• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Mazda Demio Thread

Lakshan Maduranga

I'm still not used to this accelerator. when you start from halt, if you press accelerator slightly, it want move. if I press it little bit more, then there is a quick acceleration.

adrenaline pumping, but not smooth I would say.

btw, I am driving a suzuki kei manual car, which I love. very good handling with good thrill (even though it has a 3 cylinder 660cc engine)

That doesn't sound right to me, unless your car has a selespeed gearbox or something similar and afaik Japanese cars dont have those.

That doesn't sound right to me, unless your car has a selespeed gearbox or something similar and afaik Japanese cars dont have those.
I'm still not used to this accelerator. when you start from halt, if you press accelerator slightly, it want move. if I press it little bit more, then there is a quick acceleration.

btw, I am driving a suzuki kei manual car, which I love. very good handling with good thrill (even though it has a 3 cylinder 660cc engine)

Could this be caused by an engine miss ? check your idle RPM levels whether it goes down ...

Edited by fookie

Could this be caused by an engine miss ? check your idle RPM levels whether it goes down ...

nah, I think its just because I'm not used to this vehicle..I checked it with car checks prior to the purchase and everything was in excelent condition. planing to put it on highway tomorrow. lets see then.

I can't really comment on this because I haven't driven the car, but it does sound odd as Crosswind said. It could be because you are not used to driving the car yet as well. If it gets annoying to a point where you can't seem to properly regulate the throttle, you can get it diagnosed and check the TPS.

Of course :sport-smiley-004: . I already know fookie and his car :dance3:. Let's plan something.

For sure! Will keep you guys posted about when I'm coming to SL.

Hey!! Welcome to the Mazda owner’s club guys!! :action-smiley-033:

I’m so glad that both of you managed to get a hold of the cars you really wanted. And I hope that this story doesn’t end at the point where “Two great guys buying two great cars and then they lived happily ever after”. We need pictures!! And I hope you will continue to keep this thread rolling with updates. :action-smiley-035:

I second that!

I still have only the photos from the ad which has a large watermark of the name of the website across each photo. So I doubt I can share it. I will definitely share a couple of photos when my father sends it across. The ones he sent me so far are not that great. Stay tuned! :)

Was doing a bit of reading on Mazda24x7 and look what I found!

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123824858-AN7-s-Mazda-2-1-5-Turbo-Build-Log

nah, I think its just because I'm not used to this vehicle..I checked it with car checks prior to the purchase and everything was in excelent condition. planing to put it on highway tomorrow. lets see then.

What you need to do is...

Start the car

Shift the gear to D

Let go of the handbrake and the foot brake completely

The car MUST move forward slowly, even if you are in an incline (unless its a steep incline) but do this on a flat ground anyway

If the car doesn't move then you have a problem. It could be anything from a brake bind to a gearbox fault.

A simple way of fixing a brake bind (which doesn't work always) is to move the car back and forth a few feet (by shifting to D and R). If its a serious brake bind you may need a mechanic's assistance.

Edited by Crosswind

ya it moves natuarrly. so no issue there. i guess its just me. :D

What you need to do is...

Start the car

Shift the gear to D

Let go of the handbrake and the foot brake completely

The car MUST move forward slowly, even if you are in an incline (unless its a steep incline) but do this on a flat ground anyway

If the car doesn't move then you have a problem. It could be anything from a brake bind to a gearbox fault.

A simple way of fixing a brake bind (which doesn't work always) is to move the car back and forth a few feet (by shifting to D and R). If its a serious brake bind you may need a mechanic's assistance.

Edited by aruna1

• 3 weeks later...
I wish this thing came with a manual shiftier. Auto is boaring :sleeping-smiley-008:

Most Mazda2s I see in Australia are manuals. And all of them are 1.5L.

nice machan , did you buy this from a lawyer? in ragama?

Remember the car that was in Kotte? This is that car! Long story short: The owner gave it to a friend who was planning on giving the car on rent, circumstances changed for him and he decided to sell the car. Coincidentally, the guy was a lawyer too.

Most Mazda2s I see in Australia are manuals. And all of them are 1.5L.

Remember the car that was in Kotte? This is that car! Long story short: The owner gave it to a friend who was planning on giving the car on rent, circumstances changed for him and he decided to sell the car. Coincidentally, the guy was a lawyer too.

ya I was tracking that car :D

I thought lawyer brought it from the lady with open papers and sold it keeping a cut.

ya I was tracking that car :D

I thought lawyer brought it from the lady with open papers and sold it keeping a cut.

He probably got it at a lower price due to the friendship with the registered owner. But it was sold at the same price it was advertised at by the first owner, so I didn't mind. Honestly, I was very skeptical at first, but my dad ensured that it's a legitimate deal.

He probably got it at a lower price due to the friendship with the registered owner. But it was sold at the same price it was advertised at by the first owner, so I didn't mind. Honestly, I was very skeptical at first, but my dad ensured that it's a legitimate deal.

Davy nice car mate , One small question though I see your one has the projected headlamps . I want to know whether the car comes with auto levelling lamps , I see the indicator when I switch on the the car and it goes off with the rest of the light etc. airbag light. Is there any way to make sure this thing has the feature ?

Davy nice car mate , One small question though I see your one has the projected headlamps . I want to know whether the car comes with auto levelling lamps , I see the indicator when I switch on the the car and it goes off with the rest of the light etc. airbag light. Is there any way to make sure this thing has the feature ?

Thanks fookie! I know that it has automatic headlights where they come on when it's dark, but not really sure about auto levelling. I'll ask my father and get back to you on that. I guess you mean the indicator with the headlight symbol with two arrows pointing up and down from the beam?

If your headlights have auto levelling, you will see an additional set of wires running into the headlight housing apart from the high, low, turn indicator and park indicator lines. If yours has the indicator and it goes off with the other indicators, you probably have auto levelling headlamps and the system is working fine. Try switching on the headlamps while the car is stopped on a slope (facing uphill). You will see the beam adjusting itself for a brief moment of time. This is better done at night.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

@Davy: I saw this car on a classified. Glad that you got what you looked for. Hope your father is happy too.

@aruna1: Thanks for sharing the pics mate.

@fookie: I never noticed this auto leveling thing on my dash. I too will have a look tonight. And don't you think we should share some pics of our cars as well? :sport-smiley-004:

@Davy: I saw this car on a classified. Glad that you got what you looked for. Hope your father is happy too.

@aruna1: Thanks for sharing the pics mate.

@fookie: I never noticed this auto leveling thing on my dash. I too will have a look tonight. And don't you think we should share some pics of our cars as well? :sport-smiley-004:

The car was on the classifieds site twice, and was only active for less than a day on both occurrences. My father is really happy with the car and is taking good care of her.

And yes, you guys should share photos! :)

EDIT: By the way, just noticed that the AC controls are different in aruna1's car.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 2

The car was on the classifieds site twice, and was only active for less than a day on both occurrences. My father is really happy with the car and is taking good care of her.

And yes, you guys should share photos! :)

EDIT: By the way, just noticed that the AC controls are different in aruna1's car.

My car was advertised on AL sometime back , So I used the same pics ;)

2ue3805.jpg

or81t0.jpg