• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Maruti Alto Fuel Economy

nels@autolanka

Gays I never shift to 5th gear. when u drive at 5 th, the fuel eco is so bad. use only upto 4th and post ur results.

this may be true. theoretically, if engine have no load fuel consume is low. if speed below 50 and gear is on top gear the engine have a load.

Edited by Nilantha

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I was just searching for help for Altos and found this. I can see its been almost 3 years from the last response but want to know few things as I'm also driving Maruti Alto 800 (2010). Hope some expert can help me with this.

1. What is the ideal gear shifting ratio as this doesn't have a RPM meter. can you tell me which speed which gear. Usually I do shift as follows

1st to 2nd : 20kmph

2nd to 3rd : 30 kmph

3rd to 4th : 40 kmph

4th to 5th: 50kmph

is it OK for the engine and fuel economy??

2. Recently I went on a trip to Jaffna (Full flat straight roads) with wife and our baggages. My car did something around 21Km/l (Calculated using full tank to full tank method) in cities it does only 12 - 13 km/l

Regards

Hi,

I'm driving a Maruti Alto 800 (2010). Hope some expert can help me with this.

1. What is the ideal gear shifting ratio as this doesn't have a RPM meter. can you tell me which speed which gear. Usually I do shift as follows

1st to 2nd : 20kmph

2nd to 3rd : 30 kmph

3rd to 4th : 40 kmph

4th to 5th: 50kmph

is it OK for the engine and fuel economy??

2. Recently I went on a trip to Jaffna (Full flat straight roads) with wife and our baggages. My car did something around 21Km/l (Calculated using full tank to full tank method) in cities it does only 12 - 13 km/l

Regards

• 1 month later...

All small Indian Suzuki cars are fuel efficient due to its low power and torque. In my personnel experience, Maruti 800 CC does 18-20 km/litre in long distance with two passengers and A/C . Alto K10 - 1000 CC does 16-17 in long distance with two passengers and A/C. But you may have to switch off your A/C in a quick overtake with full load.

Few tips are,

I always fuel Euro 3 in long distance driving ( more power over normal 92 Octane),

change the air filters in every 5000 km ( may use for higher mileage but it depends on which part of the country you are driving) and

use low friction high end engine oils ( lot of people use cheap mineral oils, but it has a huge effect on the fuel efficiency)

Make sure clutch is in good shape

• 3 years later...