• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kandy Night Races

pontiac_gto

damn thats too bad :(

True compare to last time nothing much happening. Last time I bought a ticket to watch races. But when I came in the night crowd is all over and there was no place to see the races. 99% didn't even had any tickets. Luckyly most people went around 9.30 -10pm. So had clear view towards the last events.

If the organizers made some proper arrangements specially in crowd control I guess people will stay till late night. At least for those who buy tickets and come will stay longer. If not streets will be empty before half of the events finished.

True compare to last time nothing much happening. Last time I bought a ticket to watch races. But when I came in the night crowd is all over and there was no place to see the races. 99% didn't even had any tickets. Luckyly most people went around 9.30 -10pm. So had clear view towards the last events.

If the organizers made some proper arrangements specially in crowd control I guess people will stay till late night. At least for those who buy tickets and come will stay longer. If not streets will be empty before half of the events finished.

True... The organizers in Col night race failed to arrange spectator areas...

Heard on the news today that the Malwathu & Asgiri Mahanayaka theros were not very fond of the event as it inconvenienced the residents.

The radio news even aired a voice cut of the complaint being made to the IGP when he visited the temples. May be that's why the organizers are going low-key on the event.

yes Ashan silva runnig in malayasia with the DC5 not running kandy night race.

a bit OT but all the best to Ashan!!!! He will be taking part

for the round 1 of Malaysian super series which will run as a support race for the Formula 1

Super Car Event Timings From Last Night at Kandy

Javidh Wahab 1:13.557

Manish Gunathilaka 1:13.996

Dinesh Deheragoda 1:14.050

Carmen Thenuwara 1:14.345

Ashan De Silva 1:14.682

Janaka Dias 1:14.706

Rizvi Farouk 1:15.424

Reyaz Farouk 1:17.350

Dileepa Fernando 1:21.497

Kapila Jayasundara 1:28.809

Taken off the Sri Lankan Motorsports page on facebook

Guys CSN fan page says "

Announcement - Please know that the Kandy Night Race is NOT a CSN event. Only the Colombo Night Race is a CSN event"

Does this mean they wont be showing it ? damn im sitting in front of the tv for hours now :(

Guys CSN fan page says "

Announcement - Please know that the Kandy Night Race is NOT a CSN event. Only the Colombo Night Race is a CSN event"

Does this mean they wont be showing it ? damn im sitting in front of the tv for hours now :(

Im guessing this is becoz the commotion caused by the mahanayake thero

• Like 1

Congrats to Javid Wahab for winning the SL-GT race!!

SL-GT

1. Javid Wahab

2. Manish Gunathiliake

3. Rizvi Farouk

Subaru 1 2 and 3 !!! (woohooo!!!! :D )

SLH 1600

1. Sajaad Zuhair

2. Lakmal

3. S A Harsha

• Like 1

Guys CSN fan page says "

According to the banner in post 01 -- this is hosted by CSN.

According to the banner in post 01 -- this is hosted by CSN.

It was hosted by them, But at the last minute they had pulled out after this

Mahanayaka of the Asgiriya chapter the most Venerable Udugama Sri Buddharakkitha Thero lashed out at the proposed Kandy night races stating that it was ‘nonsense causing much distress to the public’. The Mahanayaka Thero made these remarks when he met media representatives at the Asgiri Maha Viharaya.

“ I condemn the conducting of night races by harassing the public of Kandy, the whole of the Kandy town has been filled with sand bags, there is no space for movement of pedestrians and the roads of this small town are to be closed from this evening” The Maha Nayaka said.

The Thero went on to state that none of the officials seem to be aware of the night races, “ I spoke to the President and he told me that he wasn’t aware of the races, I contacted the District Secretary who also wasn’t aware of these races that are conducted on the whims and fancies of some politicians” he said.

T

he most Venerable Thero also said that the media seems to be failing in its duty to the people. “When any other small thing happens in Kandy the media is all agog, but when an issue of this magnitude arises all of them are silent. I want to know why your’ are silent on an issue that has caused a lot of harassing to the general public?” the Thero asked. (J.A.L Jayasinghe)

• Like 1

there were 2 Buddhist monks at the night race. they weren't cheering like us but trust me they looked happy..

and Thanks Virensti :)

Yup even last year there were plenty of buddhist monks..... Im sure the percentage of citizens in kandy who wanted this race to happen would have been higher than the ones who didnt want it.....

• Like 1