• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vibration When The Car Is Stopped In Traffic

wotson

Question

Hi Guys,

I have a Suzuki Swift ( Jap, 2003 Dec. Model, Auto) and recently I started noticing a vibration when the car is stopped in traffic, etc. I can feel it from the steering wheel and from some parts in the dashboard.

I asked about it from a mechanic when I went for another minor repair. He said it should be a problem with an engine mount and asked me to come another day to take a look. After a couple of days, I took my car to A*W (Rajagiriya) for the routine service. The adviser guy at A*W, told that it is better to do an engine tune up. Then I told him about this problem and he said the vibration will be gone after the tune-up. He asked me to take the car to A*W the following day, because it was too late that day to perform a tune up. I did not take the car to A*W, because I was not convinced doing and engine tune up will fix the vibration problem.

I kind of confused because of the two solutions suggested by these two places. So it is a problem with an engine mount or can be it get fixed after an engine tune up ? Looking for some insights from the experts. :)

Thanks in advance.

- Wotson

You got your car tuned at Advance? Really? Those buggers don't know how to wire up a budu ras motor for vesak even if the instructions were drawn on a wall with a crayon, let alone a ICE... and you asked them to tune your car? What are you? retarded?

Hi Guys

I have a corolla 141(YOM 2008 , Auto, petrol) and recently i noticed car vibrates when stopping the car in traffic. This happens only when i have to stop the car while travelling at a speed of at least 40 kmph.( And also this is not happening all the time. it occurred only few times. today while i was driving i had to stop the car like this more than 10 times and this happened only 3 or 4 times). I didn't notice this in heavy traffic when going not more than 10 - 20 kmph and stopping the car.

When i take the foot off the brake paddle vibration stops. As i remember i didn't notice any rpm fluctuation

Thanks

Edited by sanjay1111

Hi Guys

I have a corolla 141(YOM 2008 , Auto, petrol) and recently i noticed car vibrates when stopping the car in traffic. This happens only when i have to stop the car while travelling at a speed of at least 40 kmph.( And also this is not happening all the time. it occurred only few times. today while i was driving i had to stop the car like this more than 10 times and this happened only 3 or 4 times). I didn't notice this in heavy traffic when going not more than 10 - 20 kmph and stopping the car.

When i take the foot off the brake paddle vibration stops. As i remember i didn't notice any rpm fluctuation

Thanks

Does the vibration go away if you shift to neutral?

@ MV-5

last ATF change 13k kms ago I bought the car recently. Previous owner said he did IACV cleaning recently too. didnt see any records though

@ Don

vibration stopped within 1 or 2 seconds. So didnt have any time to check anything

Today i noticed that when vibration occurs the RPM dropped down to 500 and then came up to normal RPM.

Edited by sanjay1111

@ MV-5

last ATF change 13k kms ago I bought the car recently. Previous owner said he did IACV cleaning recently too. didnt see any records though

@ Don

vibration stopped within 1 or 2 seconds. So didnt have any time to check anything

Today i noticed that when vibration occurs the RPM dropped down to 500 and then came up to normal RPM.

If I'm not mistaken there is a sensor that instructs the engine to raise its rpm when the car comes to idle while the gearbox is not in neutral within the auto transmission to stop the engine from stalling. I'm sorry I do not remember what this is called. The other possible problem is with your idle control valve/solenoid itself.

In the SL context, the first thing to do with any sensor is to clean it with the correct cleaning solution.

You probably need to get your ATF fluid changed anyway and subject the car to a service and a so called tune up, which would change all the filters, spark plugs, oil etc, as well as clean the throttle body, injectors and the idle control valve.

That might be a good starting point.

If you want to have your autobox inspected, there is a chap called Nilawala in Baddegana. Search the forum for his details. He doesn't charge for inspection.

Hi guys,

Sorry for reactivating this thread.

I like to share a recent experience I had with my Nissan Cefiro A33 to get your expert comments.

Recently I took the car to the agents due to a fault in gear shifting and did a scan. Gear shifting issue was sorted and during that scan it was indicated that a fault with the ignition coils. What the agents told me is to replace the coils with a massive estimate.

Then I took the vehicle to a one technician who was introduced to me through Autolanka and after some scanning he confirmed that all coils are in good condition and so does the plugs. What I was told is that there is a oil leak from the crank oil sealer (in front) and that disturb the crank sensor and connector thus generating an error message. Hence he asked me to replace the crank oil seal and clean the crank sensor to redo a scan and get rid of the error message.

I also have notice the vibration that has been discussed in this thread in my car. It is significant if the gear is in D and haulted with breaks (like in a traffic). Once the gear shifted to N the Vibration reduces. Further this vibration is very much high when the AC is on. and 90% vanishes when the AC is off.

Recently I noticed that after a very significant vibration AC automatically off and only the fan was running. but after a while it started running again.

What I want to know from you guys is whether the error mussage I got at the scan I did at the agents is directly linked with this issue or is it that the error only comes from the crank oil seal leak and this is a seperate issue.

Thanks for your valuable time.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Sorry for reactivating this thread.

I like to share a recent experience I had with my Nissan Cefiro A33 to get your expert comments.

Recently I took the car to the agents due to a fault in gear shifting and did a scan. Gear shifting issue was sorted and during that scan it was indicated that a fault with the ignition coils. What the agents told me is to replace the coils with a massive estimate.

Then I took the vehicle to a one technician who was introduced to me through Autolanka and after some scanning he confirmed that all coils are in good condition and so does the plugs. What I was told is that there is a oil leak from the crank oil sealer (in front) and that disturb the crank sensor and connector thus generating an error message. Hence he asked me to replace the crank oil seal and clean the crank sensor to redo a scan and get rid of the error message.

I also have notice the vibration that has been discussed in this thread in my car. It is significant if the gear is in D and haulted with breaks (like in a traffic). Once the gear shifted to N the Vibration reduces. Further this vibration is very much high when the AC is on. and 90% vanishes when the AC is off.

Recently I noticed that after a very significant vibration AC automatically off and only the fan was running. but after a while it started running again.

What I want to know from you guys is whether the error mussage I got at the scan I did at the agents is directly linked with this issue or is it that the error only comes from the crank oil seal leak and this is a seperate issue.

Thanks for your valuable time.

did u replaced the oil seal ?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Reckless" data-cid="197626" data-time="1330851134"><p>

Guys my car also has developed this problem, RPM keeps droping below 600 and the car vibrates when in traffic. Funny thing is that this happens when the AC is off, when I switch on the AC the RPM goes high and the vibration reduses considerably. also when I shift from D to N when the car is stationary, the vibration goes down a lot. last year two engine mounts were replaced, so it cant be the mounts. Will changing all the spark plugs and doing a tuneup fix this issue?</p></blockquote>

I have experienced the same scenario due to a faulty throttle body. Engine tune up, especially cleaning throttle body could solve your problem.

Edited by briansmith

On 3/4/2012 at 12:06 PM, wotson said:

Hi Guys,

I have a Suzuki Swift ( Jap, 2003 Dec. Model, Auto) and recently I started noticing a vibration when the car is stopped in traffic, etc. I can feel it from the steering wheel and from some parts in the dashboard.

I asked about it from a mechanic when I went for another minor repair. He said it should be a problem with an engine mount and asked me to come another day to take a look. After a couple of days, I took my car to A*W (Rajagiriya) for the routine service. The adviser guy at A*W, told that it is better to do an engine tune up. Then I told him about this problem and he said the vibration will be gone after the tune-up. He asked me to take the car to A*W the following day, because it was too late that day to perform a tune up. I did not take the car to A*W, because I was not convinced doing and engine tune up will fix the vibration problem.

I kind of confused because of the two solutions suggested by these two places. So it is a problem with an engine mount or can be it get fixed after an engine tune up ? Looking for some insights from the experts. :)

Thanks in advance.

- Wotson

Toyota allion 2011 genuine mileage  60000Km.

There is quite vibration in cabin at idle or stopped in traffic but when releasing brake and starting to accelerate, car is completely normal and smoothly accelerate. I can feel it from seats, trunk opener and from some parts in the dashboard. Anyone can help Why is this vibration. 

(Engine was tuned up in toyota lanka and CVT oil also changed)