• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Datsun: Coming Back?

ash

The Homer, the Cedric, the Fairlady...oh happy days....I can't wait to see the Datsun marque back....I've still got half-a-litre of rust convertor and a few cans of Bondo doing nothing at the back of the shed :D

Are there any Datsun Fairlady models in Sri Lanka?

• 8 months later...

You can find the official press release over here (it is by default tucked away until you click on show press release):

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/08/datsun-on-do-budget-sedan-russia-video-official/

From what I can decipher what is being said without being said is that it was engineered and designed by AVTOVAZ and then given the finishing touches by Nissan Japan ?

Since AVTOVAZ (owned by Renault-Nissan ?) does Lada I guess the on-Do will be based on a Lada ? read somewhere sometime back that Darcia is trying ot get rid of its cheap/budget brand image but then again they did use it for Datsun's cross-over.