• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vios E Or Vios G

rashita

I'll assume you're talking about the 2nd gen Vios. The G has the best specs, there's also a G Limited with body kit and different alloys. The 1st gen Vios only comes in E and S specs, the difference being the S comes with a digital dashboard.

I'll assume you're talking about the 2nd gen Vios. The G has the best specs, there's also a G Limited with body kit and different alloys. The 1st gen Vios only comes in E and S specs, the difference being the S comes with a digital dashboard.

hi terrabytetango

My budget is around 2.5 M. therefore I only can afford 1st gen Vios. Can any one pls suggest me the best choice out of S and E? (If G not available on 1st gen)

vios S grade

----------------

nickle door handles

digital meter panel

teak panels

nickle gear lever

thats the difference.

Well i dont honestly see why anyone would want to spend more money on the same car just for some additional "bling bling" and fake wood trim, unless they upgraded from a tuk tuk or something ;)

vios S grade

----------------

nickle door handles - This was never an option in the Vios, it only came with body coloured handles. You can buy chrome handle covers from any number of shops however.

digital meter panel

teak panels - wrong once again, the wood effect panels were a dealer option, just like silver aluminium effect panels. once again you can buy these parts from certain shops. the wood panels are common to 2003 models mostly, and you can recognize a 2003 by the fact that the stock radio has a black fascia as opposed to silver fascia of the 2004 and 2005 models.

nickle gear lever - nonsense, nothing like this exists for the auto versions, and if it's a manual then the previous owner has fitted an aluminium gear knob.

thats the difference. the only difference is the digital dashboard.

Edited by terrabytetango

hi terrabytetango

My budget is around 2.5 M. therefore I only can afford 1st gen Vios. Can any one pls suggest me the best choice out of S and E? (If G not available on 1st gen)

E would be the best choice, however if you come across a good S spec go for it by all means. The thing is that few S specs ever pop up for sale. Look at my previous post correcting @invisibleuser's claims, you'll see you're not missing out on anything except a nice vacuum fluorescent display which only you can see, thus preventing any passenger/back seat driving.

E would be the best choice, however if you come across a good S spec go for it by all means. The thing is that few S specs ever pop up for sale. Look at my previous post correcting @invisibleuser's claims, you'll see you're not missing out on anything except a nice vacuum fluorescent display which only you can see, thus preventing any passenger/back seat driving.

Which one has the best second hand market. E or S?

Which one has the best second hand market. E or S?

The S will have a slight edge; the seller will claim its the better model because of the digital dash blah blah, but in my opinion both have equal demand. What you should look for instead is the condition of the leatherette interior since this is where plenty of Vios' in this country fail due to improper/lack of seat care. If you come across a velour trim (fabric interior) model, I'd suggest you take a good look at it. That type of interior is much more resilient to typical Sri Lankan use, and will often be in much better nick than a leatherette interior of the same age.

What you should look for instead is the condition of the leatherette interior since this is where plenty of Vios' in this country fail due to improper/lack of seat care.

thats very true, when I was looking for a car, I came upon quiet a bit of vios's with deteriorated lether interior.

machan you havent even bought the vehical yet.... ur planning on how to sell it already..!!! :speechless-smiley-004:

Have to disagree a bit, true most Sri Lankans tend to think of things such as resale value even before they buy a car but then again if you are in that mainstream mindset and a car is only a "thing" to you and you do wish to get a good resale value the OP is asking the correct question cause you cant really ask which one would have a higher resale value after you purchase one can you ?

Again not agreeing with this trend of resale value and all other BS the typical car buyer is concerned with; but if you are dont you think its better to buy the one that would hold better resale value in the future ?

Have to disagree a bit, true most Sri Lankans tend to think of things such as resale value even before they buy a car but then again if you are in that mainstream mindset and a car is only a "thing" to you and you do wish to get a good resale value the OP is asking the correct question cause you cant really ask which one would have a higher resale value after you purchase one can you ?

Again not agreeing with this trend of resale value and all other BS the typical car buyer is concerned with; but if you are dont you think its better to buy the one that would hold better resale value in the future ?

totally agree with you!!!

However 'S' have a better secondhand market than 'E' as per your comments, i'll go for 'S'. thanks guys for your expert ideas.

Edited by rashita

totally agree with you!!!

However 'S' have a better secondhand market than 'E' as per your comments, i'll go for 'S'. thanks guys for your expert ideas.

I don't think you should go after S grade too much. only if you find a well maintained car for a reasonable price. Try to find a well maintained car whether it is S or E. I bought an E grade as I did not want to pay extra only for digital meter. It is all about how good your car not how your speedometer looks like. in addition, Vios digital RPM meter is not as clear as the analog one

I think even Axio G grade has an analog meter.

I don't think you should go after S grade too much. only if you find a well maintained car for a reasonable price. Try to find a well maintained car whether it is S or E. I bought an E grade as I did not want to pay extra only for digital meter. It is all about how good your car not how your speedometer looks like. in addition, Vios digital RPM meter is not as clear as the analog one

I think even Axio G grade has an analog meter.

Thank you for the info. if only difference is digital meter in S grade, no point of paying extra. Instead i'll try to find out well maintained car. By budget is 2.5M and i think i have buy 2003 one. 'Cos 2004 once goes at 2.7M range. Thanks

Thank you for the info. if only difference is digital meter in S grade, no point of paying extra. Instead i'll try to find out well maintained car. By budget is 2.5M and i think i have buy 2003 one. 'Cos 2004 once goes at 2.7M range. Thanks

Yes manuals are a little bit lower than the autos, one of my freind bought a 2006 manual vios for 2.75m.