• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Mazda Demio Thread

Lakshan Maduranga

Hello guys, I went to see the car and there were few small issue. According to the owner he said the front left hand side door has been replaced before he bought the car. Also there was a sound went the car was bumpy..owner said that need to replace the steering rack bushes..driver hand side door lock panel set was not working properly. Battery should be replaced. Other than theses things nothing were highlighted. He has bought this car 1 year back and selling due to buy a sedan. He had all the service records. He has replaced all 4 shocks and tires. His last price is 27.75mn..im going to put the car to Colonial motors if im buying the car..What do you say guys?

1 hour ago, Mbw said:

Hello guys, I went to see the car and there were few small issue. According to the owner he said the front left hand side door has been replaced before he bought the car. Also there was a sound went the car was bumpy..owner said that need to replace the steering rack bushes..driver hand side door lock panel set was not working properly. Battery should be replaced. Other than theses things nothing were highlighted. He has bought this car 1 year back and selling due to buy a sedan. He had all the service records. He has replaced all 4 shocks and tires. His last price is 27.75mn..im going to put the car to Colonial motors if im buying the car..What do you say guys?

would advise against colonial motors. many a nightmare from there. i do beleive our supra had a hair raising issue with this 6 maintained there as well. luckily VVTi and i were around to go to the rescue. go to mazna motors. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Komisiripala said:

would advise against colonial motors. many a nightmare from there. i do beleive our supra had a hair raising issue with this 6 maintained there as well. luckily VVTi and i were around to go to the rescue. go to mazna motors. 

specially if it is a JDM i would also prefer Mazna. I doubt that Colonial even use the right fluid for CVT boxes.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MV-5 said:

specially if it is a JDM i would also prefer Mazna. I doubt that Colonial even use the right fluid for CVT boxes.  

I was really concerned about this with Colonial as the Demio my father drives has a CVT. Since most Demios of the era have regular automatic transmissions, I was hoping they new their stuff and would use the proper CVT oil. I made it a point to tell my father to remind them that the car has CVT.

I could make a really long list of all the blunders that C0l0nial has made with the Demio. After losing my patience, I just forgot about the whole "agent maintained" label and switched to Mazna. They have been really (I mean REALLY) good. Their services include a diagnostic scan where C0l0nial, who call themselves the "agent" doesn't do that. 

1 hour ago, Mbw said:

Thank you for the info, will mazna do inspections?

Yes they will. Give them a call.

9 hours ago, Mbw said:

The Demio DE does have an inherent issue with the steering rack developing issues (wearing out and making noises when going over rough roads mainly). I've had friends who own Demio DEs and even Mazna say this. If the noise is minimal, machining the rack and re-bushing will solve the issue, but if it's too far gone, the rack itself will have to be replaced. You can always negotiate with the seller and give him options to repair and sell, or drop the price.

• Like 2

Guys! I put that demio to car checks and it was in fine condition. There were few small things to be done as according to the car check report. I have agreed to buy the car and even i was going to advanced him. But the day i went to the car checks, one of my uncle said that his car is going to be sold and asked me to buy. It is a Vitz 1000cc and it has done only 50,000 km. He is the first owner and I have been knowing this car from the very first day he brought and how he has taken care of it. Car doesn't have a single accident yet even a slight touch. I know Vitz is a nothing car and underpowered. He agreed to sell the car less than 2.5 mn. Currently I'm constructing my house as well. Considering the all facts i decided to be a vitz owner. I will definitely go for a Mazda as my second car. Thank you all for helping me.

On 4/27/2018 at 6:38 AM, Mbw said:

Guys! I put that demio to car checks and it was in fine condition. There were few small things to be done as according to the car check report. I have agreed to buy the car and even i was going to advanced him. But the day i went to the car checks, one of my uncle said that his car is going to be sold and asked me to buy. It is a Vitz 1000cc and it has done only 50,000 km. He is the first owner and I have been knowing this car from the very first day he brought and how he has taken care of it. Car doesn't have a single accident yet even a slight touch. I know Vitz is a nothing car and underpowered. He agreed to sell the car less than 2.5 mn. Currently I'm constructing my house as well. Considering the all facts i decided to be a vitz owner. I will definitely go for a Mazda as my second car. Thank you all for helping me.

Too bad you had to choose a vitz over a demio. Mine was the opposite case. I was initially looking for a vitz, & in the process changed my mind and ended up with demio. Like they say car chooses the driver..? Anyway good luck & congratulations on the car!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Too bad you had to choose a vitz over a demio. Mine was the opposite case. I was initially looking for a vitz, & in the process changed my mind and ended up with demio. Like they say car chooses the driver..? Anyway good luck & congratulations on the car!!

In his case, uncle chose the driver. :D

@Mbw, Congrats on the car!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Congrats @Mbw

At the end of the day a known, well maintained car is a lot better than a car that is seemingly good and maintained. No one can hold that against you (I would support you with that even if you promised to buy my car and then changed your mind). On top of that you made the most practical and logical choice. 

The Vitz is not  bad car (90% of the problem with Toyotas in SL are the owners not the cars themselves)....it has always have had a nimble body....only let down has been the suspension and the light steering. If you can find the funds...do a few things like fixing/upgrading strut bars and even try to get a slightly larger footprint. The 1000cc engine is a bit under powered for spirited highway driving, etc...but lets face it..you are going to be sitting in traffic for 75% of your life.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, iRage said:

Congrats @Mbw

At the end of the day a known, well maintained car is a lot better than a car that is seemingly good and maintained. No one can hold that against you (I would support you with that even if you promised to buy my car and then changed your mind). On top of that you made the most practical and logical choice. 

The Vitz is not  bad car (90% of the problem with Toyotas in SL are the owners not the cars themselves)....it has always have had a nimble body....only let down has been the suspension and the light steering. If you can find the funds...do a few things like fixing/upgrading strut bars and even try to get a slightly larger footprint. The 1000cc engine is a bit under powered for spirited highway driving, etc...but lets face it..you are going to be sitting in traffic for 75% of your life.

speaking of which, there was a pair of strut bars advertised on FB. just search for it. can't remember whether aqua or vitz. @Octanehead remembers who it was

5 hours ago, Komisiripala said:

speaking of which, there was a pair of strut bars advertised on FB. just search for it. can't remember whether aqua or vitz. @Octanehead remembers who it was

The kit was for an Aqua...but I believe the rear ones fit the Vitz as well...not sure about the front....

On 5/1/2018 at 6:54 AM, iRage said:

Congrats @Mbw

Thank you iRage! What all you have mentioned here is true! Thanks again for your all advises and you were really helpful all the time. What will happen with this strut bar? 

Edited by Mbw

4 hours ago, Mbw said:

Thank you iRage! What all you have mentioned here is true! Thanks again for your all advises and you were really helpful all the time. What will happen with this strut bar

It will stiffen the car a bit so when you corner/turn it will be less rolley polley...so turning will feel a lot more direct and sharp.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

It will stiffen the car a bit so when you corner/turn it will be less rolley polley...so turning will feel a lot more direct and sharp.

Okay! Car will handle well..! Thank you!

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, San90 said:

Can some one tell me where to buy mazda demio 2008 door visors? And rear spoilers too.. 

You should be able to find both in Delkanda spare parts shops. I found quite a few of them in the area when I was looking for a door mirror.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, San90 said:

Can I find a body kit for mazda 2009 in delkanda area? 

Only taking a walk in the area and looking around in shops will tell. The Demio DE is a pretty popular car, so there could be a couple of shops that have the side skirts, spoiler and the bumper air dams. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ChanDK said:

Hi,
does Mazda 2 (demio) 2007-2010 model has CVT transmission. I am planning to buy used 2008 1.3 L clocks 50. what should I look for to verify this?..

Many thanks

This exact question has been discussed before. Threads merged. 

Read through this thread (page 5).