• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Navara

alpha17

Machan, First of all, I'm not an expert on either on engines or vehicles. This is what a guy from A*W said about Navara when I when to the paliyagoda station to get my car repaired. Even I had a little ride with him on a Navara.

1 - Its a crap. give lots of engine troubles.

2 - Even its a diesel, does around 5-6 kmpl max.

3 - Comfotability - rear seat, none. I'm not sure about the front seat as I was in the rear seat. too low to the floor and not enough leg space.

Hope this helps.

Note, the guy from A*W expressed this opinion likely because A*W doesn't actually sell the Navara here. What they do sell is the truly awful previous generation Nissan pickup at nearly the same price as the Navara, so Naturally they will be calling the Navara bad so that they can move their ancient relics.

• Like 4

Note, the guy from A*W expressed this opinion likely because A*W doesn't actually sell the Navara here. What they do sell is the truly awful previous generation Nissan pickup at nearly the same price as the Navara, so Naturally they will be calling the Navara bad so that they can move their ancient relics.

Is there any reason A*W does not bring down the Navara ?

Machan, First of all, I'm not an expert on either on engines or vehicles. This is what a guy from A*W said about Navara when I when to the paliyagoda station to get my car repaired. Even I had a little ride with him on a Navara.

1 - Its a crap. give lots of engine troubles.

2 - Even its a diesel, does around 5-6 kmpl max.

3 - Comfotability - rear seat, none. I'm not sure about the front seat as I was in the rear seat. too low to the floor and not enough leg space.

Hope this helps.

Nahhhhh!!!You have misunderstood!!!!Last friday I had a ride with it,and it's the greatest ride I had.Very Comfortable than a car.Very Spacious ride.Even the front seats have too much space!!(I'm 6.1 feet tall).It was an outlaw.Back seats are also very comfortable and spacious like a car.So my final decision is to buy it....

Nahhhhh!!!You have misunderstood!!!!Last friday I had a ride with it,and it's the greatest ride I had.Very Comfortable than a car.Very Spacious ride.Even the front seats have too much space!!(I'm 6.1 feet tall).It was an outlaw.Back seats are also very comfortable and spacious like a car.So my final decision is to buy it....

Mate, its your money and your choice :) Why bother fishing for opinions when you have already made your decision? And a cab is never going to be as comfortable as a car because of heavy duty suspension at the back for taking weight. But if you feel that is the case well you are entitled to an opinion and its your ass and back that has to take the battering :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys! is it possible to do something to kind of upright rear seat? i mean tilt it a bit?

Well you probably can if there is space in the back to tilt. If memory serves me right there usually isn't a lot of space behind the back seat. Depending on the construction of the seat you can either fabricate a new frame or change the fixing angle to gain the tilt.

I am writing this as a reference to anybody else who is interested in this vehicle. I spoke with a friend of mine who is a professional exporter of vehicles in the UK and all he exports is double cabs. He gave me some insight on the trade, but please take whatever I say with a pinch of salt as it is not first hand information.

1. He tells me that the Toyota Hilux is the best of the three double cabs as he's had the least complaints from customers after purchasing them. He also told me that you get both the Thai and the South African versions and customers seem to ask for South African versions while to him they are very similar.

2. His experiences with the L200 is also positive and he's not had any issues with them after being sold. These are the warrior version with DiD common rail diesel engines installed.

3. Now the Navara, he's had most to say about this one. According to him they seem to be most affected by grit and develop rust so he tried to source vehicles from farms etc when possible which have not ridden on gritted roads as much. His goons in SL treat the vehicles with anti rust solution before they are sold so buyers don't get rusty vehicles. He also said he had to help one customer with a busted turbo for which parts could not be found in SL and he sourced them for about £2000. He's also had many others have issues with the DPF system though he said it was mostly down to people using them for short journeys, stop start driving which cause the DPF system to get blocked. All in all he's had the most problems with the Navara. I've also heard from a friend of mine who is a tradesman that he's had some negative feedback on Navara's as well and he ended up buying a Ford truck instead of a Navara as a result.

As I said take all of this with a pinch of salt but this is what I have heard. We used to have a 2007 Warrior but have never used a Navara or for that matter the new Hilux.

• 1 month later...
thax mag! im going to buy a unreg: navara! if you know some disadvantage about it let me know please!

Well i confirmed from him, he says it does 9km/l combined that should be with A/C and on 4WD mode. and if you ask me a disadvantage the only thing is the rear seat, its bit too straight and not slanted like in a car, but you might be able to fix that if you bring the seat forward as theres loads of leg room! and yeah go for it its an awesome SUT