• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I Wanna Buy A Puppy!

osanda19

hello brothers.im looking for a "PUG" puppy.if any one know a reasonable place for buy a puppy(for reasonable price)?im from negombo area.bt Colombo is also ok.early i had a "french bulldog" he dead bcoz of attacked by a viper on last January :-( :sad-smiley-050: :sad-smiley-050: . :sad-smiley-050:

hello brothers.im looking for a "PUG" puppy.if any one know a reasonable place for buy a puppy(for reasonable price)?im from negombo area.bt Colombo is also ok.early i had a "french bulldog" he dead bcoz of attacked by a viper on last January :-( :sad-smiley-050: :sad-smiley-050: . :sad-smiley-050:

'osanda19',

You can go through HIT ADD on 4th Sunday. Pug's are very difficult to get dogs.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Top breed choice. Great little dogs. Fondly remember our "Mopsy" from the 1970s. Super tempremants, friendly, happy animals with great character. Probably best to buy on blood-line/parentage rather than price. Bit fragile when little, so watch the jumping off chairs and "being stood on" when a pup!

Biggest danger is overfeeding...keep 'em slim and u will avoid the breathing isssues these flat-nosed dogs can encounter.

Enjoy .. and post some pics when u all get the new family member :D

• Like 1

I dont suppose taking one of those abundant bastard sons of bitches (pun intended) off the road or a pound is an option?

I mean if you wanna love a dog, does it matter if its nose is flat or pointy? plus they are like a the toyota hilux ofdogs; can be fed anything, can sleep anywhere and is probably immune to a 100 things that would kill some of those fancy dogs.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 7

Wow, a puppy topic on a Car forum.... 2 things i love the most. I love it.

Ok, one dark night I was driving home after work to pick up my dad from his brother's. On the way to malabe I saw a brown patch moving on the road, and in the last minute saw it was a puppy, managed to drive over the puppy, avoiding hitting her with the wheels. Stopped, looked to see puppy with unopened eyes on the middle of the road. Didn't know what to do, put her to the side of the road, whispered a prayer for her and went off to pick up my father. On the way back, she as back on the tar, still alive. Stopped, thought I will save her life for one night at least, put her in the car, both dad and me prepared for the earful awaiting us when my mother finds out we brought hope yet another stray.... That was in 2009.

This is 2012, and her she is... :)

15s6j43.jpg

I have had many dogs and this one is one of the best. Loyal, tender, built like a Toyota Corolla, viscious towards strangers, loves to get in the car and go for rides with her head sticking ouf the sun roof. Easily trained. Mean rat catcher, hates cats, loves babies, Most of the scrathes on my cars alongside the front fender is thanks to her, as whenever I open the hoods, she needs to know what's going on.

Can't work inside the car with the door open as she needs to be where the action is. Loves Ripper to bits so much that she pees when she sees him... :)

AS Watchman says, there are so many wonderful strays out there who really needs a loving home, they cost next to nothing to keep and they give loads back in terms iof affection and loyalty.

Good breeds are nice to have but by buying them off these moronic dog farm owners, all you are doing is encourageing the suffering of these animals as most of these greedy bstds cross the females young and start treating them like sows.

I wuold never buy a dog in Sri lanka s I have seen and unfortunately knows a few of them, Theya re not dog lovers. The dogs are just another commodity to be sold. If I could get away with it, I would want to lock them up in their own dog cages and leave them inside to rot and die.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 7

Very similar stories:

Rescued a cross ridgeback from owners who were duped into thinking it was real, and when they figured out it wasn't, threw it on the street. Loves me to bits. Hates my wife because she thinks my wife took me away from her! Slept on the hood of my EK every night. Scratched it and cost me a paint. Ran into the family photo bein taken at my home-coming, sat and posed regally, and got up and left after the shot was taken! All unprovoked!! Faithful, strong, mother of three. Love of my life.

Rescued another off the street. Jet black puppy with eyes closed running all over the place. Had

More fleas in its body than the world has disappointed indians today. Cleaned wormed and now a stone cold killer! This dog is cleverer than I am.

Daisy and Delta. Life would mean naught without them :)

Had a border-collie cross who was thrown to the street by a haamuduruwo. Lives with us for 16 years.

All these memories didn't cost us a single cent.

Imagine u buy a dog, what would your story be? ;)

Edited by Komisiripala
  • Like 1

well said VVTi we too have a similar looking but somewhat smaller built female dog who was abandoned the dog is ever so faithfull and recognises the sound of the car from a long way off too and very very friendly

On the other hand ppl who had good breeds will want to go for a similar one too

• Like 1

Im one of those folks who paid money for a German Shepherd...

it Came about this way, we heard some folks who were friends of friends with a pair of shepherds had a litter that they couldn't keep. Went up there with the idea of getting a Male pup (We wanted a German Shepherd) as we figured a female might be a bit difficult. By the time we got to the house the only male pup had been spoken for, We were about to turn and go off when one of the two female pups just came running upto us of her own accord, looked up and then snuggled up as close as she could get. Well that did it naturally and all 3 of us (mater, me and sister) fell in love immediately. We went home to think about it a bit (our house is pretty small and wasn't well adapted to a large dog) but we just knew we had to get that particular pup so a couple hours later went back and got her and she immediately became the baby of the family. That was back in november 2006.

Just over 5 years later and she still is the focus of the entire household. She has no cage, has the run of the house (beds, couches et al) and sleeps at the foot of the bed at night. She can identify our cars by the engine note when they turn into the street and waits by the door in anticipation.

Shes also large enough to put the fear of god into people and her barking can be heard on the next lane!

Sure being a purebred means we need to take more care of her than one would a stray but hey, that's Love!

At the end of the day it's all about how much you love your dog, Whether it's the stray you picked up from the street, or the identifiable breed that you pay for.

• Like 4

it Came about this way, we heard some folks who were friends of friends with a pair of shepherds had a litter that they couldn't keep. Went up there with the idea of getting a Male pup (We wanted a German Shepherd) as we figured a female might be a bit difficult. By the time we got to the house the only male pup had been spoken for, We were about to turn and go off when one of the two female pups just came running upto us of her own accord, looked up and then snuggled up as close as she could get. Well that did it naturally and all 3 of us (mater, me and sister) fell in love immediately. We went home to think about it a bit (our house is pretty small and wasn't well adapted to a large dog) but we just knew we had to get that particular pup so a couple hours later went back and got her and she immediately became the baby of the family. That was back in november 2006.

Just over 5 years later and she still is the focus of the entire household. She has no cage, has the run of the house (beds, couches et al) and sleeps at the foot of the bed at night. She can identify our cars by the engine note when they turn into the street and waits by the door in anticipation.

Shes also large enough to put the fear of god into people and her barking can be heard on the next lane!

Sure being a purebred means we need to take more care of her than one would a stray but hey, that's Love!

At the end of the day it's all about how much you love your dog, Whether it's the stray you picked up from the street, or the identifiable breed that you pay for.

Ok ok good story! :D I stand corrected. But your pup came from a house with love. I'm with vvti on kennelling the kennel breeders.

• Like 1

Friend of mine had a German Shep that was responsible for quite a few scratches on my door too. Bugger couldn't wait for me to open the car door after parking, kept trying to get in through the window to greet me :) Gotta park quick and get out of the car when I visited him.

That dog was responsible for a broken bed story. He sorta startled madmax into falling onto a bed that the owner of said dog and I were studying on. Bed didn't like the weight :D That dog was too big for Max to deal with :)

We've had poms. They didn't scratch cars :lol:

• Like 1

Got a 4 month old daschund and a 8 month old Cocker-pug. Its a mix between a cockerspaniel and a pug! Extremely loyal. The hybrid pug was given to us free as the owner doesn't have time to care for her. Both these dogs sleeps on the floor next to my mom. We don't believe in chaining or caging dogs. They have all the freedom within the house or garden.

• Like 1

@ Sylvi how is the temperament of the boxer and fox terrier cross? when cross breeding you need to do it carefully as some breeds are aggressive and some have genetic diseases, i would like to see their pics do you mind uploading when time permits

@ Sylvi how is the temperament of the boxer and fox terrier cross? when cross breeding you need to do it carefully as some breeds are aggressive and some have genetic diseases, i would like to see their pics do you mind uploading when time permits

'rman2000',

I had some time back female fox terrier she had gone to other house they had boxer dog and got cross, production was 4 males 1 female, Male pups I managed to give to my friends, three mails were like the boxer with the same face other two was like the fox terrier 5 of them never grew up to the build of boxer, they all were small like fox terrier. The mother died few years ago I have the female now. When she gets the heat it is a very big problem. other two doges do not move from the kennel of the female.

Some times two male dogs fight then fox terrier runs to his kennel, Labrador stays for few minutes barking and go to his kennel.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

1+

i have a GS and a stray rescued from the road! best of both worlds! :)

The mother died few years ago I have the female now. When she gets the heat it is a very big problem. other two doges do not move from the kennel of the female.

Some times two male dogs fight then fox terrier runs to his kennel, Labrador stays for few minutes barking and go to his kennel.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

You could get the female neutered. It doesn't cause distress (well, none that I could see) is relatively cheap, and the dog is usually up and about the day after. Recovery is complete after 7-10 days and the dog can be allowed to get back to its usual schedule by then. After the second day the dog is well enough really, its just that you gave to keep it from hurting itself, ripping out stitches, and watch for bleeding, signs of pain or swelling etc.

Given your situation with the three dogs: I'd consider it.

Edited by Kavvz

Loves Ripper to bits so much that she pees when she sees him... :)

Hahahaha! (This is a respectable thread but I can't help but drag it into the gutter. Ripper is a gentleman and is a respectable man I'm sure. However as I am neither; I can't help but laugh my ass off: What ho Ripper old chap! Four legged or two you've still got the magic touch I see :D )

Edited by Kavvz