• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Fluctuating Idle Rpm Issue

civicferio

Dear all,

I have fluctuating idle rpm issue and I want to know, someone already solved this issue by changing the IACV.

AFAIK this issue is related to the IACV and I cleaned it several times but still it exists.

Thanks.

Dear all,

I have fluctuating idle rpm issue and I want to know, someone already solved this issue by changing the IACV.

AFAIK this issue is related to the IACV and I cleaned it several times but still it exists.

Thanks.

Check Your Radiator Fans are Working Fine....or blowing pressure in both fans

may be u gotta change ur IACV bro.anyways check ur idle up sensor too.i have the same issue so i bought a new throttle body because they dont sell recon IACV valves separately.anyways dint try it.will change and let u know if it solves my problem

may be u gotta change ur IACV bro.anyways check ur idle up sensor too.i have the same issue so i bought a new throttle body because they dont sell recon IACV valves separately.anyways dint try it.will change and let u know if it solves my problem

Thanks.

#5 prvnrox

Posted Yesterday, 09:23 PM

How much you have cost for the new tb ? ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_197807', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_197807', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '197807' }, parseInt('0') );

• 2 weeks later...

Bro

Please give me more details.

1. is this happens when the engine is cold or warm?

2. When you on the AC?

I had similer issue with my car, it spee going high every 3 sec time. so the issue is Idel up valve is blocked, so it can be corrected easly, malabe guy is fixed for me.

sira

Edited by sira

machan if its the sensor the check bulb lights right??

Well not necessarily.

The reason is that ECU reads wrong Throttle position and either increase or reduces air/fuel mixture. This will cause the RPM issue. You can be more certain if it happened when car moves at certain speed. Like in my case car suddenly start quick jerks as RPM goes up and down quickly without changing the throttle position.

So it can be either of senors.

i tried cleaning the IACV bro! held the rpm for few hours but no luck!

I'm confused. Civicferio started the thread and but prvnrox haven't given much details about this problem.

@prvnrox would you mind giving more details of the problem you have. I noticed you have already bought new TB.

Did you change it?

What RPM range it fluctuate?

Does it change only at IDLE or when you driving too?

If you can give us more details, we will be able to share some knowledge. Because I went through this IACV and TPS issue for quite some time and solved the problem with changing TB.

Also your TPS can malfunction without CEL giving any indication. Because it works in voltage range and error code only appear when it goes below the threshold AFAIK.

Edited by MkX

I'm confused. Civicferio started the thread and but prvnrox haven't given much details about this problem.

@prvnrox would you mind giving more details of the problem you have. I noticed you have already bought new TB.

Did you change it?

What RPM range it fluctuate?

Does it change only at IDLE or when you driving too?

If you can give us more details, we will be able to share some knowledge. Because I went through this IACV and TPS issue for quite some time and solved the problem with changing TB.

Also your TPS can malfunction without CEL giving any indication. Because it works in voltage range and error code only appear when it goes below the threshold AFAIK.

yes bro the exact case is when it is on idle,there is a drop in the rpm to 100-200.when i drive it doesnt fluctuate.but anway when its at parking also some times it continuously goes up n down 1000-1500 range.some times (mostly in the cold start) when i accelerate the car accelerates with a jerk (stays t about 500 and then suddenly comes upto around 2000).when i give the pedal smoothly it car jerks in throttle.but this doesnt happen always.drop of the idle RPM happens almost every time (despite cold or warm).

Then mech at stafford said in hondas if there's any fault of those sensors,the CEL comes up.i dunno though since some of the experts here are saying its not the case always..is there anyway i can check it?? but um not soo good with this mech stuff! :S

guys i also need to ask you.Did u guys notice any increment in fuel consumption when u had this problem??mine is an auto multimatic.does around7.5-8 kmpl in the city.11-12 outstation.

Ok, assuming your car is EK3-Vi, I must say your fuel efficiency is very much low compare to others. I’ve being using same car (manual) for last 3 years. I hardly get anything below 11/12 Kmpl with A/C on, unless you use it at SPORTS mode (in Multimatic) all the time.

When I start in the morning my RPM goes up to 1000 – 1500 and after driving for a while it reduces to normal level. However when I use A/C and the vehicle come in to idle RPM drops to 300/500 range. Most people with same car told me they have the same issue but not solved. Cleaning IACV will not rectify this problem because either it’s electric motor inside or the spring that something to do with this. Best thing is get adjust to this if possible.

RPM fluctuation issue is different to what I mentioned above. It is when you keep the car in idle (or even in move) RPM goes up and down continuously without a pause. So you can see your RPM gauge movement between 750/500 to 2000/2500 range. Reading your post gives me the idea that you don’t have this problem but the previous.

The jerk you mentioned here is most likely a problem with the Multimatic gear box. This problem occurs with wrong ATF or when gear box not maintained properly. Check youtube, you’ll see so many videos of the RPM fluctuation due to TPS problem without CEL giving any indication.

Edited by MkX

well mine is not a manual.its an auto.but still i thought it should do 9-10kmpl in da city with A/C.no i dont think its a gear box issue.because the gears change pretty well and i use CVTF.my RPM drops even below 500 almost to 100 or below and then the jerk comes.in the cold start the acceleration prob comes.so they said its the IACV. i was thinking about both these jerk issues and the fuel effieciency issues.so i asked the mech check my oxygen sensor and then also he said if the oxygen sensor is faulty CEL will come up.i dunno :S

Is your problem solved? Mine also some times drop below 500 too but not all the time. What is the acceleration issue you mentioned here? Is it low pulling power whenyou accelerate or RPM drops suddenly even when you press the accelerate peda?

• 3 months later...

i tried a new (recon) IACV but dint work.its hell of a headache :S these days um broke so couldnt spend money on the car.will let u know once i fix it.um going to waruna and see.so far i've shown it to Mahesh,Ajith and also the BOSCH service center :(