• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Comments On A Few Popular Cars

dantoddd

Question

I'm looking for a new vehicle, I have about 4-5mn rupees to spend on car but i can go up a little further with a lease if i absolutely want to. I've been looking at a few vehicles and there are a few that have caught my eye. I would really appreciate some comments, I'm interested in knowing if the vehicle models have any defects, and what their secondary market value should be like.

The Vehicles of interest are:

1) Honda Civic Hybrid

2) Nissan X-trail

3) Honda CRV

4) Montero sport(the old model)

6) Hyundia Santafe

7) KIA Sorento

Edited by dantoddd

19 answers to this question

I'm looking for a new vehicle, I have about 4-5mn rupees to spend on car but i can go up a little further with a lease if i absolutely want to. I've been looking at a few vehicles and there are a few that have caught my eye. I would really appreciate some comments, I'm interested in knowing if the vehicle models have any defects, and what their secondary market value should be like.

1) Honda Civic Hybrid

2) Nissan X-trail

3) Honda CRV

6) Hyundia Santafe

7) KIA Sorento

Nissan X-trail. else Honda CRV

[quote name=

timestamp=1330506729' post='197178]

1) Honda Civic Hybrid

2) Nissan X-trail

3) Honda CRV

6) Hyundia Santafe

7) KIA Sorento

'dantoddd',

Go in for Honda CRV. space and comfort is good.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

You are cleaver enough to have earned Rs 5 Million bucks , so you should be able to figure this out.

Asking for random picks from a list of 7 different vehicles is a little silly..

• Like 1

You are cleaver enough to have earned Rs 5 Million bucks , so you should be able to figure this out.

Asking for random picks from a list of 7 different vehicles is a little silly..

Huh? Clever enough to have earned 5 mil? What's that got to do with anything? And random picks? What? Those are the vehicles the OP is interested in! He wants to know what we prefer so he can make an informed decision! Sheesh!

@ dantoddd. Some of these cars have been discussed before. You can do a search (top right hand corner of your page) and find some of the info you need.

Thanks for all the replies. I also had some interest in the RAV4 but i didn't like the look of it.

CARBON B4, i'm just fishing for information here. Asking a forum is definitely a smart thing to do these days as they contain considerable amounts of information.

One more thing, where can i find the tariff calculation for imported vehicles?

I was able to find this: http://badusure.com/...motor-vehicles/

but i don't think those tariffs apply anymore

Edited by dantoddd

Huh? Clever enough to have earned 5 mil? What's that got to do with anything? And random picks? What? Those are the vehicles the OP is interested in! He wants to know what we prefer so he can make an informed decision! Sheesh!

Sorry for being a little rude, but if you look at what the OP has posted its quite stupid. For one he is comparing a Hybrid sedan with a list of SUVs. An X-Trail is not anywhere in the price range he is mentioning, the Montero/Santafe are Diesels and which Sorento is he thinking of ? For a guy who has spare Rs 5million bucks its rather silly in my view. Its easy to list down 7 vehicles without even specifying the year model etc and ask for opinions, but that's not the way someone who is serious about investing such a lot of money goes about doing it.

But given a choice I would go for the Montero Sport 2008/07 Deisel M/T. This is the best deal. All these are permit vehicles which are up for sale after the 3 year time, the guys have bought Duty free so the price they quote is based on the duty free price, that's why the 2008 Diesel sport is going for something like 5.5 plus is made in Japan and will hold value better than the new M Sport. M/T so its pretty good on fuel and very good 4x4 capability, low millage compared to a X-Trail.

• Like 1

I agree on carbon on THIS..

If he wants just ideas might as well goto a petrol shed and ask the drivers when those vehicles drive in. But if he wants an objective comparison on which to get, then he should state his requirements and preferences too rather than ask open ended crap. This kinda question only attracts will every tom dick or harry who THINKS he's a car expert to ramble his 2cents of misinformation. To prove my point, just look at the people who have responded with their recommendations...

Sorry for being a little rude, but if you look at what the OP has posted its quite stupid. For one he is comparing a Hybrid sedan........

What you have to understand is that not everyone is well versed with vehicles, and not everyone goes about buying cars the way you do. What does it matter if he is comparing hybrids with SUVs or diesels or electric cars or whatever? I'll say it again; those are the cars he likes! And all the cars he has listed are within his budget anyway so whats the problem? Just tell him what he wants to know and that'll be that.

I agree on carbon on THIS..

If he wants just ideas might as well goto a petrol shed and ask the drivers when those vehicles drive in. But if he wants an objective comparison on which to get, then he should state his requirements and preferences too rather than ask open ended crap. This kinda question only attracts will every tom dick or harry who THINKS he's a car expert to ramble his 2cents of misinformation. To prove my point, just look at the people who have responded with their recommendations...

some people here don't have any valuable responses to help anybody out. all they good at is to talk crap and increase their post count.

• Like 1

some people here don't have any valuable responses to help anybody out. all they good at is to talk crap and increase their post count.

Hahahaha omg! this is coming from you after your valuable response was this

For economy Honda Civic Hybrid

For Versetility Crv and xtrail (santafe and sorento are good alternatives too)

Hahahaha omg! this is coming from you after your valuable response was this

at least my vote is better than talking shit. let me add value to my response.

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid: my GF owns one, 90k miles, until this day almost nothing has gone wrong, had a "honda CVT shudder" and agent fixed it for free. 40-50 mpg (depends how you drive)

99 CRV- has one in my household and a friend owns it. ours got 160k miles and my friends got 200k. 19Mpg city 25Mpg hwy. Another great reliable vehicle.

09 Rouge (US cousin of the xtrail)- never driven it or owned one. My friend owns it and he loves it.

05 Sorento- my uncle has one, 50k miles, consumption is so so..., things have gone wrong: Wiper motor actuator, Dome light circuit diode and a factory recall. 3.5 liter engine, awesome power and reliability for the money you pay (not as reliable as japanese vehicles but they are getting pretty close).

Edited by blkr6

at least my vote is better than talking shit. let me add value to my response.

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid: my GF owns one, 90k miles, until this day almost nothing has gone wrong, had a "honda CVT shudder" and agent fixed it for free. 40-50 mpg (depends how you drive)

99 CRV- has one in my household and a friend owns it. ours got 160k miles and my friends got 200k. 19Mpg city 25Mpg hwy. Another great reliable vehicle.

09 Rouge (US cousin of the xtrail)- never driven it or owned one. My friend owns it and he loves it.

05 Sorento- my uncle has one, 50k miles, consumption is so so..., things have gone wrong: Wiper motor actuator, Dome light circuit diode and a factory recall. 3.5 liter engine, awesome power and reliability for the money you pay (not as reliable as japanese vehicles but they are getting pretty close).

Let me now tell you why your P.O.S "vote" is of no value to the person asking the question.

1- Civic- You say you had CVT problems and the agent fixed it for free. The agent here WONT do that. So its a big hit on the wallet. Hence your "vote" is of no value.

2- CRV - you recommend it based on fuel figures in the US or wherever. Those wont apply to SL; hence ur "vote" is useless.

3- X trail- Your friend loves it.. I have friends who love cars that are as unreliable as shit... but they still love their cars. Doesnt mean the OP will. Hence your "vote" is useless.

Once again the OP cant expect a proper answer unless he provides more details.

Just tell him what he wants to know and that'll be that.

Already told him, the Montero Sport is the best in all aspects. Since there is not much info on what he plans to use the car or if he prefers comfort over fuel economy or 4x4 capability or if he has a big family or single guy we cannot give him a proper answer.

The only draw back with the sport is the confort factor.

Already told him, the Montero Sport is the best in all aspects. Since there is not much info on what he plans to use the car or if he prefers comfort over fuel economy or 4x4 capability or if he has a big family or single guy we cannot give him a proper answer.

The only draw back with the sport is the comfort factor.

In my OP i said i was particularly interested in reliability of the vehicle & it's potential after sales value.

Fuel economy isn't an issue for me. and factors such as comfort are things that i can easily gauge for myself after test driving the vehicle. To be perfectly frank, my interest in the hybrid not for practical reasons. The honda civic looks nice & it seems kind of cool to own a hybrid. For practical purposes i'm interested in a smallish suburban SUV

In my OP i said i was particularly interested in reliability of the vehicle & it's potential after sales value.

Fuel economy isn't an issue for me. and factors such as comfort are things that i can easily gauge for myself after test driving the vehicle. To be perfectly frank, my interest in the hybrid not for practical reasons. The honda civic looks nice & it seems kind of cool to own a hybrid. For practical purposes i'm interested in a smallish suburban SUV

Its like this... our car market is totally dependent on the import duty. And a guy selling a vehicle on the second hand market always finds it a little difficult simply cos there is too much supply. So invariably there is competition leading to reduction in price. Now the most govt permits guys bought the Deisel Montero sport, as this is where they would get the biggest saving in duty for their permit. Now since the 3 years is up these cars are on the market along with the Hyndai Santafe and maybe next year a LOT of Sorentos.... The Montero Sport is made in Japan and the new one is not. So you could say it has the better build quality than anything else.

Also its a pretty basic vehicle with M/T so in terms of reliability this should be still the better option..

Its like this... our car market is totally dependent on the import duty. And a guy selling a vehicle on the second hand market always finds it a little difficult simply cos there is too much supply. So invariably there is competition leading to reduction in price. Now the most govt permits guys bought the Deisel Montero sport, as this is where they would get the biggest saving in duty for their permit. Now since the 3 years is up these cars are on the market along with the Hyndai Santafe and maybe next year a LOT of Sorentos.... The Montero Sport is made in Japan and the new one is not. So you could say it has the better build quality than anything else.

Also its a pretty basic vehicle with M/T so in terms of reliability this should be still the better option..

Thanks I'm also favoring the old montero sports myself. The vehicle seems less toyish than some of the other smallish SUVs. I'm hoping to some 2008ish model under 50 laks.