• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Navara

alpha17

I gave up my idea of buying an axela because I saw in HitAd there are nissan navaras for sale from 3.5 million.So I thought it is a good deal as I can buy an unregistered vehicle and also a double cab.I'm interested more in double cabs than cars.What about Navara's grades???There are many grades,and I'm going for the cheapest one,as I only need a 4wd vehicle now.

Please inform me about,

-Performance

-4WD Performance

-Comfortability and Suspension

-Lowest Price

-Maintainence

-No problem about fuel consumption as it is a diesel

I'm interested more about the Navara Outlaw version that comes with Fabric Seats with rear armrest.Climate control and 17' alloys.Can I buy it for about 3.6-3.8 million?The lowest grade has no facilities except full option and air bags.Even the front bumper looks ugly with the matt finish.Please tell me what you know about this and your opinions will be very valuable and helpful to me..thanx

If you are buying a Navara but avoiding the aventura version with leather and electric everything you might as well not buy a Navara at all.

See I was considering buying an L200 recently. since you mentioned 4wd performance this might prove valuable to you. the L200 has centre diff locks which you don't get in any other jap pickup. also because its sold brand new by the agents here finding parts and servicing should be easier. plus people here are more familiar with the 4d56 engine and if I'm right the engine you get in the brand new montero sport is identical

anyway I was talking to a truck importer from uk and he said the navara aventura is more car like in comparison. because it has dual zone climate control and electric front seats.

what you are about to do is buy the most loaded pickup in the market without most of its unique options. for that reason alone I think you should try out variants of both models that are within your budget before you buy one.

also just yesterday I was told by another importer the navara has a rather bumpy ride and the rear seat space isn't all that good. so do try out both.

I don't like to go for a hilux or a L200.As I can get a new vehicle without vat I think I can go for a Navara outlaw at about 3.6-3.8 million.

This should be a Navara from UK... Don't go for cabs from UK. they looks nice from outside. But corrosion is everywhere underneath.

Reason for this is in UK they spray salt onto roads during winter.

Good gri

This should be a Navara from UK... Don't go for cabs from UK. they looks nice from outside. But corrosion is everywhere underneath.

Good grief, could you _be_ any more uninformed?

• Like 2

i belive thats not entirely true.... and in that case you have to worry about those vehicles that were near to the sea :D if yes.. is there a way to tell apart?

i belive thats not entirely true.... and in that case you have to worry about those vehicles that were near to the sea :D if yes.. is there a way to tell apart?

machan they do spray salt onto the roads when it snows. so he's right to a certain extent. but how it turns vehicles into rust buckets isn't entirely true. this is just some srilankan "panditha" talk our people are really good with.

• Like 2

machan they do spray salt onto the roads when it snows. so he's right to a certain extent. but how it turns vehicles into rust buckets isn't entirely true. this is just some srilankan "panditha" talk our people are really good with.

yes machan, they spray salt before it snows.. for 3 months of wniter and it doesn't snow every day..

I also think the salt spraying on the vehicles is not true.my only thought is to go for a navara as the hilux looks ugly and all plastic and even the interior is not spacious.the exterior of the navara gives a mighty and a muscular look.and also i used my recent nissan d21 (51-xxxx, yom 1992) with BD25 engine for about 12 years and i is an easy vehicle.superior pickup.I bought a 2003 l200 and i'm not satisfied so i sold it and kept this.even i checked hilux and it is not good as many people boast about it.It's nothing!!!!So I will go for a navara.please tell me more about it!!!!!if you are an owner of a navara your points will be more appreciated!!!

If you are buying a Navara but avoiding the aventura version with leather and electric everything you might as well not buy a Navara at all.

See I was considering buying an L200 recently. since you mentioned 4wd performance this might prove valuable to you. the L200 has centre diff locks which you don't get in any other jap pickup. also because its sold brand new by the agents here finding parts and servicing should be easier. plus people here are more familiar with the 4d56 engine and if I'm right the engine you get in the brand new montero sport is identical

anyway I was talking to a truck importer from uk and he said the navara aventura is more car like in comparison. because it has dual zone climate control and electric front seats.

what you are about to do is buy the most loaded pickup in the market without most of its unique options. for that reason alone I think you should try out variants of both models that are within your budget before you buy one.

also just yesterday I was told by another importer the navara has a rather bumpy ride and the rear seat space isn't all that good. so do try out both.

JadeyBlitzen, a little point to note is that the L200 sold in the UK might not have the same engine as the one sold in Japan. Its a common rail diesel and I read somewhere that its sourced from PSA so its worthwhile checking. We used to have a L200 in the household and its got great pulling power but as with all cabs rear seat space is limited and the ride is a bit bumpy but it was a good car.

The Navara on the other hand has a diesel sourced from another French manufacturer Renault (the dci common rail diesel) so again its worthwhile checking if the local agents are able to maintain these engines.

Also note that because these vehicles are work vehicles they tend to do a lot of miles and the only way you can get a low mileage vehicle is if it was in private use. If you are thinking of importing one ask the exporter for a proof of mileage. If you have the UK reg number I can check with the Mitsubishi or Nissan dealers over here if they have any records for the car. You can also do an experian mileage check or check the DVLA database.

Also this notion that UK exported cars are rust buckets is complete nonsense. Yes the roads are gritted with salt, but I'm yet to see this cause modern cars too many problems particularly cars which run. This can sometimes lead to some surface rust but nothing that even needs to be taken care of to be honest. The L200 we had never had any rust issues. They are very solidly made. The only vehicles I've seen this become an issue is Transit vans and trucks for reasons beyond me.

And to the OP let me say this, you dismiss the Hilux but to be frank it is the most expensive of the three trucks to buy second hand. I shall say no more.

Edited by The Don
  • Like 1

Dear friend, I dont see any value asking some questions regarding some vehicle after fixing your mind on that vehicle. It is your money dear friend!

You might find answers for your questions when you have got the pickup.

Dear friend, I dont see any value asking some questions regarding some vehicle after fixing your mind on that vehicle. It is your money dear friend!

You might find answers for your questions when you have got the pickup.

Well what he wants to know are the differences between the various trims the Navara comes in, and the figures associated with it. But as always the community will suggest other viable options for the poster, which I believe is why come here to begin with. It's always good to have opinions from several different points of view.

Japan is an Island, surrounded by sea..........your vehicle you get from Japan may have been parked outside by a house close to sea. It is corroded.

And Japan has bad winters in the highlands.......they may be salting the roads too.

Winter affects the entire northern hemisphere, parts of Australia and Newzealand.....all those vehicles are rusted up because of salt in road............

Just noted to show you a point...........and also note the Winter in UK does not last for a long time.

Also note that humidity is a great factor for corrosion........in that case UK has less humidity than here.

And vehicles in Winter countries they apply anti rust coatings........a two year used vehicle in UK may have been expose to maximum two winters.....

Misconceptions and rumors has wings, facts have tortoise feet...........

• Like 3

Jeez you people are worried about rust in a vehicole that has seen two english winters? This whole rust thing is a grave misconception. My nine year old dodge car that had seen months of salt each year, and no under body washes in the winter, did not have any rust on it at all. The fact is that are sold in markets where they have snow get a special coating on the underbody to prevent rust. You wont see this on brand new vehicles here. You people really need to stop cryying about rust issues. If there is a rust problem, the main reason is that the area was previously damaged, stripping it down to bare metal.

Oh yeah and if you are so worried about rust, have a look at the new mahindras and tatas. True rust buckets. The metal on some have actually rotted away in the first year.

• Like 1

Oh yeah and if you are so worried about rust, have a look at the new mahindras and tatas. True rust buckets. The metal on some have actually rotted away in the first year.

+1

that brand new maruti you've parked on your drive could very well be made out of parts of the old sunny or corolla you sold for scrap to your local dealer sometime ago. Indian steel I tell you

I also searched for a 4x4 double cab few weeks ago, the best way is personally check by visiting some car sales, then you can understand the actual different, this will cost you maximum 1 day but will save much more in the long run if you are willing to buy double cab imorted from UK.

Jeez you people are worried about rust in a vehicole that has seen two english winters?

About 3 weeks back I saw a Navara for sale it looked really nice so had a look, but the underneath was shocking and covered in rust . I wish I had taken a picture of it. The car sale guy said the same old salt issue, but I think it may also have something to do with the way the anti rust coating is put in Thailand maybe ?

Also to the OP in case the UK cab has a tow bar it maybe proof that the cab has been working hard. So the engine wear maybe more although it will be just under 50k Kms.

About 3 weeks back I saw a Navara for sale it looked really nice so had a look, but the underneath was shocking and covered in rust . I wish I had taken a picture of it. The car sale guy said the same old salt issue, but I think it may also have something to do with the way the anti rust coating is put in Thailand maybe ? Also to the OP in case the UK cab has a tow bar it maybe proof that the cab has been working hard. So the engine wear maybe more although it will be just under 50k Kms.

This could also be an indication of how the vehicle has been used. If it was used in a rural area for actual farm work then you will see a lot more deterioration. What you need to do is to find a town tractor :) Also never believe the miles that appear in the odometer unless the vehicle comes with a current service book stamped by the dealer.

You mention Thailand, was it sourced from Thailand or the UK?

Edited by The Don

Most of the cabs are now made in Thailand, Totoya/Mitsubishi/Nissan/Ford.

I've been in UK for few months in 2008 and travelled quite a bit did not see that many pickups.

So my guess is that they are been used as intended by the users, i.e. farm/ constriction work which might explain the rust issues.

I gave up my idea of buying an axela because I saw in HitAd there are nissan navaras for sale from 3.5 million.So I thought it is a good deal as I can buy an unregistered vehicle and also a double cab.I'm interested more in double cabs than cars.What about Navara's grades???There are many grades,and I'm going for the cheapest one,as I only need a 4wd vehicle now.

Please inform me about,

-Performance

-4WD Performance

-Comfortability and Suspension

-Lowest Price

-Maintainence

-No problem about fuel consumption as it is a diesel

I'm interested more about the Navara Outlaw version that comes with Fabric Seats with rear armrest.Climate control and 17' alloys.Can I buy it for about 3.6-3.8 million?The lowest grade has no facilities except full option and air bags.Even the front bumper looks ugly with the matt finish.Please tell me what you know about this and your opinions will be very valuable and helpful to me..thanx

Machan, First of all, I'm not an expert on either on engines or vehicles. This is what a guy from A*W said about Navara when I when to the paliyagoda station to get my car repaired. Even I had a little ride with him on a Navara.

1 - Its a crap. give lots of engine troubles.

2 - Even its a diesel, does around 5-6 kmpl max.

3 - Comfotability - rear seat, none. I'm not sure about the front seat as I was in the rear seat. too low to the floor and not enough leg space.

Hope this helps.

Most of the cabs are now made in Thailand, Totoya/Mitsubishi/Nissan/Ford.

I've been in UK for few months in 2008 and travelled quite a bit did not see that many pickups.

So my guess is that they are been used as intended by the users, i.e. farm/ constriction work which might explain the rust issues.

They are mostly used by builders, and utility companies. Nearly impossible to find one with low mileage at a good price. Some of the dealers are now resorting to sourcing them from Northern Ireland and Scotland where the vehicles are exposed a little more to the elements.

Also its not 2 winters as somebody said but more like 4-5. There are plenty of good vehicles out there but you have to source one from a trustworthy source.