• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion 260-Glass Stuck

Push110

Question

Hi, I am using a Toyota Allion 260. It's onky 3K km done. Y'day I rolled down all glasses when I get in to remove the heat. then I rolled up all.

But the glass at Driver's side went all the way up dis-locating the groove. It went up more than 1-2 inches wrt to usual. Then I just make it down about 5 inches. Now its in dis located position.

I want to know how to remove the door panel?. I did remove the arm rest and there was one screw there. removed the triangle near the mirror. afraid to go ahead since there could be more to remove before pulling the panel out. Any clues please?

post-46644-0-13123900-1331089861_thumb.j

post-46644-0-26983600-1331089907_thumb.j

Its held by 3 screws. one inside the plastic square behind the door panel, if there's only one behind the armrest the other should be where the window control switches are. pull the switch board up gently from the front because its locked from the back.

everything else is held together by plastic clips so just carefully pull the panel out.

the winder motor is fastened by 4 size 10 bolts. remove them and you should be able to get the window back in the groove. but get someone else to hold the window up while you are removing the bolts. otherwise it'll just fall and break. if you don't feel confident by all means take it to a garage.

also don't hold the switches if the window isn't moving cos the motors fry too easily

• Like 2

Mate dont get me wrong but I see that your skill level doesnt permit a holiday DIY job on your car. Please take her to a winder place down and around Darley road. Thats a simple 15-20min job for them and will cost you nothing more than 200-300 bucks. Guaranteed your upholstery and wiring will be safe. DIY is otherwise.

MINIACE

• Like 4

Goto a garage. You'd have to remove the glass, one of the two plastic holders would be either broken or loose. Youd have to fix or replace. If broken don't try various glue. It did not help me. I used an old holder from the garage. Once the glass is put back in place you may find trouble with the auto option. Not using the car during the weekend fixed it for me. I think there is some memory effect.

Edited by meshlk
  • Like 1

As your car still only at 3000k: Is it still covered under warranty? If so I'd certainly not muck about, as the dealer is going to make a fuss if you do any DIY work on the car. Its best to just go back to the dealer where the warranty is held and let them know what happened. Mostly likely they'll fix it for free or at nominal cost. Much better that, than risk invalidating the warranty on the power door locks, mirrors, window motor etc.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 2

As your car still only at 3000k: Is it still covered under warranty? If so I'd certainly not muck about, as the dealer is going to make a fuss if you do any DIY work on the car. Its best to just go back to the dealer where the warranty is held and let them know what happened. Mostly likely they'll fix it for free or at nominal cost. Much better that, than risk invalidating the warranty on the power door locks, mirrors, window motor etc.

Nope. U know.. those are JDM and Toyota Lanka do not sell. I've imported from Ra*a D*K.

Mate dont get me wrong but I see that your skill level doesnt permit a holiday DIY job on your car. Please take her to a winder place down and around Darley road. Thats a simple 15-20min job for them and will cost you nothing more than 200-300 bucks. Guaranteed your upholstery and wiring will be safe. DIY is otherwise.

MINIACE

Hmm.. will go there. donno they r there today..

Goto a garage. You'd have to remove the glass, one of the two plastic holders would be either broken or loose. Youd have to fix or replace. If broken don't try various glue. It did not help me. I used an old holder from the garage. Once the glass is put back in place you may find trouble with the auto option. Not using the car during the weekend fixed it for me. I think there is some memory effect.

Thanks mate.

Its held by 3 screws. one inside the plastic square behind the door panel, if there's only one behind the armrest the other should be where the window control switches are. pull the switch board up gently from the front because its locked from the back.

everything else is held together by plastic clips so just carefully pull the panel out.

the winder motor is fastened by 4 size 10 bolts. remove them and you should be able to get the window back in the groove. but get someone else to hold the window up while you are removing the bolts. otherwise it'll just fall and break. if you don't feel confident by all means take it to a garage.

also don't hold the switches if the window isn't moving cos the motors fry too easily

thanks machan for the sound advice.

you made me crazy with that small bug. It took some time for me to realize that it is not an actual one inside my monitor. LOL

I wonder what`s up with Toyota`s build quality these days. Could be just a one-off incident but for a window to play up in a relatively new car?? :unsure: Accident repair somewhere down the line perhaps? Might be worthwhile to check for signs of repair if you take the door panel off.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Thanks all for your helps in various means. I have removed the door panel and found that one of the plastic pieces which connects the glass to the rolling mechanism has broken.(As meshlk mentioned.). I called a friend @ Toyota and he will arrange the repair. :( .

I have being using Toyota's from the begining and those were more robust donno what happened to them now. really dissapointed on this kind of issue at 3k mileage.

I wonder what`s up with Toyota`s build quality these days. Could be just a one-off incident but for a window to play up in a relatively new car?? :unsure: Accident repair somewhere down the line perhaps? Might be worthwhile to check for signs of repair if you take the door panel off.

No such signs found.

It is possible while the meters says 3K it might have run a little bit more. Also plastic components tested for the Japanese climate might not fare as well in ours.

Actually it was 0012 km when I get it from the harbour. But not an excuse even if it is 50K. Isn't?

This could be down to an issue with the rubber beading that secures the glass in place. In our climate it could have lost its quality and created extra friction causing the plastic cover to prematurely fail. I think after getting it fixed you should lubricate the rubber guide beadings with some silicon spray.

• Like 1

have seen some ppl have a habbit of leaning into the vehicle when the shutter is halfway down, with both hands resting on the glass. Entire upper body weight will be on the glass and on the plastic restrainers at the end. This could be a reason for this plastic peice to give up.

Also check whether is there a supporting plastic clip on the groove of the beading (B pillar side of the door) where it holds the weight of the glass. If the design has such clip, not having a one can cause the plastic restrainers at the bottom of the glass to give up early.

I don't know what's up with these allions. both of the front window winders in mine failed and I'm replacing the 2nd one tomorrow for 12500 recon, which me and the electrician assumed was caused by rain water leaking in or some idiot holding the button for too long. then there's the a/c compressor which coupla people said will need replacing around 35000 kms. So I'm glad mines going to a new home soon

I don't know what's up with these allions. both of the front window winders in mine failed and I'm replacing the 2nd one tomorrow for 12500 recon, which me and the electrician assumed was caused by rain water leaking in or some idiot holding the button for too long. then there's the a/c compressor which coupla people said will need replacing around 35000 kms. So I'm glad mines going to a new home soon

Oops, is it also a NZT-260?