• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Difficulty In Starting Up

nano31

I had to face difficulty in starting up my CE110 (Diesel) at hill country early in the morning.

Details of my car as follows; it is CE110 (YOM1998), Auto, ODO 171000km, car can be starting up in the morning without any pre-heating up, no black smoke in normal driving conditions, slight noticeable engine oil reduction for 1000~1500km, slight fume from dipstick but not spurting engine oil even at higher rev. so I agree that engine is bit under compressed.

Story as follows,

I reached to Bandarawela at evening without any issues and tried to start up around 9am (~temp 20C); starter motor rev very well (Battery is good) but engine not coming in to life!

I checked to injector pump solenoid valve and it was working

I just pumped up manual pump located in diesel filter but had no luck.

I removed the drain plug underneath the diesel filter and drained it (not sure it had water).

Then removed the the bolt at injector pump and pushed the manual pump at diesel filter and diesel is spurting up.

I loosen the diesel line where it fix to the engine and rev the starter motor and I could see the diesel coming from the line.

After all those efforts I failed while the battery too drained up after several efforts of staring up!

I decided to get down a mechanic, and he asked what I did and then just did a jump start from another battery

Engine came to the life only after several efforts (second batt too drained up and needed 3rd batt).

He said this is due to worn engine and battery drained up due to several efforts of starting up.

So my questions are,

1. Is it due to worn engine? (I can still start up without any heating and the following day morning at the same place it stated up easily)

2.Is it due to diesel problem? (water in diesel/clogged diesel line/air in diesel line )- this is because I noticed diesel coming out from the diesel line which goes out from the filter while pressing up hand pump due to hardened rubber pipe so it may have sucked up air as well

3. I was pretty sure that my battery was in good condition and it failed only after 15~20 efforts of staring up

Edited by nano31

Check the heater plugs.

I later checked them and they were fine and the engine need no heating up at morning though I heated up as a habit in the morning

I later checked them and they were fine and the engine need no heating up at morning though I heated up as a habit in the morning

How did you check them?A visual inspection is not enough.The correct way is removing them and connecting a direct current from the battery to see if the plug tip glows instantly.Even one faulty is plug is enough to cause problems.The fact that your starting issue occurred after you moved to a colder climate points to a problem with the heating system.On diesel engines 99% of the time its the plugs' fault.