• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Remote Controller Operation

hrm

Question

Hi friends,

I have a 1994 Lancer (CB2A) car which bought about 6 months ago. When I got it the previous owner gave me a 4 button remote and said only the button labeled 2 is working for remote central locking. It's a kind of old remote with wooden/teak finish. I'm not sure whether this is an orginal one or a third party one. However it doesn't have a security alarm or flashing lights and worked without much of an issue.

But today morning I discovered a new feature accidently . If I press keys 1+3+1 then car ignition lights will turn on (without putting the key). I can start the car using the key afterwards normally. But I could not turn off the engine with key and I also can remove the key while engine running. If I press 1+3+1 remote combination again, then the engine stops.

Just want to know whether this scenario is normal ? If there are any more features with the remote, is there any way I could figure them out ? (since previous owner knew only about the remote central lock) Please share your thoughts if you have a similar arrangement.

Thanks in advance.

9 answers to this question

Definitely 3rd party if it can arm all the electronics. I'm pretty sure your key fob has a combination for remote start as well but it may not be wired in.

thanks mate ! I will check whether I can do a remote start as well.

Usually, the sound comes from an external siren/speaker added with the security system and is typically mounted in the engine bay, closer to the battery and driving compartment. Check if your system has that - if so a wire might be disconnected somewhere to disable sound.

IMHO, in case of security sirens that's a good thing; unless you've got yours setup to quick beeps, instead of wailing sirens.