• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Renew Revenue License With Old Green Test Report

NRX

My car's revenue license is up for renewel this month and it has been renewed for the 2011 in the last october where as it was due for February ( had to pay the fine by previous owner). So he had obtained the green test report on the last october as well, I have the test report. :)

Can I use this last year's report to renew this year's revenue license since the green test report is valid for 1 year :) ??

machan, it was used for the last year's license, but still it's valid for another 8 months :) ( validity period is 1 year )

Then obviously no, or else the whole purpose would be lost & everyone would be doing it :) Its valid for 1 year if it hasn't been used.

I just got the green test done and the licence today, the test is valid for 1 year and its mentioned on the report.

The revenue licence is also given for exactly ONE year, so whenever you get the licence u have to show the test report ( obviously done before) . So what u say cannot be done, unless you have taken 2 test reports, if so you can, provided the report is valid at the time of obtaining the licence which is quite logical.

You can use the same one you used last year if it's still valid and if you're doing it online. I did it for my van in 2010 with the 2009 green test report. Did the same with insurance for my car since my new provider isn't supported yet, but the old policy was still valid (expired in January). If you go to the RMV in person then they will ask you to renew the green test if was used for the previous renewal, regardless of if its still valid or not.

Edited by terrabytetango

I just got the green test done and the licence today, the test is valid for 1 year and its mentioned on the report.

The revenue licence is also given for exactly ONE year, so whenever you get the licence u have to show the test report ( obviously done before) . So what u say cannot be done, unless you have taken 2 test reports, if so you can, provided the report is valid at the time of obtaining the licence which is quite logical.

You dont have to wait till the last day of the revenue license expiration to renew. So, you can have a non expired old green test.

'Obviously no'? Are you 100% sure? I think it was mentioned in a previous thread that it's valid.

Last year when I got mine done over the counter, they had to sign it off as there was a transfer of province as well it was then that they told me that I can do it online. And when I asked if the same test report reference can be used they said no that a new one was needed. I'm just going by that. If it can be used again, then hell I'm going to save 1000 bucks this year :)

do they take a copy of the test report and keep it with them ?? , I haven't renewed a license before, I have got the test report from the previous owner, so I was thinking I could renew using that same report as it is still only 4 months old :(

Then obviously no, or else the whole purpose would be lost & everyone would be doing it :) Its valid for 1 year if it hasn't been used.

purpose should be to avoid air polluting vehicles right ? not to earn from it ? :D :D

I also think that you can renew the revenew license using a previously used green certifcate if that green certificate has not expired. I did this last year. My revenue license was due in July, but my green certificate was expiring on september. so i used the same green certificate to renew my revenue license. But this was done via the online method. This seems to be a glitch in the online software. so, I'm not sure whether this is possible if you go to RMV in person and do it. So, better if you can try the onlline method. It's safe and the license comes to your postal address in about 2-3 weeks. They provide you with a temporary licence which you can print and use in the meantime.

I also think that you can renew the revenew license using a previously used green certifcate if that green certificate has not expired. I did this last year. My revenue license was due in July, but my green certificate was expiring on september. so i used the same green certificate to renew my revenue license. But this was done via the online method. This seems to be a glitch in the online software. so, I'm not sure whether this is possible if you go to RMV in person and do it. So, better if you can try the onlline method. It's safe and the license comes to your postal address in about 2-3 weeks. They provide you with a temporary licence which you can print and use in the meantime.

I already tried the online method, but data is outdated, missing the last revenue licence record :( and aprt from that when validating the eco test report it says cannot validate blah blah :(

Last year i went to renew my license with the old green test report since its say the valid period is 1 year. (At the time it was not expired.) But the guy was in the counter said the green certificate is valid only 3 or 6 month from the date its obtained even it says the validity period is 1 year. So i had to get a new one and renew my license. I dont know whether that law is changed by this moment.

do they take a copy of the test report and keep it with them ?? , I haven't renewed a license before, I have got the test report from the previous owner, so I was thinking I could renew using that same report as it is still only 4 months old :(

test report has a section to tear off and keep with them.

Last year i went to renew my license with the old green test report since its say the valid period is 1 year. (At the time it was not expired.) But the guy was in the counter said the green certificate is valid only 3 or 6 month from the date its obtained even it says the validity period is 1 year. So i had to get a new one and renew my license. I dont know whether that law is changed by this moment.

'sklsaminda&amp',

What counter Clark who issue new license says it is valid for one year? But next year you have to get a new one. Plenty of changes can happen to the engine within 6 months. What he says also true.

Early you can use a new vehicle for three years without Green test. Now they have changed the law.

Still if you give a bribe to a tout outside the license office at Maligawathe you can get even two licenses for one vehicle there are plenty of them loitering outside the office. Most registered Car dealers and vehicle thieves do that and drive number of vehicles with one number plate.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

You can use the same one you used last year if it's still valid and if you're doing it online. I did it for my van in 2010 with the 2009 green test report.

Wow, that a pretty big loop hole on the part of the government... will try to do it next year will save Rs 1,100/= on a utterly useless test.

Hope no revenue department guys are reading this thread.... :)

• Like 1

Wow, that a pretty big loop hole on the part of the government... will try to do it next year will save Rs 1,100/= on a utterly useless test.

Hope no revenue department guys are reading this thread.... :)

i too did it online with around a week left to expire. got the test done at last after 5 months. But they say the certificate should be in the vehicle at all times, if it is true then we cant wait for that extra year