• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Eg 8 Or Mazda Butterfly (1.5)

jan_ke20

Hi frnz...

I need your comments regarding above two cars.

Which one does petrol well...????

which one is easy to maintain, when considering spare parts and all....???

but obviously EG8 has more sporty look.... :smilie_liebe9:

Thanks in advance....!!!!!!!

I think you would better go for Butterfly...

IMO the Butterfly is a newer car.

but trust me, you will later regret it, everytime you see a EG8 on the road.

though the EG8 is older. for me its a better car. the Mazda does around 10-12kml

and the EG8 will do around same. but maybe a bit less.

My Advice, if your going for a Civic. gor for a EFI one.

• Like 2

For me eg8 is the allrounder in 10-13 lack price range. Its my daily ride for last 2 years and im loving every moment with it. It has more than enough power to keep up with most of the modern sedans and handles incredibly well mostly due to low centre of gravity and rear double wishbone suspension. My one does 13-14 in long runs with ac and10-11 within city limits. spare parts are easy to find if you are living close to colombo and price also reasonable. but i dont hav any experince with mazda to compare it with eg. but if you are goin for an eg go for a EFI or single carb , NON RAPPED one. Good luck mate!

Ah thanks buddy....!!!!!

honestly, I have more plus points towards EG-8, but some people are claiming that it is not efficient with petrol and so on...

Other thing is, it won't be easy to find a good one since everybody is modifying it....

I ll try to find a good EFI one...

Thanks for the openions frnz......

Ah thanks buddy....!!!!!

honestly, I have more plus points towards EG-8, but some people are claiming that it is not efficient with petrol and so on...

Other thing is, it won't be easy to find a good one since everybody is modifying it....

I ll try to find a good EFI one...

Thanks for the openions frnz......

Yes, thats right!.................

My vote for EG8 , currently i am using a mazda familia 2000 1600cc model, but i knw that eg8 is better than this familia model in several perspective....

In exactly which "perspective" is the Eg8 (last made in 1995) better than a 2000 Model familia may I ask? Other than ability to get ricers' panties wet that is...

And before all the Honda boys jump in to talk about SiR's, racing and the like im talking about the bog standard models.

In exactly which "perspective" is the Eg8 (last made in 1995) better than a 2000 Model familia may I ask? Other than ability to get ricers' panties wet that is...

And before all the Honda boys jump in to talk about SiR's, racing and the like im talking about the bog standard models.

extremely sorry , in my reply , this model = mazda butterfly 1.5, not the 2000 1.6. i just mentioned about 2000 model because even though i am a Mazda lover , with my experience i know that EG8 is the better option.

Edited by MV-5

extremely sorry , in my reply , this model = mazda butterfly 1.5, not the 2000 1.6. i just mentioned about 2000 model because even though i am a Mazda lover , with my experience i know that EG8 is the better option.

Im curious, do share your "Experience" and tell us in what "Perspectives" the Eg8 is better than the familia...

• Like 1

Im curious, do share your "Experience" and tell us in what "Perspectives" the Eg8 is better than the familia...

good question!

I think the butterfly model as locals calls it was post 97.. and the eg is 93.

eg does have more sporty looks and more ponies under the hood but finding a good unmolested specimen is REALLY hard!

I was looking for one myself many years ago and gave up after not being able to find a car in decent nick.

Most users of this car tend to care only about appearances and mechanicals tend to be neglected.

Janke20, observe: a guy driving a Mazda wishes he had an eg...

This could be you ;)

oh well! some people like eg's after that famous movie :P

good question!

I think the butterfly model as locals calls it was post 97.. and the eg is 93.

eg does have more sporty looks and more ponies under the hood but finding a good unmolested specimen is REALLY hard!

I was looking for one myself many years ago and gave up after not being able to find a car in decent nick.

Most users of this car tend to care only about appearances and mechanicals tend to be neglected.

oh well! some people like eg's after that famous movie :P

Apparently bone stock examples DO pop up from time to time... although I dunno whether its unmolested...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=71107

Apparently bone stock examples DO pop up from time to time... although I dunno whether its unmolested...

http://www.autolanka...ad.asp?ID=71107

that looks ok at least from the exterior.

I too know of this ek3...bought brand new, one owner car to date... unmolested and in excellent nick.

An ultra rare breed.

Most Eg's i checked had fart barrels on em, fake k&n cone filters and what not...

i thing the owners bust money for looks and dont have money look after mechanicals :)

Personally, i'd still go for a newer car if it's in good shape...

http://www.autolanka...ad.asp?ID=71107

Considering the soft toys at the back it maybe driven by a girl or a man who likes to be a girl... so doubt the car would have been thrashed around too much.... :)

Considering the soft toys at the back it maybe driven by a girl or a man who likes to be a girl... so doubt the car would have been thrashed around too much.... :)

it says "bullet" right under the reg no. :P