• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

sam333

hi everyone!!!

i'm new to here. so i don't know is this the right place to ask this question. anyway i have a toyota corolla ae100(SE Limited). in the A/C unit, there are two switches. one for A/C and other one is ECON. what is the purpose of this ECON switch ???

also, when i drive in night with A/C, there are misty on windshield.so very hard 2 drive with A/C in the night. any solution for that ???

is it not happen with climate control A/C system ???

Edited by sam333

when i drive in night with A/C, there are misty on windows & windscreen.so very hard 2 drive with A/C in the night. any solution for that ???

is it not happen with climate control A/C system ???

if the misty is on inside (This is happening when the temparature inside your car is hot > than the outside temparature.

can be a one reason your driving with blower, or you have not operating the a\c properly.

if the misty is on outside ( may be your have adjust the fan position to windscreen mode. then the cold air is making glass cool & misty will appea outside of the glass.

or Seems your coolbox is leaky if the windshield getting misty with spots of mists againt air vents to defrost front windshield. as harshan satate.

Edited by maheshw
  • Like 1

a good thing to check is if your heater core is bad. a leaky heater core can cause an oily residue (from coolant) on the windshield that is hard to get rid of, unless you use a good cleaner often; like something amonia based. Had that issue in mine and it was a pain in the butt 'cos it would mist up really fast and then be hard to wipe off and see through.

• Like 1

I too have the same mist issue on my corolla and the reason is air vents under the windscreen leaks cold air on to the windscreen. My DIY solution was to cover the windscreen air vents with a sellotape :)

According to my AC tech, this happens due to the foam (cushions) lining inside the flaps that controls the air flow, deteriorate overtime and then the flaps can't re-direct air properly. The permanent solution is to re-do foam lining inside the vents/flaps but you need to take out the whole dashboard and spend probably 1 1/2 days.

So for me sellotape is worth the hassle... also make sure to clean the windscreen with a good glass cleaner, sometimes the grease on windscreen worsens the mist issue

• Like 1