• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Trip To Thiland- Help

cseguide

I hope to go for a trip to Thiland. I know there may be experience persons who have the experience of going their. I want know is it better to go via a travel agent (I mean there are adds in hidad) or go it by myself arrenging all things. What are the other things I have to know? ex. hotel, shopping ,places to visit etc. thanks in addvance

I hope to go for a trip to Thiland. I know there may be experience persons who have the experience of going their. I want know is it better to go via a travel agent (I mean there are adds in hidad) or go it by myself arrenging all things. What are the other things I have to know? ex. hotel, shopping ,places to visit etc. thanks in addvance

Just make sure it's a girl :D

• Like 1

cseguide,

First of all go to Singapore then spend about thee nights there YMCA is the best. Then travel by train to Thailand stay few days get into a flight and come back to srilanka you like you can stay in KL, if you like as train goes through KL which you have to get visa, Transit or to stay few days if not direct travel. I have done this way up and down number of times with my wife you must have a companion to enjoy the trip.If you go with a conduct tour you have to dance to their tune.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Spell checkResumeWords: 64 | Characters: 313

If she's too hot to be a real woman, she's probably a guy.

Do a four 4-point inspection. adams apple, both headlights and crotch.

For BDSM; always pick a safe word that you both know and can pronounce. It would suck not knowing the safe word when you has battery cables hooked upto your nipples.

Practice safe sex regardless of whether you are giving or recieving.

Make sure you don't pass out drunk at a shady bar. You may wake up with a severe pain in the butt.

BTW if following sylvi's advice make sure your wife or other companion is ok with you getting a hooker for the night. Most aren't. It would suck to go to the lannd of

hookers with the old ball and chain.

Actually to think of it, your wife may enjoy the famous lady boys. You get the benefit of the headlights, she gets the pole. It's a two for one deal.

Edited by jdnet

cseguide,

First of all go to Singapore then spend about thee nights there YMCA is the best. Then travel by train to Thailand stay few days get into a flight and come back to srilanka you like you can stay in KL, if you like as train goes through KL which you have to get visa, Transit or to stay few days if not direct travel. I have done this way up and down number of times with my wife you must have a companion to enjoy the trip.If you go with a conduct tour you have to dance to their tune.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Spell checkResumeWords: 64 | Characters: 313

Hahaha

You used a spell check, yet managed to not spell "Sri Lankan" and "the" correctly. Englishfail 101.

• Like 1

presently in bagkok myself attending a work meet thing :)

all depends on what you wanna do here and where you wanna stay.

bangkok obviously is a lot more of shopping than anything else imho. I'm put up at the sheraton and it's a pretty darn nice hotel. Not cheap though but it's in the hear of the city. great rooms and excellent service.

There are plenty cheaper hotels here. I've stayed at a place called "hotel narai" before. It's in Patpong though :) so if you're travelling with family best to avoid roaming around the place at night.

Bangkok is largely safe in terms of sex industry compared to say places like Pattaya.

Been there few times on work stuff...not the best place to holiday unless you're into drinking at clubs all night long and want spend time with hookers.

best would be to do a bit of search online and see what you want to do and decide where you want to go.

most hotel bookings can be done online. I doubt you need an aent to sort you out. But if you're not used to travelling about, it might be better to go through a operator.

If you're street smart...you can get around quite easily without getting into trouble or getting ripped off :)

tuk tuks, cabbies are notirous for over charging people. Also strip clubs etc too tend to bully you into paying more than what's agreed on :)

Edited by Ripper

tuk tuks, cabbies are notirous for over charging people.

True that

tuk tuks are expensive than regular Taxies :) they knows how to take around and charge, same with normal taxi guys as well, if they feel like we dont know the town well then disaster :) same with hookers, they take you to their hotels/motel and overchareg, like you said for 1st timers its bit risky

On a serious note though. Always take a meter taxi. That's good practise both here or any where else. A lot of drivers will try to take you without using the meter. Always insist on it and try to find another one if they refuse. Also some tuk tuks annd cabs will say you donn't have to pay if you will visit a few places he would like to take you to. It's because they get free gas coupons from the biz for bringing in customers. While this may seem fun, the places mostly jewellery shops, are overpriced and going to five or more places that you don't want to buy stuff from is pretty annoying. Your best bet would be to explore the city yourself. With a good knowledge of how to speak extremely broken english, you should be good to go. Also use google to find interesting places to visit. Enjoy the street food. While things like fried roaches are disgusting there is a wide variety of food you should really experience. For a nice meal you can try one of the many seafood places. Check the prices on the menu though. Some are very reasonable, other not so much.

The place I stay everytime is the Bangkok palace. The price is decent and it's pretty nice. Try to avoid the bars and the whole hooker thing. If you want a thai hooker get one from here. It's much safer. Avoid anyone that offers you hookers. The tuk tuk drivers/pimps are worse than the kakas at the vehichle registration place.

Also beware that people will try to rip you off. Always bargain. Some instance you can cut the price by as much as half. That bienng said, I don't have any recommendations on places to visit. Haven't been to much. I just go there because I love the food.

better you go by your self. don't go through travel agents. if you want to get hotel booking use following links.

http://www.sawadee.com/

http://www.booking.com

Http://www.agoda.com

you can choose very good hotels for cheap price. around Rs. 2000 - 3000 you can find class hotels with breakfast.

best places to visit

puket

pataya

Hat Yai - full body massage Rs.750 for 2 hours.

finally Bangkok

for travelling you can use trains and buses. (for puket and Hat Yai you have to go by air (air asia flights))

if you are going 4ppl better use taxi. but try to uses buses.

if you want to find good hotels tell me i will give you good hotels

Edited by Nilantha

On a serious note though. Always take a meter taxi. That's good practise both here or any where else. A lot of drivers will try to take you without using the meter. Always insist on it and try to find another one if they refuse. Also some tuk tuks annd cabs will say you donn't have to pay if you will visit a few places he would like to take you to. It's because they get free gas coupons from the biz for bringing in customers. While this may seem fun, the places mostly jewellery shops, are overpriced and going to five or more places that you don't want to buy stuff from is pretty annoying. Your best bet would be to explore the city yourself. With a good knowledge of how to speak extremely broken english, you should be good to go. Also use google to find interesting places to visit. Enjoy the street food. While things like fried roaches are disgusting there is a wide variety of food you should really experience. For a nice meal you can try one of the many seafood places. Check the prices on the menu though. Some are very reasonable, other not so much.

The place I stay everytime is the Bangkok palace. The price is decent and it's pretty nice. Try to avoid the bars and the whole hooker thing. If you want a thai hooker get one from here. It's much safer. Avoid anyone that offers you hookers. The tuk tuk drivers/pimps are worse than the kakas at the vehichle registration place.

Also beware that people will try to rip you off. Always bargain. Some instance you can cut the price by as much as half. That bienng said, I don't have any recommendations on places to visit. Haven't been to much. I just go there because I love the food.

+1, I do endorse above in Bold.

By the way I do enjoy the temples, architecture and the boat rides. Also there is a night market, which is Patpong. Stuff are cheap and kind of low quality but you can research and buy good stuff. Also the night market is part of BGK culture enjoy that. Through BTS sky train, as I remember the station is "Sala Daeng"

Near the "Siam" sky train station there are many shopping malls. MBK center is a nice place.

Pantip plaza if you are hunting for electronics and computer stuff.

Platinum fashion mall which is near Pantip plaza has cheap but ok garments. The streets around that has some good stuff too.

Walking in dark streets can be not safe, mind you this place can get you in to a real shit hole if you get in to too many dark things.

And if you are a vegetarian you will have a hard time. Near the "Nana" station, right under that there is a nice Vegetarian restaurant, it's name is Aarya.

Hope this helps and good luck.

ripper, if he did want to find some hookers, do you have any recommendations? :)

not really mate :) but them hookers ar the easisest to find :) a lot tougher than my hunt for an irish pub that serves good guinness :) :)

on malls...there is a new joint called "terminal 21" all high end stuff and beautifully designed place. defa worth a visit just to check the place out :)

Dear Friends, For textile thing where will be the best?

Following is I know, (reposted). But there can be many more and has heard there are favorite places by Sri Lankans.

Also the night market is part of BGK culture enjoy that. Through BTS sky train, as I remember the station is "Sala Daeng"

Near the "Siam" sky train station there are many shopping malls. MBK center is a nice place.

Pantip plaza if you are hunting for electronics and computer stuff.

Platinum fashion mall which is near Pantip plaza has cheap but ok garments. The streets around that has some good stuff too

For shoppping best area is PRATUNAM .You may get a lot budget hotels in this area. Once I stayed at Pratunam Pavillion Hotel for 07 days and cost me around 4000 Rs per day for a double room with breakfast.

You find travel agents there (Tuk tuk drivers knows all the stuff but some can't speak english). I have got 02 packages for my family from them to see safari world and siyam theme park with tickets, Lunch and transportation for 19000 BHT.

In addition , You could visit River Kwai and Tiger Temple where you get tamed tigers living with monks. But entrance fee is comparativly expensive (600 BHT per head).Also Madom thusad branch is there and found around 50 nos wax figures

As far as garments are concerned, I think you can buy same quality garment in Sri lanka for a little higher price.Branded ones are really expensive and those could be found in here for more or less for the same price.