• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Chevrolet Cuze La-Hr51S- Timing Belt Or Chain

Nimali Fernando

Question

Hi guys.. Just a quick question regarding the chavrolet cruze LA-HR51s (2003 model) which I am using. Could some expert advice me on whether it uses a timing belt or a chain. The millage currently stands at 70k, but wish to change the timing belt early to be in the safer side.

In addition to that would like to ask the following questions.

1) Does 10KM per liter seem to be normal for a chavrolet cruse( 11KM with 95 octain)

2)Which other regular maintainance have I got to carryout to keep the car in good condition.

3) Has anyone got a user manual or service manual for this model. I am able to find neither the japanese nor the English one.

cheers for now.. Looking forward to contribute more towards this forum out of my limited knowledge.

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

Hi guys.. Just a quick question regarding the chavrolet cruze LA-HR51s (2003 model) which I am using. Could some expert advice me on whether it uses a timing belt or a chain. The millage currently stands at 70k, but wish to change the timing belt early to be in the safer side.

In addition to that would like to ask the following questions.

1) Does 10KM per liter seem to be normal for a chavrolet cruse( 11KM with 95 octain)

2)Which other regular maintainance have I got to carryout to keep the car in good condition.

3) Has anyone got a user manual or service manual for this model. I am able to find neither the japanese nor the English one.

cheers for now.. Looking forward to contribute more towards this forum out of my limited knowledge.

0. Timing chain. 70k is way too early to change it. In fact, Suzuki M13A engine (this the engine in the Cruze) has a very durable timing chain so don't worry about it.

1. 10km/l is normal in city driving if you are not so smooth on the pedals. No offense for lady drivers but I've noticed that when my better half drives the car, it does about 1km less per litre of fuel. If you get 11km/l with 95, its abnormal (the way u measure is probably wrong). Both 90 and 95 should give same fuel figures.

2. Sooner or later the suspension will give up. Also CV joints and rack ends tend to give up sooner than the mainstream Japs. You can't do anything about it except avoid potholed roads or be a bit gentle with the car

3. Search the net for "Suzuki Ignis" or "Holden Cruze 2003" user manual. It's virtually the same thing. You won't find a CHevrolet Cruze user manual in English because it was never intended to be sold outside Japan. However, in Australia, the same car was sold as "Holden Cruze" and with a slightly different body, the same car was sold all over the world as "Suzuki Ignis".

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 2

0. Timing chain. 70k is way too early to change it.

1. 10km/l is normal in city driving if you are not so smooth on the pedals. No offense for lady drivers but I've noticed that when my better half drives the car, it does about 1km less per litre of fuel. If you get 11km/l with 95, its abnormal (the way u measure is probably wrong). Both 90 and 95 should give same fuel figures.

2. Sooner or later the suspension will give up. Also CV joints and rack ends tend to give up sooner than the mainstream Japs. You can't do anything about it except avoid potholed roads or be a bit gentle with the car

3. Search the net for "Suzuki Ignis" or "Holden Cruze 2003" user manual. It's virtually the same thing. You won't find a CHevrolet Cruze user manual in English because it was never intended to be sold outside Japan. However, in Australia, the same car was sold as "Holden Cruze" and with a slightly different body, the same car was sold all over the world as "Suzuki Ignis".

Many thanks cross wind..

Well I bought my chevi after seeing an advert published on autolanka. The car doesnt give out problems. Since you cannot trust the millage in secondhand vehicles considred timing belt replacement. Since it is a chain I guess I dont have to think about it for a while.

Well I agree on the fact that the KMPL figure depends on a persons driving style.. The figures used to be even worse but have improved since the time I bought it.

thanks again.

<p>

<br />

thanks again.. I downloaded it<br />

Hi

I saw that you were able to download Cruze users manual, I tried the same link but file was removed , could you please share the file using some file sharing site?

Thanks in advance,

MCH

Edited by MCH