamed Nadir said:

Oh good ! I wanted to say that car was crap but didn't want to hurt your feelings over your new purchase. There are much better cars out there....obviously every car will have some work to do but there ahs to be others that have far less work on it to be done. The Demio is a nice car and probably the nicer and more interesting and est value for oney out of the hatched from the era. As a result I feel those who ahve good specimens do not want to part with them that easily (especially these days).

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a 2008 mazda demio recently. It has a key less start, key less entry for front 2 doors but no rpm meter. How can i specifically identify the model because its confusing that different demios i looked into had different factory customized options. btw can i install the RPM meter for this car ?  

3 hours ago, Yasith Dayananda said:

I bought a 2008 mazda demio recently. It has a key less start, key less entry for front 2 doors but no rpm meter. How can i specifically identify the model because its confusing that different demios i looked into had different factory customized options. btw can i install the RPM meter for this car ?  

Look at the ID plate...there should be some sort of model code (not chassis number..). Japanese vehicles typically have a model code or model number which indicates what the factory trim level is. Other than that..there are websites where you can enter the chassis number and it will tell you what the factory spec was.

13 hours ago, iRage said:

Look at the ID plate...there should be some sort of model code (not chassis number..). Japanese vehicles typically have a model code or model number which indicates what the factory trim level is. Other than that..there are websites where you can enter the chassis number and it will tell you what the factory spec was.

Thank You. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
17 hours ago, Dashcamo said:

Any good place to get the steering rack repaired/replaced?

Other than Mazna(repaired there now it's giving trouble again)

Hi Dashcamo,

so seems you have already busted some cash.... Better than repairing is  to replace with a recon part . Shall DM some contact numbers who have  parts, call them and check . I believe the cost difference is marginal - last time i checked and have heard the repaired ones give away sooner... but you will need someone to choose a good  rack so a mechanics help is recommended 

\

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Isuru Madhusankka said:

I have a 2008 mazda demio. Idle rpm is around 600rpm. When I turn the AC on while idling, car is little bit shaky and rpm does not go up. Is this normal?? 

Welcome to the forum!

Idle RPM sounds normal. It's meant to be 650 - 700.

But if the car vibrates when the AC kicks in, that is not normal. The IACV (Idle air control valve) should compensate for the additional load by seamlessly to maintain a proper idle RPM.

The most common reason for this is carbon build up in the throttle body and IACV. Poor fuel quality in SL and harsh driving conditions tend to cause excessive carbon build up in the intake, and periodic cleaning is required. 

So here are a few questions:

- How long ago did you get a fuel system clean-up (i.e. "tune up") done?

- Does the vibration happen in Neutral as well? Or does it happen mainly in gear?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AmilaKR said:

Hi guys,

does anyone know any place to buy a power shutter, power mirror master switch for Mazda Demio 2008?

Thank you.

Try giving Izumi Auto a call .  If not keep an eye on the quick site , I have seen switches from time to time.

I got down mine from yahoo auctions, cost me around 7000.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, fookie said:

Try giving Izumi Auto a call .  If not keep an eye on the quick site , I have seen switches from time to time.

I got down mine from yahoo auctions, cost me around 7000.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, I'll try giving them a call.
Sorry, but I didn't get what you meant by quick site.

Thank you again.