• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Idle Rpm Problem (Nissan Sunny Fb14)

arun-online

Question

hi friends..

My car is a Nissan sunny fb14 97 Manual model.200k + on odo. Few days ago I have cleaned the efi, throttle body and done the engine tune up. fixed new Air and Petrol filters. Mechanic set rpm to abt 750. At that moment it was working fine.

But at the moment problem is idle rpm fluctuates (without engaging AC, Head Lights or power steering). Most of times idle rpm is 1400, sometimes it stays abt 1200 or come back to normal 750. If I depress the accelerator when rpm is at 1400, rpm drops and then increases.

Please consider following facts

1. Previous owner has open the MAF sensor circuit, this time my mechanic reopen it and clean the circuit using contact cleaner. I saw that some tiny transistor like things had gone bad. (Mechanic said its not a problem.. :) )
  2. When is touch the wire of Throttle position sensor rpm changes, when I disconnect the socket of throttle position sensor engine comes to normal rpm (750). bt sometimes it doesn’t.
  3. when i stard the engine without Tps idle is fine. bt some times it doesnt.. :(
  4. There ar no warning lights on meter panal.

what should I do.. scanning?? or change the throttle possition sensor. ??

any suitable place in Kurunegala for this...??

Thankz..... F1... F1... F1...................

Edited by arun-online

1 answer to this question