• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Sunny B15 Oil Indicator Problem

nsb15

Dear All,

My Nissan Sunny B15 (1300 CC) car Oil indicator seems acting strange. I noticed it when I ran a trip around 200 Kms. I stopped the car and after some time I was going to start the engine. When I turn the key to "on" I noticed that the Oil indicator did not light up (which should light up before starting the engine and after engine started it should be going off).I checked the oil level of the car. It's ok. I started the engine. then stopped it again and again turn the key to "on" position and checked whether the oil lamp is lighting up. It doesn't. But all other indicators (Air bag, Check engine, etc..) working fine.

So, I kept the key "on" position for a while. (thinking what is the problem :speechless-smiley-019:) Then after around 1 min it lighted up. I was wondering. Then I started the engine.... light goes off as normal... then stopped the engine. again I turn the key to "on" position. then again the oil lamp doesn't light up.... :speechless-smiley-006: .

Is there any problem in the system.. looking for your valuable comments.

Thanks in advance.

Asanka.

Asanka.,

There may be a loose connection on the oil plug connection or some dust part is blocked on the oil plug do remove the oil plug clean up properly with little k oil or petrol fix up and post the result.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

If you switch on the ignition soon after switching the engine off, it takes few seconds to lit the oil bulb as it takes time to drop the oil pressure. As soon as pressure drops it lights up.

Issue in your car is time taken for this pressure drop or the plug to sense the pressure drop

Is significantly long.

I have a feeling that oil plug isn't responding properly to the pressure drop. Give it a cleaning as Sylvi said and probably the oil pressure sensor(oil plug in local context) might needing a replacement.

• Like 1