• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corona At170

cooltnd

Question

Hi,

First of all i would like to thank all the members in this forum for valuable advices.

I was planning to buy my first car 2-3 months back but couldn't do it due to financial problems.

I'd like to thank all the forum members and specially Sylvi,heavyD, The Don,Mahesh w,nexus,isurunugawela88 and novice for valuable advices which i got fr my first thread.

So now my budget is 800,000 and found Corona AT 170 with AC/PS (only) for Rs 760,000 .

This is MFY 1992 and carb model ,

Need advice for following,

1.What is the fuel consumption ?

2.Is it worth buying for that price ( This is not a full option car) ?

3.This is carb model and do i have to check anything special ?

4. If i want to change manual to power shutters , is it possible? Any idea about costs?

Appreciate your advice

Thanks

10 answers to this question

cooltnd.i will answer like this.

I guess this is a 1500cc one & Carb mode you will get around 9-10-11kmpl with a\c in city & 12-13 maximum 14kmpl with a\c.

Ok. There are few versions of this. Standard At170 with A\C P\S Manual transmision ( if the vehicle in top condition Running\body\Interior) for me its worth. Try to negotiate. ( What is the No 18- or 19- ??)

For your information i checked a At170 corona select saloon Odo 180k Auto Asked 1.0 M. car also not in good condition over priced.

Just check go with a mechanic & do a test run.

4. If i want to change manual to power shutters , is it possible? Any idea about costs?

Well better to stay on same when considering the money & time spending to serch new doors & other stuffs. Or search for a full option one.

Additionally Search for a At170 Full option carina (18-,19- one will be go around 800k) At 170 corona select saloon (manual) or a Trad sunny Full light F\O one 17-18- one will be in your bugdet.

Good Luck.

Hi,

First of all i would like to thank all the members in this forum for valuable advices.

I was planning to buy my first car 2-3 months back but couldn't do it due to financial problems.

I'd like to thank all the forum members and specially Sylvi,heavyD, The Don,Mahesh w,nexus,isurunugawela88 and novice for valuable advices which i got fr my first thread.

So now my budget is 800,000 and found Corona AT 170 with AC/PS (only) for Rs 760,000 .

This is MFY 1992 and carb model ,

Need advice for following,

Appreciate your advice

Thanks

When this car was newer and parts were plenty upgrading it to have power shutters power mirrors central locking was a matter of changing the doors and finding the missing circuitry which wasn't too difficult. But as they have gotten older parts have become more difficult to find and my advice is not to buy it with the thought of adding options to it as it will require a lot of effort and time which won't be worth it in the end.

I can't really comment more than what Maheshw has already commented. I do suggest you also look into the possibility of an FB13, Corolla AE91, Lancer CB2. and for a bit less an HB12 and you might be able to get a full option version if that is important to you. For cars of that age I think the AE100 has aged the best (testament to the build quality of the car) though prices seem to hover around the 1million mark or over.

Thanks a lot maheshw and Don.

Really appreciate your comments.

Its (18-) car with 1500cc engine.

I think you all are correct so forgot about power shutters.

His asking price is 740,000 so still thinking about it.

I know this question is repeating again. Please let me know the fuel consumption for FB13 and Lancer CB2.

Do you think AE100 is better than FB13,HB12,Lancer CB2 and AE91 ?

Hope other members will help me to choose the best car

Thanks in advance

I've checked carina AT192 , manual,F/O car today. this is EFI ,1995 car

when we are driving the car i've noticed engine light is on

When i asked he said it was on since he bought and nothing to worry.

Is it a big issue or an electric problem.

Pls tell me about this issue.

Is there any risk of buying this?

Urgent reply needed

Thanks

Edited by cooltnd

i hope you are meaning check engine light..at least that guy let the check engine light on ..there are people who turn OFF the check engine light even there is a notification to check engine.. well for problems....could be related to sensors..did u notice any miss in engine..rpm drops when accelerating? and try to do a green test and get the results...coz its a 20 year old 5AFE motor so at least a slight sludge is obvious

if u dont feel any miss and rpm drops there is a possibility the engine has been changed and ecu has not mapped with new engine so make sure to cross check the engine no with the docs

Thanks a lot machan.

yes , its check engine indicator

it was just 1-2 km's test drive but didnt noticed any rpm changes or engine miss

so is it going to effect for fuel consumption?

How do i find engine no ? where is it engraved in 5A-FE engine?

How's the fuel consumption in this car?

asking price is 13.50 is it worth buying?

Please advice

since its 1992 at192 i assume its a 19- car...13.5 is very high price if it is a 19- car..and fuel consumption ..even though the AT192 and AE100 shares the same engine 5AFE..carina is bit heavier car than ae100 so i doubt u can get 10kmpl with ac in city driving..

get some thing like this

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=71970

its a sprinter little below the corrola market..