• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Refilling Gel/hydraullic Engine Mounts

jdnet

Heard of this place where they do all types of mounts and brake pedal covers, etc. How they refill? do they build the mount and refil or get hold of broken ones and repair/refill gel ?

however, I'd say spend 4k and try it out as you'll save 36k with one year warranty as it's only 10% of the cost.

Edited by harshansenadhir
  • Like 1

no they take the existing one and do it. Not sure how refill it but I did notice a couple of weld marks on the sample they showed. I guess they cut it up somehow.. They said it would take two days to recieve the mount back. I think the name is tissa. I only found out about it because that's where I go for to get bushes and stuff.It's in a slightly one of those little lanes on panchi. I guess at 4k it's worth a shot right.

very tempting offer and certainly worth it these days when prices are shooting up faster than the Appollo rocket which went to the moon ;-)

one question i have is supposing the mount gave away (say halfway from Colombo maybe in Galle or A'pua) will it damage the hybrid engine to keep driivng till the destination?

no they take the existing one and do it. Not sure how refill it but I did notice a couple of weld marks on the sample they showed. I guess they cut it up somehow.. They said it would take two days to recieve the mount back. I think the name is tissa. I only found out about it because that's where I go for to get bushes and stuff.It's in a slightly one of those little lanes on panchi. I guess at 4k it's worth a shot right.

they must be drilling and refilling and weld off the drilled spot. worth a try me thinks.

Same way I tried repairing of shocks for the lancer and worked like a charm for 1 1/2 years till I sold the car. Paid off 6500/- I spent on it very nicely.

very tempting offer and certainly worth it these days when prices are shooting up faster than the Appollo rocket which went to the moon ;-)

one question i have is supposing the mount gave away (say halfway from Colombo maybe in Galle or A'pua) will it damage the hybrid engine to keep driivng till the destination?

You will still have two more mounts to support the engine. It will just increase the stress on them. Eitherway it's not like your engine is going to fall off the car.

• 7 years later...