• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying An Alto

SLA

Alto 2006-2007 and 2008 model - Indian

As far as I have heard it does around 12km/l in city and over 16 on long distance travel...market price is between 11.75 - 13.75

I have few questions.

-What are the different editions (I have seen LXI, special edition, sports edition)... what are the differences?

-How abt the maintenance cost (spare parts/service)

-Are there any well known technical issues with this model

-Comfort (compared to Maruti) , suspention system

-Braking system (I hate the Maruti's braking system.... one of my friends has modifies with the "servo brake"....(I dont know the exact technical word:).... and now it seems ok). As far as I know Alto is also having that system factory fitted.

Highly appreciate your replies.

Alto 2006-2007 and 2008 model - Indian

As far as I have heard it does around 12km/l in city and over 16 on long distance travel...market price is between 11.75 - 13.75

I have few questions.

-What are the different editions (I have seen LXI, special edition, sports edition)... what are the differences?

-How abt the maintenance cost (spare parts/service)

-Are there any well known technical issues with this model

-Comfort (compared to Maruti) , suspention system

-Braking system (I hate the Maruti's braking system.... one of my friends has modifies with the "servo brake"....(I dont know the exact technical word:).... and now it seems ok). As far as I know Alto is also having that system factory fitted.

Highly appreciate your replies.

Brochure download:

http://www.marutialto.com/brochure.pdf

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

its a crappy car,very bad built quality,very plasticy feel!terrible ride quality.and i have no respect on these vehicles.

but as to your question,the alto's are more comfy than maruti 800,

though i may have no respect on altos and marutis,choosing one in SL would be quite a wise option for a very few reasons.il give you that.

1)cost-low maintenance and parts are found easily.

2)its almost brand new so the margin of error would be quite favorable to your side,buying a euro or jap contestant for that price would give the car a decent decade to the odometer or even more.

3)has good resale

4)does good on fuel

so its upto you to choose between cost vs comfort and a peace of mind

My sister uses an Alto (Indian 2009, bought brand new), up to now no problem had with it.

Obviously, its quality is lower than a Japanese one, but if the mileage is lower and if you need a basic car at a reasonable price, it may be worth.

We also have a brand new Maruti Suzuki Wagon R (bought brand new,2008) and already 50,000km completed without any problem. But careful proper maintain is required.

You may consider all points like its correct mileage, present condition and the price and you can decide it.

But one thing I must mention, if you buy an Indian Alto, please remove side mirror set and replace with a Japanese set or better quality set. Side mirror quality of Maruti 800 & Alto is worst.

Please search previous topics regarding Indian Alto in this forum and I think you will be able to find out more details.

I dont like the Kelisa's look... also dont think it is having a good reselling value.

Perodua Kelisa is based on fifth generation Daihatsu Mira (L500).

http://en.wikipedia..../Perodua_Kelisa

http://en.wikipedia....i/Daihatsu_Mira