• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Air-Refreshner

nato23

Never ever buy these. They will eventually overflow and melt the paint and/or plastic on your dash. A friend of mine found out the hard way.

Yup ! These clip to ac vent things are no good.I used one like that and it left a spilled brake oil kinda damage on the dash board.

I keep orange peels (actual)... under the seats. Fights ordours and keeps things fresh. Hate the artificial stuff.

I keep a dozen empty packs of cigarettes, empty water bottles, empty coke bottles, a bag from McDonalds with wrappers from burgers and various other things too keep the car "fresh." ;)

but seriously though..does it work? The next time I eat an orange I should toss the peels under the seat.

Im trying out one of them ambi pur things! so far so good! no overspill and it works pretty decent.

Well, guess everyone needs to try it out themselves. My friend used the stuff for almost a year without any hint of a problem, before it overflowed. It removed the paint off the plastic. The dash is a eyesore now, with a blotch of white below the AC vent.

I keep a dozen empty packs of cigarettes, empty water bottles, empty coke bottles, a bag from McDonalds with wrappers from burgers and various other things too keep the car "fresh." ;)

but seriously though..does it work? The next time I eat an orange I should toss the peels under the seat.

actually it does machang. Any of these car freshener stuff gives me a headache as I drive long distances on a regular basis. Wify is the one who introduced me to the peels.

But don't throw any orange peels though. You will know when you come across a good smelling peel, then keep that.

Actually if you keep the car clean and air it regularly the odours tend to stay away. Main culprit is the AC cooler. If the unit is damp and the run off hoses are clogged the water gets collected and starts smelling eventually. Once in a while I keep a bowl of Lime and vinegar in a small bowl overnight and it really does work. trust me.

• Like 3

actually it does machang. Any of these car freshener stuff gives me a headache as I drive long distances on a regular basis. Wify is the one who introduced me to the peels.

But don't throw any orange peels though. You will know when you come across a good smelling peel, then keep that.

Actually if you keep the car clean and air it regularly the odours tend to stay away. Main culprit is the AC cooler. If the unit is damp and the run off hoses are clogged the water gets collected and starts smelling eventually. Once in a while I keep a bowl of Lime and vinegar in a small bowl overnight and it really does work. trust me.

hmmm I guess I'll be trying this tomorrow since I need to get an airfreshener anyway.

The orange thing works!

Great Stuff.. thanks for sharing... since most products for sale are carcinogenic..

Machan, next time give sodium bicarbonate a try. The stuff is excellent for odour removal. I usually re-use the stuff 2-3 times.

Also there is a carpet cleaner at Arpico, you sprinkle it on the carpet, leave for a few hours (I left it overnight) and vacuum it. Works wonders. Smells fresh for months. It cleans teh carpet by absorbing all the dampness and any odors. Blue cardboard cylindrical canister with a pink top.

• Like 1